Is Carousel of Progress closing?

Should the Carousel of Progress close?

• Total voters

Goofyernmost

CoP was a great commercial for GE in its day. But that day is done. GE has moved on. It's a shame that WDW still keeps CoP running. Disney needs to move forward.

WDW has massive amounts of room to "move forward". Moving forward doesn't necessarily mean that we need to destroy the past. There's plenty of room for both. GE has indeed moved on and they haven't sponsored CoP for a few years now. CoP is no longer about that, it's about remembering where we came from. It's hard to know how well we have done if we don't know where we started. And most of today's, what have you done for me lately, generations do not know or appreciate what it was like. :)

TalkingHead

I'd be for closing COP if we got a top-notch blockbuster attraction out of it.

But if it's going to be replaced by something on the order of Midway Mania, Laugh Floor, or something equally uninspired, then forget it.

luv

Closing CoP would cause my heart to break a little. I do wish they'd fin it a new home with new scenes and room for more.

Goofyernmost

I'd be for closing COP if we got a top-notch blockbuster attraction out of it.

But if it's going to be replaced by something on the order of Midway Mania, Laugh Floor, or something equally uninspired, then forget it.

The best that they can do with that building is to make a Meet and Greet out of it. Let's keep CoP, losing it is just not worth it.

MKCP 1985

I suppose some folks were disappointed when the Waltons was cancelled, too. They don't fit in Tomorrowland either.

There's no reason to close it until budget is ready to put something good in its place

The Empress Lilly

You got in before I edited my comment.
Ninja'd.
ninja.gif

edit: which ninjarousals me.

donaldtoo

If u Google this or go on Facebook, you can find lots of news saying its going to close

"Where'd you here that?"
"The internet."
"And you believed it?"
"Yea, they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true."
"Where'd you here that?"
Together - "The internet."
"Oh look, here comes my date!"
"I met him on the internet. He's a French model."
*French model* date - "Uhhh...bahnjoor."
;)

Goofyernmost

Closing CoP for a good reason is bad enough, but, someone not liking it, is not a good reason. Just go to a different one. Talk Disney into building new attractions, not destroy old ones. Use all that, supposed, imagination to re-purpose it, not redesign it or destruct it. If they can't do that then they should turn in their imagineer badges.

donaldtoo

WHAAA? seriously. Even the potential and rumors of this happening make me sad. We just finally discovered and fell in love with this attraction on our last trip at the end of May. It was so stinkin' hot out that we went on it at least a couple times every day we were in the MK, entertaining for its nostalgia and the connection to Walt, it would be awful to lose this attraction!

Too funny! And I TOTALLY AGREE!!!
When we first took our kiddos there in July of '01, we were in TL and had been in MK all day and were sweatin' like pigs (which we're actually used to 'cause we're from Texas ;) ). All of a sudden we saw this attraction we had never seen before, CoP, and went in. It was love at first site, and it is now tradition.
Sure, Walt was all about change and moving forward, but, Walt was all about history and nostalgia too.
Main Street USA for one example...should that be gotten rid of...?
OK, maybe the homogeneous shops and all , but that just means it should go back to the way it originally was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom