Is Disney addictive like a drug to you?

datw@epcot

I go through numerous phases related to leaving WDW, they go something like this:

1. relief from being away from the heat, walking and crowds (one week)

2. depression due to the amount of money I spent, then double depression when I realize that all the spending included annual passholder and tables in wonderland discounts and still added up to that amount (one week)

3. denial that WDW continues to affect me in this way, which usually involves me boycotting WDWMagic for a month or so to try to convince myself (one month)

4. acceptance that WDW continues to affect me in this way, which leads to me getting back to my daily routine of visiting WDWMagic during lunch

5. excitement for planning for my next trip!

I've been "WDW sober" for 22 days, therefore I made it through step three pretty quickly this time, I'll be back "on" WDW in 86 days!

bgraham34

There is no addiction, There is no addiction, There is no addiction, Who wants to go on Peter Pan, There is no addiction.

tinkatpotc

I have been an addict for 21 years...and everyone knows how hard it is to stop an addiction that you have had for that long! My addiction is so bad that whenever I have an anxiety attack, I sing Wishes...yup! In my car, I listen to Disney music, when my friends introduce me to people, they say "she is the one that loves Disney". I had a Disney wedding cake and invitations. I could go on and on...hopefully only 4 months until my fix!

travelgip

They say admitting you have a problem is the halfway point towards solving it.
You are in trouble :lookaroun if any of these excuses belong to you when speaking of Disney:
I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM, YOU DO (deny, deny, deny - the best defense is a good offense!)
I CAN STOP ANYTIME (the fake illusion of control)
IT'S ONLY ONCE IN A WHILE, YOU KNOW, RECREATIONAL
JUST THIS ONE LAST TIME AND I'LL STOP (we all know this will NEVER happen)
ONLY LOSERS ADMIT THEY HAVE A PROBLEM/TREATMENT IS FOR LOSERS
If you knew what I felt like without it, you would get it for me/bring me there!

But my altime favorite defense to someone telling me I'm addicted to Disney is:
NOBODY LIKES A QUITTER! :ROFLOL:

Tomi-Rocket

What?!?

Oh, I am so NOT an addict. I can handle it. It's other people that have a problem and can't. I can quit whenever I want, I just don't want to right now. Geez.

Beuford

I think anyone on this site could pretty much be considered an addict. I on the other hand am only here to listen to other peoples problems on how they miss Disney bla bla bla. In fact, I go to the world about 12 times a year to see the poor addicts in action, it's sad. But not me, nope, no problem at all.

Now let me go back to day dreaming of disney while I listen to park music and book my room for next month! Crazy people!:p

KaneMarko

Is Disney addictive?

Yes! As I type, I'm watching a ride through on YouTube of Splash Mountain. And after this I'm probably going to watch Fantasmic for the 1000th time (approximately). We have 70+ days to go before we leave for WDW. And I can't stop watching/reading things Disney related.

Hum I don't think I have an addictive personality, but then again I can never get enough of Disney this or that. I don't think I have an issue it's all under control for sure. Did someone say Disney!!!??? Hello now I have these bumps on my arms.....hummmm now I have this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach...I sware though I am not addicted to Disney what so ever!!!! OHHHHHHHHHHHHH GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I NEED SOME DISNEY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP:D:sohappy:

Did Knee

I think anyone on this site could pretty much be considered an addict. I on the other hand am only here to listen to other peoples problems on how they miss Disney bla bla bla. In fact, I go to the world about 12 times a year to see the poor addicts in action, it's sad. But not me, nope, no problem at all.

Now let me go back to day dreaming of disney while I listen to park music and book my room for next month! Crazy people!:p

I just want you to know how much I hate you :hammer::wave:

Did Knee

My DW and I refer to our habit as "DisneyCrack", so this thread is so apropos. I had gone to DL twice, once when I was like 4 years old (1966) and one in 1981. My family and I had gone to WDW in 1973, and I went to EPCOT only on a strange business junket in the early 90's. The wife is a veteran of numerous childhood / early 20's trips to WDW. So when she recommended visiting in 1998, I was not hooked, but familiar with the pleasure...so to speak. We began going semi-annually. The clincher was 2002...we decided to stay onsite for the first time and booked CBR for a week. BIG hit of "DisneyCrack". We then HAD to return the following year and this time we stayed a week at the WL. My signature block tells the rest of the sordid tale. Like a drug, I think you need a bigger and slightly different fix each time. The vacation at the Poly (2007) was different from our usual WL vacations and gave "the world" a fresh new look for us. We want to do Yacht club for our next trip and see what staying in the Epcot area is like. Again....getting a bigger and slightly different fix of "disneycrack". ;)

yensid67

[clears throat] Hi my name is Will and I am a Disney Freak-a-zoid! My last dose of Disney was 2 days ago! I go to bed every night within my Disney-fied bedroom...Walt looking down on me from his open office door, protecting me in a sense and sprinkling Pixie Dust over my dreams as they appear in cartoon text bubbles above my head while I sleep!
Can you imagine planning a trip for the past 11 years and not taking it each year!? That has been my case for the past 11 years! I make the plans and save some money, but almost EVERYTIME something comes up that I need the money for! :cry:
BUT...I have begun to make plans once again...this time I have my trip planned 2 years out in December 2012. This way I have time for those 'little things' to happen and still have a chance to continue with my original plans! :sohappy:
I do not anticipate anything interferring with my plans as of this post, but as long as I keep a positive attitude and look at the good things in life, nothing will go wrong, right!?:shrug:
To all you Disney Freak-a-zoids that don't have the courage to stand and be identified, you should be ashamed and drop and give me 20...$20 bucks that is! :ROFLOL:But to all you feak-a-zoids that have admitted to your addictions, I applaud you and wish you the best of luck! One last thought...Is it a bad thing to think if you don't talk about Disney, you are nothing!?:veryconfu

Have a Magical Day!

Will

WDWmazprty

This may help

picture.php

:king:

Disney05

Yup, big addiction. It's almost pathetic. My 10 year old makes fun of me. Can't help it. I'm on this and other Disney fan web sites multiple times per day. And I listen to Disney music every day. It's all I listen to in my car.
Hi, my name is Jim and I'm addicted to Disney. :wave:

Disney_Geek

"They tried to make me go to rehab, and I said, 'No, no, no!'"

xD Sorry, I couldn't resist.

:lookaroun I'm not an addict... really! I swear! *twitch* Did someone say Disney!? WHERE?! :p

Crazy4WDW1

No not me . . . nooooo. I'm just listening to my Ipod at work with park music playing, wearing Mickey jewelry, noticing my Mickey lamp on my desk as well as all my park items sitting around . . . Does the fact that we started our own religion count? We are "Disneytologist". :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom