Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We all know, or should know, that if they actually cared about capacity they would have been expanding actual capacity in the parks. Building rides wouldn't have been stagnant for almost 2 decades. They would have been adding not replacing attractions.
Rides are viewed as a sunk cost…not a profit generator
You’d think the reason for blockout is higher crowds tho.
True…but they arbitrarily set those limits

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think this next round of WDI proposals to the board will have Lightning Lane revenue as part of its financials. I was discussing upcoming project costs with an Imagineer, whose literal first sentence in response was "Yeah, but that's before Lightning Lane."
Which means business is gonna continue to decline

And can’t be said any more plainly than that

natatomic

For what it’s worth, looks like Disney isn’t the only theme park experiences a slow holiday.

(I know Dollywood isn’t entirely comparable to Disney, but it’s a park that has seen huge growth and huge attendance records, too)

Attachments

• IMG_6855.jpeg
    IMG_6855.jpeg
    229.7 KB · Views: 65

JoeCamel

For what it’s worth, looks like Disney isn’t the only theme park experiences a slow holiday.

(I know Dollywood isn’t entirely comparable to Disney, but it’s a park that has seen huge growth and huge attendance records, too)
They have a heavy ad spend in the day trip area, I wonder how bookings are in the new hotel? It's priced about what the Contemporary brings but a nicer build IMO, certainly newer and location is subjective.

One of our team says that attendance is lower when the Pirate Pass is blocked out. I haven't checked that, but it's an interesting idea
My family has Pirate and we definetly would have come this weekend. The kids and I were all off today. We live 1.5-3 hours away depending on traffic and always stay on property. Disney is leaving money on the table. In years past during slow times, they would unblock passes. Nowadays with the insane amount of money they upper passes cost (really all passes) people with the upper passes would loose their minds if Disney unblocked lower passes or changed availability. Summer is going to be dead. Great for us, not so great for Disney.

lentesta

Premium Member
MK was had super low attendance today. We were able to get a quick queue for Tron at 7pm and most of the rides were walk one from about 5pm on.

Magic Kingdom was a crowd level '1' (out of 10, 10=highest) on Memorial Day. I think that's unprecedented.
  • EPCOT = 8 / 10
  • DHS = 4
  • DAK = 5
  • Disneyland = 8
  • DCA = 9
  • Universal Studios Florida = 9
  • IOA = 5

Lilofan

Magic Kingdom was a crowd level '1' (out of 10, 10=highest) on Memorial Day. I think that's unprecedented.
  • EPCOT = 8 / 10
  • DHS = 4
  • DAK = 5
  • Disneyland = 8
  • DCA = 9
  • Universal Studios Florida = 9
  • IOA = 5
Saw on CPs posting on other sites that MK cast were getting released early from scheduled shifts during the day. Save on payroll and less earnings for college program cast.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

There have been a lot of storms in the area the past few days and it was raining and storming early that morning there (before park opening however) which could have played a role in attendance there

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom