Is Disney minus magic still Disney?

Is the magic still there?

• Yes, as good as ever

• Yes, but it has been seriously damaged

• No, but it can be restored

• No, it’s gone

Results are only viewable after voting.

LittleBuford

It's not whether you want to spend a week in Disney vs. the real world, everyone would want to do that.

It's whether you'd rather spend less money, for a better room, with more amenities in Turks and Caicos (or the bahamas, aruba, dominican, etc) vs. going to WDW.............
I would consider those two entirely different experiences, such that I would never compare their relative cost. If I want a Disney “hit”, I’m not going to get it by holidaying somewhere else.

Disstevefan1

I would consider those two entirely different experiences, such that I would never compare their relative cost. If I want a Disney “hit”, I’m not going to get it by holidaying somewhere else.
I think you “hit” on to something here.
Yes, there are “better” places to vacation.
Yes, there are places to vacation that provide more value for your dollar.

But it’s true, when you need your Disney “hit” you gotta go to Disney.

Before you say it, Disney Springs is good but it doesn’t give me the “Disney High” that the parks do.

TWDC knows this and that is why we are where we are.

eliza61nyc

It's not whether you want to spend a week in Disney vs. the real world, everyone would want to do that.

It's whether you'd rather spend less money, for a better room, with more amenities in Turks and Caicos (or the bahamas, aruba, dominican, etc) vs. going to WDW.............
See for me its not that simple, yes I could probably pay less in the bahamas but what would we do for 8-9 days. I've been to Aruba, it's a small island so after 3 days I'm bored, so am I getting a better value??
You can always find something "cheaper".
Now the bahamas, again I didn't find it super cheap. By the time we kicked out for air, hotel and ridiculously expensive food, we weren't that far from our Disney budget (I didn't include prices for ticket).

Lol but you're talking to the girl that thinks vacations are expensive period

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
See for me its not that simple, yes I could probably pay less in the bahamas but what would we do for 8-9 days. I've been to Aruba, it's a small island so after 3 days I'm bored, so am I getting a better value??
You can always find something "cheaper".
Now the bahamas, again I didn't find it super cheap. By the time we kicked out for air, hotel and ridiculously expensive food, we weren't that far from our Disney budget (I didn't include prices for ticket).

Lol but you're talking to the girl that thinks vacations are expensive period
& thats the point im basically making vacations are far from cheap... of course if you search for deals and certain spots you can definitely save money and find something cheaper but at what sacrifice....

Smiley/OCD

I live 5 miles from the beach, so I don’t need the Caribbean…I was accused of being (and probably was) a pixie duster, but I’ve seen things change NOT for the better since our first trip in ‘93 so anyone who reads my posts will see that I’m much more critical of the current knuckleheads in Anaheim.
But what I don’t get is why people on here treat those that still enjoy going as idiots, buffoons, second class citizens, etc. If it brings joy to stay for a week, why does it matter to you? I’m a NY Jets season ticket holder since 1990…am I an idiot for buying them every year? My wife thinks so, but it brings me 4 hours of fun no matter how much agita I get on a Sunday afternoon. I actually enjoy sitting with 80k other idiots 8 weeks a year, so one more week wasted won’t kill me. Lol. I just find it ironic that the ones who complain the MOST are the ones who haven’t been there in a long time. If you don’t want to go, that’s cool, but don’t begrudge people who still like to go. Besides, if we stop going, and it closes, what will you b***h about then?

Jrb1979

& thats the point im basically making vacations are far from cheap... of course if you search for deals and certain spots you can definitely save money and find something cheaper but at what sacrifice....
For my family we save money by finding decent hotels off site as for us a hotel is just a place to sleep nothing more. If it includes breakfast it's a bonus.

Yes vacations can be expensive but it also depends on what you are looking for. For many it seems family time is more important then how much the vacation costs.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
For my family we save money by finding decent hotels off site as for us a hotel is just a place to sleep nothing more. If it includes breakfast it's a bonus.

Yes vacations can be expensive but it also depends on what you are looking for. For many it seems family time is more important then how much the vacation costs.
I agree for starters no price is too high for the memories i made with my daughter and mother.... as far as offsite ill ask this i paid 140 per night for Movies... how much am i really saving if i stayed off site especially when you factor in travel time etc and the loss of the extra 30 minutes altho i really didnt take advantage of it for most part.

TQQQ

I live 5 miles from the beach, so I don’t need the Caribbean…I was accused of being (and probably was) a pixie duster, but I’ve seen things change NOT for the better since our first trip in ‘93 so anyone who reads my posts will see that I’m much more critical of the current knuckleheads in Anaheim.
But what I don’t get is why people on here treat those that still enjoy going as idiots, buffoons, second class citizens, etc. If it brings joy to stay for a week, why does it matter to you? I’m a NY Jets season ticket holder since 1990…am I an idiot for buying them every year? My wife thinks so, but it brings me 4 hours of fun no matter how much agita I get on a Sunday afternoon. I actually enjoy sitting with 80k other idiots 8 weeks a year, so one more week wasted won’t kill me. Lol. I just find it ironic that the ones who complain the MOST are the ones who haven’t been there in a long time. If you don’t want to go, that’s cool, but don’t begrudge people who still like to go. Besides, if we stop going, and it closes, what will you b***h about then?
HA....Jets fan and go to WDW? What is wrong with you?

Californian Elitist

Again, very, very, very, very, very, very expensive.....

How can you say a week for a family of 5 at $7k+ before transportation and food is not expensive?

I'm looking at $3k in airfare and another $2k in food so a week at the cheapest Disney hotel..........then add another $900 for Genie+/ILL selections and the cost of my trip for my family of 5 $13,000+

you think thats not expensive? YOU ARE OFF YOUR ROCKER!!!!!!!!

I dont care what you pay per day.....actual, real money out of my pocket is over $13,000 for a week at the cheapest motel on property...........that's a rip off, and that's not debatable

You might be the only person in the WORLD that says Disney isn't expensive, and that's going on a dime budget staying at the cheapest low budget crappy hotel they have........

Imagine if I wanted to stay in a deluxe with 2 Br's, do some dessert parties, go to Hoop Dee Do, buy merchandise, go to a water park on an off day, eat at the better restaurants, etc.? It would be north of $25,000
Affordability is subjective as well, no? It’s perfectly normal for someone to think that 7k+ for a Disney vacation for a family of five is inexpensive. Just like someone could have the opinion that spending more than $20 for a pair of jeans is unreasonable and expensive.

TQQQ

Affordability is subjective as well, no? It’s perfectly normal for someone to think that 7k+ for a Disney vacation for a family of five is inexpensive. Just like someone could have the opinion that spending more than $20 for a pair of jeans is unreasonable and expensive.
Affordability and expensive are 2 very different things.............$200,000 for a car is expensive, even if you can afford it...............The more expensive it is, the less affordable it becomes to the masses

LittleBuford

Exactly. We all value different things. Some here consider Disney park tickets overpriced; I consider them very reasonable for the experience they buy me. Conversely, Disney hotel room rates are much higher than what I’m willing to pay, while others will only stay on property. It’s all a matter of personal preference.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Affordability and expensive are 2 very different things.............$200,000 for a car is expensive, even if you can afford it...............The more expensive it is, the less affordable it becomes to the masses
Okay, same thing though. What someone may find to be cheap or expensive is subjective. $200,000 for a car is expensive for you, not for everyone.

Californian Elitist

Exactly. We all value didn’t things. Some here consider Disney park tickets overpriced; I consider them very reasonable for the experience they buy me. Conversely, Disney hotel room rates are much higher than what I’m willing to pay, while others will only stay on property. It’s all a matter of personal preference.
Yep! It’s all subjective, based on value, income, interests, etc. Saying that someone is “off their rocker” for not finding something expensive when they do, especially without knowing any info/context about the person, is weird.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Yep! It’s all subjective, based on value, income, interests, etc. Saying that someone is “off their rocker” for not finding something expensive when they do, especially without knowing any info/context about the person, is weird.
Yes and to think i was the one who was accused of name calling and saying thing about others. Who would have thought lol. Lucky im a thick skinned New Yorker!!!

jloucks

March 11-18th for my family of 5 with park tickets (including park hopper) at the cheapest hotel there, All Star Movies (which is a glorified motel 6) is $7,123.15

The Marriott Aruba for the same week and is way nicer and is $3,688.12
Same sorta of discrepancy happens when you compare a week at sea on a cruise ship. Cruise ship, family of 4, bang for buck is hard to beat.

...except of course when we cruise. Week of thanksgiving is very pricey. Disney Cruise line was over $8,000. ...and that was a few years ago.

No regrets I should say, it was amazing! Best captains speech before dinner I have ever heard. He spent some time perfecting that sucker.

Californian Elitist

I wish I was one of those people who think $200,000 is cheap for a car.
Then I would not care about the cr@p experience WDW is providing for what it costs ;)
Yes, it would be nice if money and finances were of no concern. Then again, I’ve spent some time with people born into wealth. Let’s just say I’m very grateful for my middle-class upbringing and experiences.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom