Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

TheMaxRebo

But not a lot of current popular ip. Not when compared to Universal:
-Dr Seuss
-Spiderman
-X-Men
-Mario
-How to Train Your Dragon
-Kung Fu Panda
-Minnions

WDW, other then GotG and Mickey, are dated.

Maybe don't appeal to your kids but Toy Story and Cars are pretty recent recent - Cars shorts this year on D+ for example, Light-year was recent. More recent than How to Train your Dragon and Dr Suess

Plenty of Star Wars this/recent years too

At least my Son is more into any of that than anything you listed, but maybe we are the exception

Touchdown

HTTYD last had a movie in 2019, same as Toy Story, The Grinch is on TV every Christmas, The Cat in the Hat had a show on PBS through 2018. I keep on (successfully) forgetting of that cars show at DHS.

LittleBuford

Specifically only Peter Pan, everything else isnt.
As someone who loved princesses as a boy, I’m not a fan of dividing things into such categories, but why would you not count attractions like Thunder Mountain, Pirates, Buzz Lightyear, and Tomorrowland Speedway (among numerous others) as ones that would traditionally be seen as appealing to boys?

Ayla

Maybe don't appeal to your kids but Toy Story and Cars are pretty recent recent - Cars shorts this year on D+ for example, Light-year was recent. More recent than How to Train your Dragon and Dr Suess

Plenty of Star Wars this/recent years too

At least my Son is more into any of that than anything you listed, but maybe we are the exception
Toy Story was popular with my DS when he was a toddler...he turns 27 in a couple months.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
As someone who loved princesses as a boy, I’m not a fan of dividing things into such categories, but why would you not count attractions like Thunder Mountain, Pirates, Buzz Lightyear, and Tomorrowland Speedway (among numerous others) as ones that would traditionally be seen as appealing to boys?
I was specifically focused on Fantasyland.

JoeCamel

Sad to be known as the place you have to have help planning to visit. I just found a planner up in Tennessee that sells $10 a day planning using this tactic, seems like the scare is real, not my emphasis

"HELLO!​

Planning a Disney vacation is time-consuming, confusing, and often stressful. With our decades of knowledge and experience, we can guide the process to ensure you experience only the magic.

With so many choices of hotels, parks, restaurants, and activities, it can be overwhelming for first-timers or those in a new family situation.

When you plan your vacation with us, you can focus all of your energy on the fun, and leave the rest to us!"

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sad to be known as the place you have to have help planning to visit. I just found a planner up in Tennessee that sells $10 a day planning using this tactic, seems like the scare is real, not my emphasis

"HELLO!​

Planning a Disney vacation is time-consuming, confusing, and often stressful. With our decades of knowledge and experience, we can guide the process to ensure you experience only the magic.

With so many choices of hotels, parks, restaurants, and activities, it can be overwhelming for first-timers or those in a new family situation.

When you plan your vacation with us, you can focus all of your energy on the fun, and leave the rest to us!"

That used to be done with a guidebook and a few minutes on the phone 😎

But we all HATED Michael Eisner…’member?

Last edited:

electric

I was there from Nov 4th to the 11th. I know it was Jersey week but I havent seen it that bust in I dont know when. It was almost unbearable to be there. The posted wait times were longer than advertised thanks to Lightning Lane.

DisneyHead123

I was there from Nov 4th to the 11th. I know it was Jersey week but I havent seen it that bust in I dont know when. It was almost unbearable to be there. The posted wait times were longer than advertised thanks to Lightning Lane.
Interesting… I was there then and the crowds actually seemed better than Jersey Week 2022. We go mostly in the mornings and my son likes low-wait rides for the most part. (railroad, People Mover, etc.) so our experience may not be representative. I did note elsewhere that the lines for the Speedway and Barnstormer were getting up to 45 minutes by late morning / noonish, but Fantasyland overall didn’t have that 2022 scary claustrophobic feel to it. It seemed like lines for bigger ticket rides were high but not as bad as 2022. Thunder Mountain was around an hour at noon, Peter Pan was around an hour in the mornings (last year it was over 2 hours at rope drop, at least according to the CM at the entrance.)

One thing I’ve noticed is that I think more and more people are using crowd calendars. So there’s this weird effect where the days with the lowest predicted crowds feel packed, and vice versa. Anecdotal so maybe I’m imagining it, but I do wonder about the crowd calendar effect.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
…never go during jersey week
Interesting… I was there then and the crowds actually seemed better than Jersey Week 2022. We go mostly in the mornings and my son likes low-wait rides for the most part. (railroad, People Mover, etc.) so our experience may not be representative. I did note elsewhere that the lines for the Speedway and Barnstormer were getting up to 45 minutes by late morning / noonish, but Fantasyland overall didn’t have that 2022 scary claustrophobic feel to it. It seemed like lines for bigger ticket rides were high but not as bad as 2022. Thunder Mountain was around an hour at noon, Peter Pan was around an hour in the mornings (last year it was over 2 hours at rope drop, at least according to the CM at the entrance.)

One thing I’ve noticed is that I think more and more people are using crowd calendars. So there’s this weird effect where the days with the lowest predicted crowds feel packed, and vice versa. Anecdotal so maybe I’m imagining it, but I do wonder about the crowd calendar effect.
…never go during jersey week

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom