Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Disone

But when did people book those 2023 rooms? Was my point. The lead time is typically 12-18 months. Not all of them…but the bulk. So by 2022 they would have known attendance would be on the decline for 2023…

And it was. By their own admission in quarterlies.

And did you just compare Disney hotels to the rest of the country?

That’s not the standard. Those rooms must be occupied to feed their own internal profit engine. That’s why a dip is catastrophic
I did compare and while I understand at that may not be your standard but it's certainly is reasonable to compare occupancy rate of a Disney hotel versus a non-disney hotel. The point is while they may be less then they want, they are still doing just fine

erasure fan1

Too many first hand reports of long waits advertised while reality is reasonable waits. In the past we wrote it off to poor systems but now there is a cost/profit motive that wasn't there in the past.
Yup. I witnessed it last summer. Once or twice? Ok, coincidence. But most of the rides being 20+ min shorter, some greater, than posted wait? Call me a conspiracy theorist but I don't think it's at all coincidental. A 35min wait looks a whole lot better than an hour wait. My sister had a similar experience.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have visited during every single month, including more than a couple of trips in July.
…but you are out of rookie school 🥸
Yup. I witnessed it last summer. Once or twice? Ok, coincidence. But most of the rides being 20+ min shorter, some greater, than posted wait? Call me a conspiracy theorist but I don't think it's at all coincidental. A 35min wait looks a whole lot better than an hour wait. My sister had a similar experience.
Have to say that is lining up this weekend. It’s a moderately busy crowd…but I’d say lower end

Not giving off a holiday weekend vibe

Disstevefan1

I mean, I study these lines for a living. My default assumption is that they're wrong because there's no revenue for Disney to gain by increasing the accuracy of posted wait times.

I don't think the reason is "Guests are happy when a posted wait of X ends up being Y."

That policy prevents guests from exercising their own judgement to decide the best use of their time. It's an incredibly patronizing example of "we know what's best for you so don't ask questions."

Here's an example from Slinky Dog last week.

As the day drew to a close, Slinky Dog's posted wait was 70 minutes at 8:15 pm. It had been at 70 minutes for about half an hour.

Twenty-two minutes later we timed an actual wait of 13 minutes. And we got actuals of 10 and 14 in rapid succession within a few minutes of that.

It's almost impossible to get a 57-minute reduction in actual waits in just 22 minutes of clock time. I'm sure I could come up with a scenario where literally nobody got in line, wheelchairs caused an extended delay, extra trains were added to the track, etc. But that almost certainly didn't happen here, and I think we all know that.

View attachment 787542

To spell out the problem with "Posted of X ends up being Y", where Y < X, there are tons of people who would've got in a 10- to 20-minute line at Slinky, if they had been given accurate information about their wait. But they skipped riding because they didn't think it was worth 70 minutes. So they missed out on an enjoyable experience because of bad information.

Sorry for the long post. What do you think the reason is?
Len, are you saying the posted time was 70 min when the actual wait was 13 to 14 minutes?

Vegas Disney Fan

I checked DL out of curiosity and they look just as slow as WDW, makes me wish I was at the park today.

45 min for Big Thunder Mtn and 50 for Hyperspace Mtn at 1 o’clock in the afternoon on a holiday weekend is wild. It's rare to see waits times this low on Tuesdays or Wednesdays anymore.

IMG_6599.jpeg

peter11435

My opinion is mine. You think it’s wrong, that’s fine. 👍 Differing opinions are what make these boards great!

We all must remember, what ever is posted on these boards does not matter because Disney will do what they will do no matter what.
Mine is not an opinion. I’m not guessing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom