is being mickey the top job??

WDWKat26

Oh lord, yeah I actually ran into the "You dropped your smile" guy yesterday...needless to say after working parade all weekend I wasn't in the mood for any of it. But he kept going...and going...and going...

Mecha Figment

mkepcotmgmak said:
no, no, no, no! see - that's where you have to take the opportunity to MAKE it fun!

Guests would ask ALL the time to see a menu (at the Tiki Room) and I would sometimes say "we don't have a menu, it's one meal fits all" or, "we mostly serve "corn" or "our birds are great with barbque sauce", etc... play with the Guests! they really aren't dumb, they just don't know! the tiki room does appear to be a restaurant to many!

all of those questions bring great Guest interaction! you just have to have fun with it! try it! it will make your day a LOT better!

Guest: "Where are the Pirates?"
You: PIRATES!!?? WHERE!??

Guest (walking into Tiki theater): "Where is the best spot to sit?"
You: (leaning in to share your secret): Well, every spot is actually a good spot, but watch who you are sitting under, we JUST fed the birds..." then walk away.

Ask kids at the entrance of Aladdin to see their pilot's license.
Ask parents to see their's, and if they say they don't have it, tell them to make sure and let the kids fly then...

the treehouse is GREAT for Guest interaction!

one of my favorites - (to a group of Guests walking by...) "Excuse me ma'am, you dropped your smile" (while pointing to the ground behind them. Usually they will turn around and look for something they've dropped, until their group tells them what's really going on, and laughs WITH them... haha.

Just make the most out of your role! It's all what you put into it!

also - about hearing the show 4 times during rotation - make a game! we used to take a red feather and hide it somewhere within viewing distance from where you sit, and the next CM would try to find it, or start not listening to the show, and memorize all of the non-talking birds songs... haha. that makes no sense, but in my head, it does.:wave:

you did that to me about a month ago when i was walking to frontier land while spectro was going on.

c133125

WDWKat26 said:
Oh lord, yeah I actually ran into the "You dropped your smile" guy yesterday...needless to say after working parade all weekend I wasn't in the mood for any of it. But he kept going...and going...and going...

...yes you have met Paul.... congrats!

WDWKat26

Mecha Figment said:
you did that to me about a month ago when i was walking to frontier land while spectro was going on.

Uh, no he didn't. Josh is in Texas, you're thinking of the other guy from Adventureland...

mkepcotmgmak

Mecha Figment said:

nope... wasn't me. maybe i just started it. i'm back in texas (for the time being).
from what it sounds like, this paul guy needs some magic of his own... haha.

Used2BePluto

Micket the top job... NNNAHHHHH

I am too tired to read all the pages of messages related to this thread right now, but will later today.

As a former Zoo Crew member, and a very good friend of Pluto's, a person's height is pretty much the sole determining factor for which costume their get to wear. One of my first costumes was for a orange and white tiger. He is meant for people over 6' tall, I am 5'8". Thank gosh it was a parade role, up high on a float, playing the drums, because his knees were pretty much at my ankles. Being brand new, I went with what I was told. Never got to wear him again.

I sincerely hope this did not offend anyone's concept of humans inside the costumes, and I have been very light weight in my thoughts right now because I am trying to do three things at once while typing this out.

Mark

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Used2BePluto said:
I am too tired to read all the pages of messages related to this thread right now, but will later today.

As a former Zoo Crew member, and a very good friend of Pluto's, a person's height is pretty much the sole determining factor for which costume their get to wear. One of my first costumes was for a orange and white tiger. He is meant for people over 6' tall, I am 5'8". Thank gosh it was a parade role, up high on a float, playing the drums, because his knees were pretty much at my ankles. Being brand new, I went with what I was told. Never got to wear him again.

I sincerely hope this did not offend anyone's concept of humans inside the costumes, and I have been very light weight in my thoughts right now because I am trying to do three things at once while typing this out.

Mark
I remember seeing pics of the jumbotiggers... WDW ended up redoing most of the height ranges in the late 90's and a few of them in the past 2 years due to staffing issues and constant performer injuries *cough*POOH*cough*

Used2BePluto

Mickey the top job, nnnahhhhh

When I was a honey loving bear I always thought it was odd that with the honey pot on his head, Pooh was as tall as Tigger. I forget when the changed the costumes to be more "doll like" but looks like it works alot better. Same thing goes for the mongaloidal 3 little pigs. Sure the 5'8" people lost some character work, but really, the 3 little pigs, I sincerely doubt anyone shed a tear over that decision.

Mark

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
My turkey club w/ extra bacon tasted a little like Fifer today

:lookaroun :lol:

joanna71985

Well, if I could do any one Disney show, it would be Frontierland Hoedown. I am friends with a lot of the dancers. In fact, on my last trip I was a 5 for 5 in Hoedowns (4 of which were with my friend and usual dancing partner).

phillipsa9

c133125 said:
...yes you have met Paul.... congrats!

what is this "dropped your smile thing" ? It sounds like something along the lines of something a cp i met a few times may have said. HIS NAME WAS PAUL. i realize that the odds of this being the same guy are slim but if it were it would make my day.... does your paul also "know where you got your shoes"?

WDWKat26

Wow, talk about bumping an old thread. I only met this guy once and he drove my friends and I nuts...he works in Adventureland.

c133125

HAHAHAHA yes that is Paul. He knows where you got your shoes, where your shoes are located, and that there is a hole in your sock.
However I hear that he is no longer allowed to say those things...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom