Is Disney minus magic still Disney?

Is the magic still there?

• Yes, as good as ever

• Yes, but it has been seriously damaged

• No, but it can be restored

• No, it’s gone

Results are only viewable after voting.

StarshipDisney

The magic could be restored, but obviously not with the current scum CEO and a Board of Directors that care about nothing but their next executive bonus. Walt Disney's vision for a quality guest experience and a place for families is gone and has been replaced with ruthless intent to squeeze every last penny out of each and every visitor.

I can see a future time when the Disney reputation is trash but you can bet Chapek, and the current BOD, will be laughing all the way to the bank. So why would they care?

cm1988

Original Poster

Disstevefan1

B9B789CE-D3F5-4B3C-B422-9B7FAB790639.png

JIMINYCR

The Magic is still there for us to enjoy. It has diminished for many reasons but a trip can still be enjoyed and Magic still can be found. For those who cant enjoy it now, its fine to stay away, for us who still see it as having enough to enjoy we will go. Over time theres hope changes for the better will come.

DisneyfanMA

I completely agree the cost is nuts. And I think Chapek is a penny wise pound foolish corporate CEO........That said how is Disney "out of reach for the average family", yet attendance is at or near all time highs? It is too bad that Disney is probably out of reach for many many families, yet clearly the demand outstrips the supply. The scary truth is Disney could charge a lot more and still bring in crowds. And they plan to, it sounds like.

This may be my one and only family trip there.

what is Disney "magic", specifically???? I still don't know really what it is. so nebulous, so undefined, so subjective

so once we define "magic" in this context, then I can tell you whether it would profoundly affect Disney or not if it were gone.

DisneyfanMA

Is it possible some go so often the magic just diminishes simply due to repeated exposure? I mean most pleasures get a little routine if it's always the same all the time. Lol. :)

Also Disney has exploded in popularity and expanded which always waters down the product for those most dialed in. Like your favorite band who "sells out" and goes mainstream. Its never the same after that.

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

The magic is still there, but you have to look for it kinda like looking for a hidden Mickey. It was never like that, it always hit you like a truck as soon as you entered the property. Now in order to have a great time, you just have to lower your expectations and SEARCH for the positives…it can be done, but you have to work for it like you now work on your preplanning and preparation.

eliza61nyc

How are you defining "Disney magic"? For my family, we still have magical vacations but then we don't equate every aspect of our vacations by the cost and we definitely don't compare our vacations by what things cost 10 years ago.

Not sure I'd agree that the brand is "ruined "
As always, I ask the question... if Disney is so horrible who the heck is going?

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Am i the only one who thinks if you stay Value or look to rent DVC Disney is not as expensive as everyone says it is.... I know ive stated this countless times but again my per day cost for me & my daughter was cheaper than anywhere we went this year so far and in line with other places.... & ive already been "criticized" for spending as much as i have on food so yes i do agree the place has lost some magic and the cuts have been unacceptable along with all the downtime and maintenance issues but price to me is far from awful in comparison. Also FWIW we still had a great time yes definitely not the same but still had the feels & magic.

Disstevefan1

How are you defining "Disney magic"? For my family, we still have magical vacations but then we don't equate every aspect of our vacations by the cost and we definitely don't compare our vacations by what things cost 10 years ago.

Not sure I'd agree that the brand is "ruined "
As always, I ask the question... if Disney is so horrible who the heck is going?
I think there are many families like yours:
Money is not a factor.
Your current vacation experience is not compared your previous experiences; you make the best with what's in front of you.
This is for sure good for both you and TWDC.

Chi84

Premium Member
I don't agree with people who claim the "magic" has been declining for 20 years. Our best trips ever were in 2018 and 2019 - there was so much to do in the parks and Disney Springs. We would visit the Port Orleans resorts for the entertainment and we loved all the restaurants. A lot of the problems of the last couple of years are COVID related, especially issues like maintenance, housekeeping and limited menus.

Jrb1979

I don't agree with people who claim the "magic" has been declining for 20 years. Our best trips ever were in 2018 and 2019 - there was so much to do in the parks and Disney Springs. We would visit the Port Orleans resorts for the entertainment and we loved all the restaurants. A lot of the problems of the last couple of years are COVID related, especially issues like maintenance, housekeeping and limited menus.
The Covid issues only go so far. I can understand limited menus and housekeeping. There should be no excuse on the maintenance part. I have visited a lot of parks the last year and Disney is near the bottom in terms of maintenance. Most other parks understand maintenance is one of the most important parts of the day to day of a parks operation

Now as far as the magic goes it depends on how you look at it. For many the magic comes from spending time with the family and seeing the joy in the kids eyes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom