Is Disney minus magic still Disney?

Is the magic still there?

• Yes, as good as ever

• Yes, but it has been seriously damaged

• No, but it can be restored

• No, it’s gone

Results are only viewable after voting.

eliza61nyc

I wish I was one of those people who think $200,000 is cheap for a car.
Then I would not care about the cr@p experience WDW is providing for what it costs ;)
lol, As always it's more than just "cheap" or "expensive". I knew someone who was a huge car aficionado, always wanted to own one of those ferrarri spiders. Me? I could pretty happy with the milk truck. I think everyone has their "thing". I saved, saved saved for my ticket to Hamilton. I wanted to see it with the original cast in nyc so I forked over 2K for 1 ticket. can I afford to do that often? not without selling a body part but it was absolutely worth it for me. so a lot of times it's not whether some one is "rich" or "poor". there is a lot of grey space in the middle.
lol I went to a disney wedding one year. can't even imagine what that tab was.
I think for most folks hanging around here Disney is affordable (or can be taken without going into debt), so the real question as always is, is the price worth what they are asking.

Smiley/OCD

lol, As always it's more than just "cheap" or "expensive". I knew someone who was a huge car aficionado, always wanted to own one of those ferrarri spiders. Me? I could pretty happy with the milk truck. I think everyone has their "thing". I saved, saved saved for my ticket to Hamilton. I wanted to see it with the original cast in nyc so I forked over 2K for 1 ticket. can I afford to do that often? not without selling a body part but it was absolutely worth it for me. so a lot of times it's not whether some one is "rich" or "poor". there is a lot of grey space in the middle.
lol I went to a disney wedding one year. can't even imagine what that tab was
That’s kinda funny…every time I step off the plane in Orlando, I think I’m married to the mouse…
(Especially when the C/C bill comes…)

eliza61nyc

That’s kinda funny…every time I step off the plane in Orlando, I think I’m married to the mouse…
(Especially when the C/C bill comes…)
lol In October HBCU's (historically black colleges/universities) are having HBCU week in Disney. I'm some how trying to use that as an excuse to go down.......

It's been over 40 years since I went to school so I'm practicing saying it with a straight face. :p

Smiley/OCD

lol In October HBCU's (historically black colleges/universities) are having HBCU week in Disney. I'm some how trying to use that as an excuse to go down.......

It's been over 40 years since I went to school so I'm practicing saying it with a straight face. :p
There was a time when my wife and I would say any day that ended in a Y would be an excuse to go lol, but now, anticipation is better…

WishIWasRetired

This may sound strange, If the weather is nice and comfortable I can tolerate almost anything, however when it really hot, humid and crowded even going to Disney springs can be unbearable

Disstevefan1

The Disney brand has been tainted through greed, lackluster parks investment, and dumb PR moves. There's been a lot of damage. I really don't know if it can be restored at this point. I wish I felt differently.
I am not a cheerleader for what they are doing at the parks and there are things I really dislike ( Moana and Harmonious at EPCOT), but at WDW, all the Halloween parties are sold out, and last I looked at least one of the Christmas parties are already sold out in September.

Whatever damage there is is being hidden my unprecedented demand!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I am not a cheerleader for what they are doing at the parks and there are things I really dislike ( Moana and Harmonious at EPCOT), but at WDW, all the Halloween parties are sold out, and last I looked at least one of the Christmas parties are already sold out in September.

Whatever damage there is is being hidden my unprecedented demand!
It's simply that there are sufficient numbers of people willing to pay a price higher than others comfort zone. Disney Food Blog incorporated just spewed out an article saying that the middle class has officially been priced out of Disney.

epcotWSC

I still enjoy going overall especially because of my kids. However, if it weren't for having DVC, a Disney vacation would probably be very low on my list of vacation destinations.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I still enjoy going overall especially because of my kids. However, if it weren't for having DVC, a Disney vacation would probably be very low on my list of vacation destinations.
Honest question… do you feel you are “forced” to go to Disney bc of DVC and wasnt that their long term goal to lock in people and have others feel or say the same thing? Why not just rent your points and use that money elsewhere?

Prince-1

But it's expensive for 99% of the people where a $50k car is only expensive for 50% of the people.......get the point?

I am sure you have some data that you can share to back up your statistic. Or did you just make up some ridiculous number that is obviously false based on the demand and crowds that are currently visiting Disney.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I am sure you have some data that you can share to back up your statistic. Or did you just make up some ridiculous number that is obviously false based on the demand and crowds that are currently visiting Disney.
This statement is almost as accurate as his claim of hotel airfare and food for 5 people at 1400 all in for a week… but who am i to challenge someone to show proof… its the internet

Disstevefan1

It's simply that there are sufficient numbers of people willing to pay a price higher than others comfort zone. Disney Food Blog incorporated just spewed out an article saying that the middle class has officially been priced out of Disney.
Agreed, as long as there are sufficient numbers of people willing to pay, the Disneyparks will have no problem and no need to change their current path.

Remember, there are families like the family from Denver that comes once every five years and thanks to Bobby for getting rid of filthy, nasty, unfavorable APers, the family from Denver we always be able have their WDW vacation.

That would be an interesting analysis, comparing the costs of the same WDW vacation 5 years apart.

Let's hope the family from Denver does not check their receipts...

crawale

The Disney brand has been tainted through greed, lackluster parks investment, and dumb PR moves. There's been a lot of damage. I really don't know if it can be restored at this point. I wish I felt differently.
We first went to Disney in 1986. My son would save all year to have money for souvenirs. We were DVC, Annual Passholders and Florida residents and went a couple of times a year. When we had grandkids we took them to see the 'magic'. However it has been several years since there was 'magic'. The cost increased as the quality decreased. Once upon a time Disney cared about guests and were quick to correct anything that was wrong. Now they simply don't care. Souvenirs are shoddy and expensive, the rides break down, the hotels have become shabby and the service has ceased to be the best - or even the second best. Most of all Disney want to 'groom' our kids with all the push towards transgenderism, which is a very tiny minority, so that no longer are children 'boys and girls'. Of course there are some here who would pay anything for nothing and boast how they can afford still to go. Well good for them. Their standards are obviously low despite their wealth. It would be a good idea to dissociate from the name 'Disney' as the mission has so far strayed from Walt's idea that the parks would be a place where parents and kids could go to have fun together - without needing a second mortgage. Such a shame!

epcotWSC

Honest question… do you feel you are “forced” to go to Disney bc of DVC and wasnt that their long term goal to lock in people and have others feel or say the same thing? Why not just rent your points and use that money elsewhere?
A little bit. Part of the equation is that my wife has been going almost every year since she was like 8, so there's a bit of an attachment there. Her family bought in back in the 90s when it was way cheaper. At this point we're just paying dues, but it's still a nice chunk of money (and have gotten really expensive over the last couple of years) and then add in park tickets, meals, airline tickets (which haven't been cheap recently), rental car, etc. and it really adds up.

Either way, you have to decide what to do with those points each year. There have been times we've had family ask to use them and we'll just charge them the annual dues rate x points. Then my brother-in-law pays a portion of the dues so we need to make sure that we have enough points available for him to go if he wants. So it's a bit complicated anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom