Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
The problem remains of what to do with the roadside carnival aesthetic. The idea for Dinoland USA isn't exactly great but it is serviceable. IMO the carnival vibe doesn't mesh well with Countdown to Extinction regardless of the supposed story of the land. I get the idea behind it but the execution is a bit disjointed and underdeveloped. I'm against Indy taking over the area. DHS certainly makes more sense for that property. But what to do!? Add an IP to better marry the mismatch visuals or develop a new concept for the land involving something other than Dinosaurs? if that's the case then Countdown would need to be changed too.

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

The idea of a Jungle Book water ride is awesome IMO. Especially if the ride is based on the live-action film version. I think it's actually superior to the animated version. But either version would be great for an attraction in DAK. The Jungle Book is a natural fit for DAK - much more so than dippy non-Disney Pandora.

lazyboy97o

The problem remains of what to do with the roadside carnival aesthetic. The idea for Dinoland USA isn't exactly great but it is serviceable. IMO the carnival vibe doesn't mesh well with Countdown to Extinction regardless of the supposed story of the land. I get the idea behind it but the execution is a bit disjointed and underdeveloped. I'm against Indy taking over the area. DHS certainly makes more sense for that property. But what to do!? Add an IP to better marry the mismatch visuals or develop a new concept for the land involving something other than Dinosaurs? if that's the case then Countdown would need to be changed too.
Chester and Hester’s Dino-Rama can be removed in a few days. It isn’t a creative problem except for those who lack creativity and/or have an addiction to movie franchises. The rest of the land doesn’t have to be removed nor does it’s poor execution justify abandoning the park’s still [mostly] strong story.

Cesar R M

lol. this thread...

If Indiana Jones is X, and DAK is Y, what is the probability that the hypotenuse squared
of the sum of all the attraction wait times at DHS, minus Bob Iger's annual
salary is equal to the likelihood that Epcot gets a new Imagination attraction?

Show your work.
tenor.gif
"We gave you all the information in mathematical way.. now.. heres the question? you're all ready? WHAT IS THE WIFE OF THE HUSBAND WHOSE DAUGHTNER WORKS IN THE PETER PAN ATTRACTION? YOU GOT 15 SECONDS!"

Haymarket2008

Backtracking here, but if DAK gets the Indy "end of the deal", what could possibly be planned for Epcot that could ALSO be considered for DAK? Would it really be Jungle Book like others have surmised? I don't know about that...... @Magic Feather

rle4lunch

Hmmm did you reach this conclusion by standing outside the ride asking? Stop being so dramatic so people can take you seriously. First, doesn't take 2 hours to get to another park....ok.

Second, while Dinosaur is certainly no Indiana Jones, it is still a good ride. Not your cup of tea, fine. But don't make it out like nobody likes it and it's just a filler because there's just NOTHING left to do.

Okay, an hour and a half. Lol.

I've ridden dino enough in the past that I've realized that it's definitely not worth a fast pass, and unless the wait time is less than 10 minutes I'll never ride it again.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Backtracking here, but if DAK gets the Indy "end of the deal", what could possibly be planned for Epcot that could ALSO be considered for DAK? Would it really be Jungle Book like others have surmised? I don't know about that...... @Magic Feather

It might not be a common IP but a common ride mechanic, like a Shanghai-Pirates-esque boat ride with mapped projections and advanced AAs.

jt04

The idea of a Jungle Book water ride is awesome IMO. Especially if the ride is based on the live-action film version. I think it's actually superior to the animated version. But either version would be great for an attraction in DAK. The Jungle Book is a natural fit for DAK - much more so than dippy non-Disney Pandora.

You had my attention until the second and third hyphens.

Absimilliard

Capacity of the Pirates ride in Shanghai Disneyland is very impressive: they load up two barges of 30 riders at once and dispatch them at the same time. If the boats are kept at a 36 seconds interval between each others, you're looking at a realistic capacity of 3000 guests per hour, something Disney has not done since the days of the Epcot opening day attractions. I calculated the 36 seconds average interval based on my experience riding the attraction and online videos to get a larger sample of the scenes.

The longer 36 seconds interval thanks to the large boats is quite useful to the ride designer as it gives them more leeway in designing the show scenes. A ride like Indiana Jones Adventure with its 12 passenger EMV jeeps runs on a tight 18 seconds interval, which really does not give much time if you count the fact the scene has to play itself out and then resets before the next jeep.

This is an amazing ride system and I can see how most parks in Florida would want to get their hands on it. Imagine a 3000 pph ride at the Studios that don't have many rides? At Animal Kingdom to relieve the two Pandora rides and Everest? I could even see it at Disneyland replacing Toontown that can't hold its own capacity wise. Both rides in Toontown barely get to 1300-1400 pph together on a good day and if they built a replacement Meet Mickey place elsewhere, that one boat ride would get double that capacity. Toontown at Disneyland is not that useful anymore, since it lacks a counter service restaurant, is down to two mechanical attractions and closes early for the fireworks. At Tokyo Disneyland, its a different beast all together since Gadget Go-Coaster get better capacity thanks to two train operation and it has the high capacity Huey, Dewey, Louie Goodtime Cafe counter-service restaurant that is not not in California. It is also getting a second meet and greet facility dedicated to Minnie in the 2020 expansion.

P.S: would be sad to lose Gadget Go-Coaster at Disneyland... that small Vekoma Roller Skater is not that generic thanks to a ridiculous WDI overbuilding feature that helps maintenance a lot: can you believe a single train family coaster features a track switch and maintenance bay? The track switch is at the bottom of the lift hill and the lift hill is put in reverse to allow the train to go back into the garage. USF Woody Woodpecker Nuthouse Coaster that is the same model doesn't have that feature.

rle4lunch

Why isn’t that clueless crowd you speak of not flocking to Figment then?

It’s almost like they actually wanna ride Dinosaur

Because Epcot doesn't promote anything in the park besides it's 4 rides and illumination. The rest of epcot attractions get zero love, to include the ridiculously dumbed down spaceship earth. It's just luck people even find half the other stuff in Epcot. Sad

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I hate they cancelled the MK Theatre. It is sorely needed for crowd control. With being able to handle 2000 people per hour it was going to be a huge bonus to help with line wait times. I truly think its a bad business decision in the long run. A couple good theatres is what MK is sorely missing. One close to main street and another perhaps at the back in Fantasyland or Frontier Land would be idea.

It would give people a lot more comfort and shoulder room. I think accountants are making these decisions and not people who know whats needed.
The problem is what good is 2000 an hour when you only do 4 shows a day?

The MK needs several new 2000 an hour, every hour attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom