Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Timothy_Q

Normally I'd be with you except I've recently come to the conclusion that unless anything new to the MK comes with opening up a new swath of real estate, then anything new is just begging for MK to be even more crowded. Thus, I'd be looking for a non-MK place for Mystic Manor.

A pure clone would fit right next to ToT thematically with only tweaking the exterior to make it fit an L.A./Hollywood theme. Although, MMRR and Battle Escape are also leveraging the LPS dark ride systems.

In DAK, you'd need to retell the story to make it about animals. Imagine a Museum of Natural History type of animal dioramas coming to life, especially extinct species (that aren't dinosaurs).

In Epcot, replace the monkey with Figment and 'an imagination running wild'...
I vote to put Mystic Manor in Typhoon Lagoon.

Henry Mystic used to visit the water park as a kid

RSoxNo1

Normally I'd be with you except I've recently come to the conclusion that unless anything new to the MK comes with opening up a new swath of real estate, then anything new is just begging for MK to be even more crowded. Thus, I'd be looking for a non-MK place for Mystic Manor.

A pure clone would fit right next to ToT thematically with only tweaking the exterior to make it fit an L.A./Hollywood theme. Although, MMRR and Battle Escape are also leveraging the LPS dark ride systems.

In DAK, you'd need to retell the story to make it about animals. Imagine a Museum of Natural History type of animal dioramas coming to life, especially extinct species (that aren't dinosaurs).

In Epcot, replace the monkey with Figment and 'an imagination running wild'...
Magic Kingdom being too crowded is a real enough problem, but that problem is primarily concentrated in Fantasyland and will soon also extend to Tomorrowland. Adventureland getting an additional E-Ticket would certainly spread them out. The park needs a "DHS in 2019" level capacity boost without the corresponding attendance boost. A non-IP based addition to Adventureland would help that. Of course there's also my it's a small world replacement idea as well, but we're on Mystic Manor in today's discussion of "hypothetical things that aren't happening".

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What's there now:

DinoLand U.S.A. is the name of the 'land'. Its attractions include:
  • DINOSAUR (a near-clone of the Indy ride in Anaheim, was once Countdown to Extinction)
  • Chester and Hester's DinoRama (a mini-land themed to cheesy amusement park by a couple who set up shop near a dinosaur excavation site) which includes
    • Triceratops Spin
    • Primeval Whirl (x2)
    • Carnival games
  • Boneyard (dinosaur dig themed play land)
  • And for some reason, Nemo the Musical

There was a rumor that Indy was coming and maybe also a South America Land overlay. However...
  • The South American rumor now seems dead
  • Indy was going to fully take over DINOSAUR and also be the main IP of an Excavator Rollercoaster that would take over DinoRama. However...
    • Then the rumor was Indy was going to share DINOSAUR with dinosaurs and be an "Indiana and the Dinosaurs" ride. However...
      • Now the rumor is that Indy isn't coming to DinoLand USA at all. This means:
        • DINOSAUR stays as is (it is not reverting to Countdown to Extinction, that was never a rumor)
        • The Excavator Rollercoaster takes over DinoRama without a Disney IP (maybe?)
        • Indy would then most likely be shunted to DHS with either the Shanghai PotC mechanics or as something else.

Disney Maddux

What's there now:

DinoLand U.S.A. is the name of the 'land'. Its attractions include:
  • DINOSAUR (a near-clone of the Indy ride in Anaheim, was once Countdown to Extinction)
  • Chester and Hester's DinoRama (a mini-land themed to cheesy amusement park by a couple who set up shop near a dinosaur excavation site) which includes
    • Triceratops Spin
    • Primeval Whirl (x2)
    • Carnival games
  • Boneyard (dinosaur dig themed play land)
  • And for some reason, Nemo the Musical

There was a rumor that Indy was coming and maybe also a South America Land overlay. However...
  • The South American rumor now seems dead
  • Indy was going to fully take over DINOSAUR and also be the main IP of an Excavator Rollercoaster that would take over DinoRama. However...
    • Then the rumor was Indy was going to share DINOSAUR with dinosaurs and be an "Indiana and the Dinosaurs" ride. However...
      • Now the rumor is that Indy isn't coming to DinoLand USA at all. This means:
        • DINOSAUR stays as is (it is not reverting to Countdown to Extinction, that was never a rumor)
        • The Excavator Rollercoaster takes over DinoRama without a Disney IP (maybe?)
        • Indy would then most likely be shunted to DHS with either the Shanghai PotC mechanics or as something else.
The Excavator returns! :D

RSoxNo1

MisterPenguin organizing the Indy development rumours in 5 years:

“Indy was supposed to take over the Haunted Mansion and be an “Indiana Jones and Ghosts” type ride, but apparently will instead only make a small cameo in the new Illuminations: Guardians of the Galaxy Mix Tape show”
On my site I've got the Indy rumor and a Dinoland USA update/replacement rumor as separate but largely with the same bullet points. I think the other factor here of different parks competing for ride systems is mixed in with all of this as well. These rumors are so incredibly vague in public information right now it's impressive that we've spent 200+ pages discussing them.

RSoxNo1

Why is everyone obsessed with MM.. it’s Not a game changer, it doesn’t bring anything new to the table.
It is widely considered a top 5 theme park attraction in the world. It does a lot of things well.

More importantly though it satisfies the "no-IP" desire of many on here while still being something we understand because it already exists. I would personally like a brand new attraction of that caliber or better that also satisfies the "no-IP" desire.

jaxonp

It is widely considered a top 5 theme park attraction in the world. It does a lot of things well.

More importantly though it satisfies the "no-IP" desire of many on here while still being something we understand because it already exists. I would personally like a brand new attraction of that caliber or better that also satisfies the "no-IP" desire.

I know what it’s considered and I’ve ridden it. I ridden every Disney attraction excluding slinky dog. I get the hunger for original attractions and I realize people always want what they don’t have but this is simply something WDW doesn’t need in any capacity. There are already 3 LPS coming. The use of LPS is literally the worst part of this attraction imo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom