Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

cookiee_munster

Some people have suggested the stunt spectacular get moved over to this re-themed Indy land. I don't see the thematic logic in that.

It works in the studios because of the whole studios/backstage theme (which is now being phased out)

to put it in this new land with the Dinosaur re-theme and possible new excavator coaster doesn't really seem to fit in regards to story and theme...

Movielover

Some people have suggested the stunt spectacular get moved over to this re-themed Indy land. I don't see the thematic logic in that.

It works in the studios because of the whole studios/backstage theme (which is now being phased out)

to put it in this new land with the Dinosaur re-theme and possible new excavator coaster doesn't really seem to fit in regards to story and theme...

You know that they can re-write the story of the stunt show right? Stunt actors can learn new choreography. It's not that difficult of a concept...

cookiee_munster

You know that they can re-write the story of the stunt show right? Stunt actors can learn new choreography. It's not that difficult of a concept...

You don't go to Pandora and learn how the effects of Avatar we're created. It ruins the illusion. The same with Indy. When you have two rides based on story (dinosaur/excavator) and then a stunt spectacular showing you how these stunts in the films were made it kind of ruins that illusion of the whole land...

If you mean that they do some kind of new show based purely on story and nothing to do with a behind the scene's look then i understand.

PorterRedkey

The "looser" would possibly get nothing.

It’s down to an amazing ride system that has the chance of coming to Orlando. Naturally several different groups of people think it’d be a perfect fit for "their" proposal.
That's too bad. I thought it was more of a when it comes than an if it would come. I was hoping at least. It will be some time before I can make to Shanghai.

If I had to choose between an additional new E-ticket for Epcot or DHS, I would pick DHS. SW:GE will be nuts even with the new MMRR drawing off some of the heat. DHS needs more rides to spread the influx of crowds that will be there for years and years to come. That's why I am so surprised they didn't go with the Indy attraction at DHS.
I hope Disney has a larger plan in mind with this move (besides saving money).

Don't forget that a reskinned FoP-type-of-ride is also looking for a home or two. Some day.
It’s already been knocked back twice. It’ll happen one day.

Do you have any idea the resort where the FoP type ride might go first? (One of the USA parks, a Shanghai addition, etc.) I know its early and I bet people are pitching this attraction type for a lot of their ideas like the Shanghai tech. I just thought I would throw it out in case you have heard something.

Hope work is slowing down for you! Thanks as always for all you do for these forums!

IMDREW

I do understand why they'd want Indy at DAK instead of DHS.. If they'd build an Indy ride/land in DHS it would draw more crowds and the park will not be able to handle the crowds coming for SW:GE let alone more people coming to see Indy as well. So if they'd put Indy in DAK it would spread out the guests over two parks and draw the guests coming for SW:GE to also do a day at DAK. Sounds like a win win for them. DHS needs more capacity, but like MK not something that would create more crowds. But in a perfect world I do agree that Indy belongs at DHS and not DAK.

ToTBellHop

Ok. I’m Joe Rohde. I get this project. And I want it to fit into my park. I would:

1) Retheme Dinoland as South America and add South American animals
2) have an archeological dig present, allowing for a modified Dig Site to remain and the addition of the Excavator
3) retheme Dino as a South American temple that, magically, is filled with dinosaurs. It works for the IP.

In many ways, this would actually improve the land and the park.

Indy_UK

It’s a tough one, I’d rather have Indy in Animal Kingdom than the terrible Dino land that’s currently there. Looks wise, I think it could fit well in Animal Kingdom but it’s still better suited In DHS

Kitchandro

This is obviously old news but it’s the first time i’ve heard it. If true then it is indefensible.

Indiana Jones as a land has absolutely no place at Animal Kingdom.

To actually ruin the theming totally just to make a quick buck (AGAIN) is shambolic and sums up the state of Disney now and where it is heading.

What are these imagineers doing all day, and who signed this off without asking ‘hang on, how exactly does Indiana Jones fit in with the theming of animals?’

Pandora was bad enough but this is even worse for replacing Dinosaur, one of the best and most beloved attractions in Orlando or California combined.

What a crock of you know what.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You don't go to Pandora and learn how the effects of Avatar we're created. It ruins the illusion. The same with Indy. When you have two rides based on story (dinosaur/excavator) and then a stunt spectacular showing you how these stunts in the films were made it kind of ruins that illusion of the whole land...

If you mean that they do some kind of new show based purely on story and nothing to do with a behind the scene's look then i understand.
You don't think waiting in a 3-hour line ruins illusions? It sure ruins mine...

britain

Isn’t Indy more violent? Its height restriction is 6” higher. When CTX opened, it also had a higher height requirement. They toned it down (I swear!) to lower the height requirement to 40” for Dinosaur.

The motion, as you indicated, is adjustable. Dinosaur is a scarier ride though, not as fun as Indy. I suspect some of the dinosaurs roar volume will be decreased a few dB to make this more of a all ages crowdpleaser. Not really all ages but you know what I mean.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom