• No, but it can be restored

• No, it’s gone

Results are only viewable after voting.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I think there are many families like yours:
Money is not a factor.
Your current vacation experience is not compared your previous experiences; you make the best with what's in front of you.
This is for sure good for both you and TWDC.
Im far from having unlimited funds so not sure what you mean by money not being a factor… but ill say this if anyone is going away on any vacation by either going into debt ie cc or basically with no room to spare if something comes up probably not the best decision. & i agree im 100% gonna make the best of it as everyone else should. Whats the point otherwise honestly?!? It was hotter than hot when i was there. It was raining more than usual. We laughed and did what we had to do to stay as cool as possible which wss impossible hahah.

Ill add this as well... i had again no expectations etc but again was pleasantly surprised with majority of my vacation and any issues i had was resolved and any requests i made were granted... Most of the cast was amazing as always with the few that were their miserable self & i dealt with plenty during my stay....

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

Im far from having unlimited funds so not sure what you mean by money not being a factor… but ill say this if anyone is going away on any vacation by either going into debt ie cc or basically with no room to spare if something comes up probably not the best decision. & i agree im 100% gonna make the best of it as everyone else should. Whats the point otherwise honestly?!? It was hotter than hot when i was there. It was raining more than usual. We laughed and did what we had to do to stay as cool as possible which wss impossible hahah.

Ill add this as well... i had again no expectations etc but again was pleasantly surprised with majority of my vacation and any issues i had was resolved and any requests i made were granted... Most of the cast was amazing as always with the few that were their miserable self & i dealt with plenty during my stay....
I agree with your post and you mention exactly what I do when going on a trip to WDW and is my number one tip!

Way before we even heard of COVID, on a trip to WDW I set my expectations LOW.

Anything better than that is win for me.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I agree with your post and you mention exactly what I do when going on a trip to WDW and is my number one tip!

Way before we even heard of COVID, on a trip to WDW I set my expectations LOW.

Anything better than that is win for me.
Ill be honest too.... if anyone is on a vacation with your family etc things have to really be bad to say you had a miserable time the entire trip... at some point you need to look in the mirror and say hey maybe its me... im on these boards for 2+ decades ive read all the good & bad .. heck ive complained left and right as well here and privately but once im there that all goes out the window... im not looking for a broken AA or a burnt light bulb... yes obviously i see the difference and in some cases worse than others but end of day there are still way more good than bad.... yes do things need to change there 100% but bottom line you knew that going in so to go there knowing this then come back and complain about it... its a headscratcher to say the least... thats like me saying i had a horrible time bc it was too hot & rainy.... well no $h*t its August in Florida!!!

GrumpyDude

In my opinion, everyone is trying to attach Disney Magic with money. I don't think the two should be related. WDW has always been expensive but people tend to make more money as time goes on. There are exceptions to this, I am just speaking generally. When I was a kid (1970s on up), we usually took a trip every year. I didn't appreciate the the amount of money that my parents spent taking a family of 7 until I had my own family with my own trips. That brings me to now. Yes, a trip to WDW is outrageously expensive for the perceived value that you get. The nickel and diming is very frustrating. We know how much a trip is going to cost us as soon as we start planning. We do our complaining when we start making reservations and start paying for stuff before we leave home. Nothing is going to change when we get there, so we gripe about that stuff at home. I can go cut grass and get my mind off of that and nothing is ruined. If we need to cut back on things at home and/or for the trip we do so, so there is no shock when we get there.

For my family and I, the Magic starts when we get to the airport. Work and other problems are left behind for a short period of time.
I have been to WDW over 30 times and I still get excited when we enter the hotel lobby. The first park that we go to brings a sense of joy that I cannot get with my hard-earned money sitting in a bank. For a period of time, we eat, sleep, walk, play, laugh, and experience many different things. Every trip is different and creates different memories. To me, that is Disney Magic. I am sure many will disagree with my philosophy, but when we get home, we have no regrets about going and we look forward to the next trip.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
In my opinion, everyone is trying to attach Disney Magic with money. I don't think the two should be related. WDW has always been expensive but people tend to make more money as time goes on. There are exceptions to this, I am just speaking generally. When I was a kid (1970s on up), we usually took a trip every year. I didn't appreciate the the amount of money that my parents spent taking a family of 7 until I had my own family with my own trips. That brings me to now. Yes, a trip to WDW is outrageously expensive for the perceived value that you get. The nickel and diming is very frustrating. We know how much a trip is going to cost us as soon as we start planning. We do our complaining when we start making reservations and start paying for stuff before we leave home. Nothing is going to change when we get there, so we gripe about that stuff at home. I can go cut grass and get my mind off of that and nothing is ruined. If we need to cut back on things at home and/or for the trip we do so, so there is no shock when we get there.

For my family and I, the Magic starts when we get to the airport. Work and other problems are left behind for a short period of time.
I have been to WDW over 30 times and I still get excited when we enter the hotel lobby. The first park that we go to brings a sense of joy that I cannot get with my hard-earned money sitting in a bank. For a period of time, we eat, sleep, walk, play, laugh, and experience many different things. Every trip is different and creates different memories. To me, that is Disney Magic. I am sure many will disagree with my philosophy, but when we get home, we have no regrets about going and we look forward to the next trip.
Well said. Beautifully said…

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I feel this is simple. If you still feel the magic, then go. If the magic is there for you, what's the issue?
If you aren't feeling the magic don't go. Why spend the money if its not doing it for you.
Totally agree… Been my logic entering my last couple trips The minute i go and lose the feels then my body and brain is telling me it needs a Disney break & spend my Disney money elsewhere…

TQQQ

Well the cost of Disney has outpaced inflation by over 10x

jloucks

No, you obviously dont have the mental capacity to understand basic economics principles and I'm sorry thats hard for you....Maybe you can study a basic econ course and you will understand better? I dont know what else to tell you

We will move on

Wow, ok, that seemed unnecessary, but If this is a tinkling contest, I want in. I have likely more education than you, and 15+ hours of that in ECON & FINA. So, I think I have the authority to say you could do a better job at educating, or even communicating your point.

Let's start with the...

Definition of expensive

: involving high cost or sacrifice

a: commanding a high price and especially one that is not based on intrinsic worth or is beyond a prospective buyer's means
b: characterized by high prices

The key words here are "sacrifice", "intrinsic worth", and "buyers means". To start challenging someone's "mental capacity" because they took a valid interpretation of the definition seems.... extreme.

Now, I get it. You are exploring the definition of the word "high". High as in, "above average". Disney is expensive based on it being above average in price. Buuuuut, above WHAT average? Now we are back in the weeds looking at vacation costs. Costs of Amusement Parks? Costs of Cruises? Costs of ?

So, to throw you a bone, you are correct based on the price of amusement parks. But it is up to you to clearly define the parameters of your argument. No need to get all personal.

imagineer boy

I've been following Disney closely for the past 20 years. I've been critical of the management long before Chapek's reign of terror began. I've been optimistic that the magic can be restored by at this point I feel like its just too far gone. Gone into a direction that's way too hard to reverse. I'm usually not a pessimist but in this area I feel like I just can't see it changing. But this image makes me feel better:
chapekslap.jpg

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I've been following Disney closely for the past 20 years. I've been critical of the management long before Chapek's reign of terror began. I've been optimistic that the magic can be restored by at this point I feel like its just too far gone. Gone into a direction that's way too hard to reverse. I'm usually not a pessimist but in this area I feel like I just can't see it changing. But this image makes me feel better:
View attachment 668429

Magic is definitely diminished but to say its too far gone & cant be restored i think is an overstatement. If you want to debate that the company just doesnt care thats fine. But to me this company needs to do some basic things add in some simple additions bring back entertainment that people grew to love and in a heartbeat everything to me is back to normal. Problem is they have no desire and take forever to make things happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom