Is Epcot pursing new sponsors?

WillsNov

Original Poster
With Epcot's 25th coming up, is Disney trying to court a new group of sponsors into the park? With Spaceship Earth getting a new sponsors, it leaves only the Universe of Energy and Wonders of Life sponsorless. I mean it would be great if all the rides in Future World would have sponsors again and I know that in this day in age, sponsorship can really help boost a company's tarnished image. Anybody hear any rumblings in regards to this?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`m sure the mouse is trying to get new sponsorship; if they can spread the bills, why not? Attractions don`t need sponsorship (look at some of the biggest; PotC, BTM, HM, ToT) but in Epcot it was a sponsor funded park from conception - who remembers the heedy days of The Bell System, Sperry Univac and Kraft?

It`s not secret that Eisner made more than a few enemies with corporate sponsors (I`m not ME bashing) - indeed Kodak were rumoured to withdraw if he remained in the company - but hopefully now in this brave new world of TWDC hierarchy it could be more appealing to those companies who can afford it. If there are any left today.

There was also a rumour a while back about Life possibly having a new pharmaceutical sponsor - I don`t recall who though.

maelstrom

I would've thought Hess would be sponsoring UoE since they have all the gas stations on property now. I like Hess. I wish we still had Hess stations around here but they're all gone for some reason. I like Lukoil too; maybe they can sponsor UoE.

As for WoL, maybe a company like Merck. Or, they could just build something else there that people are actually interested in. I know some people still like WoL. But it seems like most don't or don't care. It's weird to me that a pavilion that opened in my lifetime is already dying/dead. But I never felt that WoL really fit in with the other FW pavilions.

And I think that big companies like Apple and Microsoft should be sponsoring something. Apple should definately have a section in Innoventions.

Pabgo

I know WoL is almost dead. But maybe a company like Panasonic (Don't know if I spelled that right) could sponsor it with all of their new medical equipment they are developing and are already in hospitals.

WillsNov

Original Poster
I doubt Merck will sponsor WoL. I work for them and I'm pretty sure that sponsoring a ride is out of the question. It would be a great way to boost the company's image and be able to visit a VIP lounge, but sadly that's wishful thinking.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I've always found it odd that none of the big pharmaceutical companies, looking for some good press, ever stepped up to sponosr Wonders of Life.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I've always found it odd that none of the big pharmaceutical companies, looking for some good press, ever stepped up to sponosr Wonders of Life.

Maybe they could get one of the big "enhancement" makers to step up and sponser something. :lookaroun

MickeyJman06

O.K. :confused:
my guess is
Disney does not like the new AT&T so they switched to siemens ( which really what the heck do they do?) and also Disney isin't that "sponser crazy" anymore. that's my guess

:kiss: BANNED THE MISLETOE!!!

Epcot82Guy

O.K. :confused:
my guess is
Disney does not like the new AT&T so they switched to siemens ( which really what the heck do they do?) and also Disney isin't that "sponser crazy" anymore. that's my guess

:kiss: BANNED THE MISLETOE!!!

Actually, AT&T had much more to do with pulling the plug than Disney. And, Disney is always "sponsor crazy". It's extra cash in their pockets for the cost of some signage and maybe some voice over spots. They will almost always take a contract if they can.

As for DuPont, I would love to see it. They have been looking for additional PR as of recent times, and they tend to like the avant garde. Therefore, they are perfect for Epcot. Now, whether WOL stays as a medicine pavilion or switches to molecular biology/chemistry/etc. is up to them (I would LOVE to see an updated version of Adventure thru Inner Space with some new ride system). Here's to hoping this will be a nice b-day present for the park. :D

Craig & Lisa

And I think that big companies like Apple and Microsoft should be sponsoring something. Apple should definately have a section in Innoventions.

The problem with apple is that Disney would have to switch over to using their computers and that would be a major change, Disney is very comfortable with the PC system they have now and unless apple is going to give them the machines, ( which I don't think will happen ), don't expect it to happen at all, which in MHO would be a very good thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom