Is Disney addictive like a drug to you?

Edeyore

I wish it wasn't so addictive. I had a good habit going, went in 1998, 2000 & 2004, but have not been back since. I am still suffering withdrawal symptoms. WDWmagic is my fix.

WDW 3

It all started out so innocently.......and now I've hooked my dh. Relaxing, rides, food, segways, how wicked. I am a junkie and must hang my head in shame. Next fix 37 days.

Toveck

I know I'm addicted. I don't know how it happened. I even hated Disney before my first trip, but now I can't get enough. My wife is amazed that I turned so completely around since my first trip. Now I'm always trying to figure out ways to get back for my next "fix".

I recently talked my wife into going to 2 smaller trips each year, instead of 1 bigger, more expensive trip. This way I have less time to wait between trips!

I think part of it is really just the fact that when you are there you are so immersed in the whole experience that it seems like a different world. And being a kid at heart, the magic there just hits me time and time again.

duff527

My fiance thinks I'm crazy for checking in on the latest news and rumors every day and occasionally listening to some park music. I have to admit even I'm embarrassed by it, but I can't stop! I have to think of a way to get the fiance hooked though. We went twice last year (8 days and 4 days) and she loved it (her first trips since she was 5) and looks forward to going back, but not in the way I do. With the wedding next year, we're looking at late 2012 as our earliest return time and she's cool with that, but I'd love to go back sooner!

Mouse Man

I am having DT'S right now just thinking about arriving in WDW on Sept 12 - 21, 2010.

Hello my name is Andy and I am addicted to WDW. No I do not want to be treated or care for rehab.

joannecasey

Okay I don't do drugs, let's make this clear. Never done cocaine, never want to. But I do know those things are extremely addictive and when you AREN'T partaking in them you are often thinking about it. So in my mind Disney is a lot like this to me. I don't know when the next time is that I will go back which makes it equally depressing but it's been 6 months since my last trip and I always assume that I'll get back to normal and forget about it but I just don't anymore.

If I am having a bad day I picture things like driving under the sign for "Walt Disney World" or "Magic Kingdom" prior to parking. I imagine riding the monorail to MK or riding Tower of Terror, or Peter Pan, or watching Spectromagic or Wishes. For some reason the Disney magic has stuck with me longer than ever before and I would do almost anything to go back there even for just one day. Who else feels that Disney is an addiction (a good one of course :animwink:) that is impossible to ignore?

I absolutely and completely feel the same way !! I'm glad to hear others feel the same as most of the people around me think I'm a little crazy ! I even miss the announcers voice on the monorail and have found clips online of "sounds around Disney" and listen to them quite often. Can't wait to go again and hope you get to go back soon too !! :)

DisneyPrincess5

Yes I am addicted! It makes me happy and fills my days with joy. It gives me something to look forward to and plan for. Its probably just as costly as drugs but thats ok :ROFLOL: It's my thang.

Tooning

Addicted? Maybe not .

It sounds like with you(As it is the same with me) it is more of your safe place or escape place. Which in my opinion we all need.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Without question I am addicted! It's been a lifelong addiction, passed down from my parents. I guess that makes me a Disney-Crack-Baby! In turn, I am giving the same "gift" to my child (soon to be children). At 2 1/2, she routinely asks to go to "Mickey's Castle" and "Ride the Green Dumbo".
Marrying a Disney fan did not help. I was bad enough on my own, but my DW and I have been to WDW or DL at least once a year every year we've been together (minus 2008, just could not do it with a newborn).
Add to that the time I spend on this forum, reading and rereading various books, websites, or just staring at the various Disney photos up in my cubicle, I think I'm a full-blown addict.

WDWmazprty

picture.php

Disney! Disney! Disney!

dixiegirl

Yeah that about sums it up!!! Nothing else likeit in the world! I mean when your wife is staring at a Dasani machine at your local hardware store with this huge grin on her face, yeah you know it makes her think of Disney!!! Or hwne your 6 year old smells the fumes frm a public transport bus she says " mama that bus smells just like the disney buses". I really could go on and on but yes to us its a drug its in our lives every single day, from the pictures on the walls to the disney themed rooms...... and in just 9 days....I'm getting my presciption filled baby!! WOOHOOOOOO

Yes I'm Dixiegirl and I'm a Disneyholic!!!!

And yes the children are brainwashed too!!! (they think its normal to go to disney everyear sometimes twice...Since the time they were born, their 10 and 6...Yes they are soo spoiled!)

Mickey92

VERY Addicted to Disney! Its the part of my life that makes me Smile everyday :) I Just Love it and I dont want it to leave or go away its the best drug ever for addiction haha LOL

cowanfamily

My sister tried an intervention last January. It didn't work. She went with me in June. She is now hooked. All it took was one shot. The Dole Whip finished her off. She will be returning in November.

tiggermarie

I am Addicted. When I am having a hard day at work I will plug in my Ipod and turn on the Disney play list.

I WANT TO GO TO DISNEY NOW!!!!!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

powlessfamily4

Diary of a Disney Addict:

Well... it all started back when I five. My Dad slid across Disney on Ice with me in his arms (he was just a recreational user) I shook the Mouses hand, chalked it up as a learned experience and put the whole thing behind me. My brother... not so lucky. Thanks to Dad's influence he became a hard core user. Going to the parks sometimes 2 or 3 times a year. He surrounded himself with all things Disney. We stood by powerless to help. In 1997 I took a trip to then MGM (Now goes by the recreational name of DHS, same thing just a few changes in the compound similiar experience) It was hard, but I was able to walk away.
I tried to intervene with my brother this past January - but I became a junkie myself. I started with Magic Kingdom and then moved on AK, EPCOT, DHS yeah, I have tried all of it. It really went hard core when I started staying on property and participating in the free dinning and fast passes. The clincher was the Dole Whip..... I just can't shake the whips. I am heading back in November to get a hard fix. Not sure how long it will last......

My name is Chandra and I am a Disney addict.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom