Is Disney addictive like a drug to you?

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Okay I don't do drugs, let's make this clear. Never done cocaine, never want to. But I do know those things are extremely addictive and when you AREN'T partaking in them you are often thinking about it. So in my mind Disney is a lot like this to me. I don't know when the next time is that I will go back which makes it equally depressing but it's been 6 months since my last trip and I always assume that I'll get back to normal and forget about it but I just don't anymore.

If I am having a bad day I picture things like driving under the sign for "Walt Disney World" or "Magic Kingdom" prior to parking. I imagine riding the monorail to MK or riding Tower of Terror, or Peter Pan, or watching Spectromagic or Wishes. For some reason the Disney magic has stuck with me longer than ever before and I would do almost anything to go back there even for just one day. Who else feels that Disney is an addiction (a good one of course :animwink:) that is impossible to ignore?

wdwmomof3

I am addicted too and I may need help. I am embarrassed to say how much time a day I spend thinking about Disney. :ROFLOL: Sometimes, I think it's what gets me through each day. :lookaroun:ROFLOL:

si23

I have tried coke and it's not addictive, Disney on the other
hand is very I just think it's due to no matter what is
happening in your life you can go there and forgot about all
your worrys and have a great time

LoriMistress

Hello, I'm Lori and I'm an Disney addict. I've been an addict since I was around one. It's been three, almost four years since I was last at WDW. It's been ten months since I was last at DLR/DCA.

zurgandfriend

Not to break the tongue in cheek pattern of this thread but;
For me I wouldn’t call it an addiction, I think of it as an enjoyable experience and as a hobby. My Disney vacations have been some of my most enjoyable and memorable. I enjoy visiting and discussing WDW and I thoroughly enjoy planning WDW vacations for myself or assisting others in planning theirs.
As an engineer I am fascinated by the technology. As a former military person I appreciate the organization and admire the commitment to excellence that WDW instills in its cast members.
Some people choose to spend their recreational time and money on various other things, mine is spent on WDW. I won’t die without WDW I will however admit to the possibility of withdrawal symptoms.
DW and I also absolutely enjoy the Pixar films, what started out as taking DS to the movies has turned into one of our “Mom & Dad date nights”.

mickeysshoes

The only reason I get out of bed each day and go to work is so I can afford my next trip to Disney. And when I am having a bad day i just stop and day dream about a past trip or plan some part of the next trip. Hello Iam Mickeysshoes and I'm a WDW junkie!!! And i no one to blame but my DH!!!!!!

Kristamouse

Yup! My addiction started in 2002 and has only gotten worse! Like the OP said it the wost when I get back...I just start scheming to get the cash to go back again! We had a trip planned in late 09 but I was pregnant and we decided to push it back because I am high risk. By the time we planned our trip on 10/1 I was TWEAKING!!! Thank goddness Janelle at KK couldn't see me shaking when I called with our deposit:ROFLOL:
Why I can't be addicted to excersice or carrots???

foreverbelle

Yep...and it seems to get worse by the days/years...I just can't seem to get enough of it. But I agree with a PP, it gets me through most days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom