is being mickey the top job??

Dragonrider1227

I wouldn't want to be Mickey. Can you imagine the responsiblity and professionalism you would need to be him? The moment you put on that costume and walk out, for the next 10-15 minutes, you are GOD! That's a pretty heavy burden.

Fordlover

the CM that was playing mickey while I was there was LITTLE, I was easily a full foot taller. The person was probably 4'10" or something

SpenceMan01

I have to admit that this thread is a much needed breath of fresh air! Its good to be discussing the characters without talking about "friends". I just feel like my intelligence is being insulted when that happens.

With that said, I think that, if I was the right height, I would love to be the Mickey at Fantasmic. Either the one at the very beginning (I love to do the dance), or Sorcerer Mickey at the top of the mountain during the finale.

dazzer68

Original Poster
thanks everyone... i was just wondering if it was a coverted job or one that might be dreaded...i think it would be both for me if i was there.... ps are they trained to act the way they do?

Dragonrider1227

SpenceMan01 said:
I have to admit that this thread is a much needed breath of fresh air! Its good to be discussing the characters without talking about "friends". I just feel like my intelligence is being insulted when that happens.

With that said, I think that, if I was the right height, I would love to be the Mickey at Fantasmic. Either the one at the very beginning (I love to do the dance), or Sorcerer Mickey at the top of the mountain during the finale.
maaan you couldn't PAY me enough to be on that mountain with all those fire works around me. :lookaroun

joanna71985

I don't think I'd mind. Fantasmic is one of my favorite Disney shows, and Mickey is one of my favorite Disney characters, well put the 2 together... that'd be great!:D

mkepcotmgmak

c133125 said:
no the most wanted position is in ATT (Aladdin/Tiki/Treehouse)...

Just curious as to why you say this? I worked ATT and LOVED IT! A lot of CMs I worked with LIKED it - but i L O V E D it! I wanted Jungle Cruise or Haunted Mansion really bad, and when I found out I got ATT I was a little bummed, but there was SO MUCH "acting" to do there, and a TON of Guest contact!!!

Then I switched to Entertainment, and LOVED it too!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
joanna71985 said:
I think they can go down to about 4'10 or around there. Mickey is VERY short.
4'8" Actually. He's one of the few characters with a height range longer than 2 inches

Blue0ctane

I'd always consider working as a Mission: SPACE cast member when I get old enough to.

Of course, considering that it still exists then.

WDWKat26

*Sighs* I'd also pay to be Mickey in Fantasmic...that would just be so amazing to me!

Unfortunately, i'm 6 inches too tall...hehe :)

But, I love what I do now in Entertainment...just b/c i'm not friends with "The Big Cheese" doesn't mean that I don't like being friends with "The Big Dog"...and i'm not talking about Goofy. Hehe :)

Oh yeah, for those people who think Mickey is short...Stitch is actually Shorter! So is Dopey and Jiminy Cricket ;)

I remember one CM telling my mom and I once, whose daughter was Mickey at the end of Fantasmic! on the top of the mountain and how she had to wear a bullet proof vest. While i thought that was cool that her daughter was Mickey, but it still scares the crap out of me whenever I see Mickey up there.

WDWKat26

danzingcutie12 said:
I remember one CM telling my mom and I once, whose daughter was Mickey at the end of Fantasmic! on the top of the mountain and how she had to wear a bullet proof vest. While i thought that was cool that her daughter was Mickey, but it still scares the crap out of me whenever I see Mickey up there.

LOL, a bullet proof vest? I haven't heard that...I know they have to wear a harness because when Mickey shoots up from the mountain the force is very strong. As for a bullet proof vest...i'm not so sure.

MouseCrazy

The guy I always felt sorry for is the guy in the Beast costume. all that ... hair! Being the Beast in July has got to be what they do to punish bad CM's
:hammer: :hammer:​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom