Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Andrew25

Disney+ was a dark shadow in the parks the first half of this decade, but I am convinced start Oct. 1, they'll get the parks rolling and we'll be shocked by the amount of projects in development.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Disney+ was a dark shadow in the parks the first half of this decade, but I am convinced start Oct. 1, they'll get the parks rolling and we'll be shocked by the amount of projects in development.
shocked is usually my reaction after past D23 events

I suspect things will be announced... but not all that's been rumored.... also we can't forget whatever they show and announce also typically never ends up that way due to budget cuts, etc. during the projects in some cases

I'll hope for the best, but expect less than that

Andrew25

shocked is usually my reaction after past D23 events

I suspect things will be announced... but not all that's been rumored.... also we can't forget whatever they show and announce also typically never ends up that way due to budget cuts, etc. during the projects in some cases

I'll hope for the best, but expect less than that
Oh certainly, D23 announcements, with how early Disney announces them, lead themselves to either being completely cut or changed dramatically.

While I'm not expecting to take D23 at full face value, I am excited to see that they're at least doing something instead of Blue Sky stuff now. If they pull off another blue sky session, I'll retract all of my statements.

All of the negativity towards Disney these past few years is certainly justified, but I think they've turned the corner and are headed into a much brighter era.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I can tell y'all from personal experience this week that arrendance is down. Sunday and Monday holdover and locals kept this normalish but it's been sparse since Tuesday. Wednesday Epcot was a ghost town for the early morning hours. Our GoG VQ (got BG2) experience had 5 people in the pre-show and ride. Today we did everything in Magic Kingdom ropedrop to 7 even after taking a two hour break at the Tambu lounge to ride out the squal front (thanks to Bianca and Kristy behind the bar for the Lapu lapus)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I can tell y'all from personal experience this week that arrendance is down. Sunday and Monday holdover and locals kept this normalish but it's been sparse since Tuesday. Wednesday Epcot was a ghost town for the early morning hours. Our GoG VQ (got BG2) experience had 5 people in the pre-show and ride. Today we did everything in Magic Kingdom ropedrop to 7 even after taking a two hour break at the Tambu lounge to ride out the squal front (thanks to Bianca and Kristy behind the bar for the Lapu lapus)
Obviously the oppressive heat kept people away. 😉

JoeCamel

I think all of the major population centers in North Carolina had their spring breaks a couple of weeks ago.
Could be another reason, just dropping an observation from someone who has worked in and around the industry for years and is onsite to see and report

KDM31091

We are for the most part done with the huge crowds until the Halloween parties begin. There will be spikes here and there of course and there is no truly slow time, and of course holiday weekends will be an exception but generally, it shouldn’t be crazy crazy busy anytime soon.

Kman

We have been at Coronado Springs for 9 nights(leaving tomorrow) and anecdotally I will say the parks have been very manageable. We have not purchased Genie+ at all and had no trouble getting on everything. For FoP we waited the posted 55 min time. For Rat we actually waited 10 min over the 60 min wait time. Everything else was generally 30 min or less even when the wait time was posted as longer.

Our resort was wonderfully quiet even with a three day convention going on.

Leaving O'Hana last night at seven the waiting area was not even half full. I have never seen it NOT crawling with people.

We had a great trip with very manageable crowds

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Coronado Springs is always a great place to be, but with the current number of rooms blocked out of inventory it's absolutely splendid. Glad you were able to enjoy it!
Not that you'd know, but I'd love to find out just how many rooms are currently blocked out. And how long they'll be blocked out. 🤔

As it stands, today one could book a week-long stay from November 23-30 at almost anywhere (DVC included, only Poly and FW are unavailable for the regular resorts, Riviera/BLT/BR/Poly villas for DVC). Or a week-long stay from December 21-28 basically anywhere on property except FW cabins and campsites. Everything is fine.

AEfx

Another 4 "enticements" (Florida resident, AP, and all guests room deals, plus free dining for Disney Visa cardholders), but yet they still haven't pulled the lever they need to pull if they were serious about getting people through the gates. An interesting strategy.

Yeah, I laughed at the Disney Visa mailer, because it says right up front "free dining with full price packages". Wow, what a steep deal, LOL. Depending on how many in your party, it might even be less of a "deal" than the general room discount.

They certainly aren't trying very hard.

DisneyRoy

Yeah, I laughed at the Disney Visa mailer, because it says right up front "free dining with full price packages". Wow, what a steep deal, LOL. Depending on how many in your party, it might even be less of a "deal" than the general room discount.

They certainly aren't trying very hard.
It’s definitely less of a deal that the general room discount. But a lot of people don’t care. The Facebook groups are full of people touting the savings of free dining. Disney marketing wins again. 🤦‍♂️

JD80

It’s definitely less of a deal that the general room discount. But a lot of people don’t care. The Facebook groups are full of people touting the savings of free dining. Disney marketing wins again. 🤦‍♂️

Free Dining is a bigger saver than a 20-25% discount for a 5th sleeper at a moderate for a family of 5.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom