Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

James Alucobond

…hmmmm…you got a list of those cities? 🤪
Maybe you could list the cities you’re talking about?

In a moderately sized city, a Chipotle burrito is $9.50-$12, depending on protein, possibly more with extras. Chips, guacamole, and a drink average $8, so $17.50-$20 for a meal comparable to the following comparison.

At Satu’li, entrees plus sides range from $13.30 (cheeseburger pods) to $18 (ocean moon bowl). Add a fountain drink for $4.50. That makes $17.80-$22.50.

Quick service was pretty on point price-wise during my last visit, to the point that I am very concerned they’ll be cranking it up soon. We all know the character meals and prix fixe options are ridiculous, but they are also really easy to avoid if you don’t value what they offer.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
None at all.

Anyway, anyone who thinks that WDW dining prices are wildly high has clearly never eaten in a big city.

And if everyone who they built wdw for lived in Manhattan, DC and San Francisco…i would 100% agree with you.

I’m not even sure the prices are THAT bad right now? but they may “fix that”…it went nuts before the plague and the restaurants emptied out.

So that’s something to keep an eye on 👀

Last edited:

JusticeDisney

And if everyone who they built wdw for lived in Manhattan, DC and San Francisco…it would 100% agree with you.

I’m not even sure the prices are THAT bad right now? but they may “fix that”…it went nuts before the plague and the restaurants emptied out.

So that’s something to keep an eye on 👀
It’s not just about where people live. Vacations in cities like the ones I mentioned happen all the time. My only point is WDW dining prices, while certainly high, are on par with so many other places. Some people here act like WDW is the only place on earth with pricey dining.

Splash4eva

And a lot of that goes into other factors, I went to a local beach this summer called point pleasant nj. Ordered a plain large pizza (16 inch) pie. Cost $32.00 bucks. 🤪 under normal circumstances would I do that?? Heck no but we weren't packing up our stuff, walking somewhere else and then coming back. So we accept the cost of going to the shore, no to mention having to buy beach tags just to sit on the beach
I hope you went to the Tiki Bar ;)

TheMaxRebo

There are definitely dining related things Disney does that annoy me (the "Disney Adults at 10 thing, especially when alcohol is included in the price would be #1) but there are also plenty of options that aren't crazy and plenty of ways to save some $ on food

To me the price increase on tickets (especially how the person day price doesn't drop much until like day 7 now) and loss on onsite perks I think is way more of a deterrent to pick Disney vs other vacation options

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There are definitely dining related things Disney does that annoy me (the "Disney Adults at 10 thing, especially when alcohol is included in the price would be #1) but there are also plenty of options that aren't crazy and plenty of ways to save some $ on food

To me the price increase on tickets (especially how the person day price doesn't drop much until like day 7 now) and loss on onsite perks I think is way more of a deterrent to pick Disney vs other vacation options
It’s a little mix of all those things…I would imagine?

People always are “done” with these types of trips…usually they are replenished.

Seems that’s not happening now.

Poseidon Quest

I don't think the Disney prices are that high, as someone who lives in Atlanta.

The quality is the problem. I can go to restaurants that are cheaper in Atlanta and still get better food, and restaurants that are priced similarly as most Disney TS generally have much, much better food.

I'm surprised that Disney/Universal don't charge more. Within the past few years, I've been a few Six Flags parks and their prices are even higher. If I recall correctly, there were $6 sodas in vending machines and I spent $40 for two people at Johnny Rockets. The same goes for Cedar Fair parks, as I just spent $50 at the Panda Express in Knott's Berry Farm for two people, a quantity of food that's normally priced at $21 for the location down the street.

celluloid

Curiously, someone I know was shopping in a NC TJ Maxx this past week on the day they got a LARGE shipment of direct from WDW merchandise. She said there was LOTS of merch of all types, and the markdowns were pretty wild. She scooped up a bunch of stuff. That's all I know, but I thought it was an interesting tidbit to share here.

Our Local Discount Store, that is very regional(only six locations in two states that border each other) and I have suddenly seen Disney theme park both WDW and DL there, and some of it better items than Character Warehouse mall locations.

I don't know what is going on with Disney merch sales, but it is not normal

seascape

I'm surprised that Disney/Universal don't charge more. Within the past few years, I've been a few Six Flags parks and their prices are even higher. If I recall correctly, there were $6 sodas in vending machines and I spent $40 for two people at Johnny Rockets. The same goes for Cedar Fair parks, as I just spent $50 at the Panda Express in Knott's Berry Farm for two people, a quantity of food that's normally priced at $21 for the location down the street.
This past weekend I was in NYC and was charged $21.00 for a flat bread pizza that was the same size as Pinnocchios $12.79. Is WDW expensive? YES but the Hilton Midtown charged 64% more than WDW.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
This past weekend I was in NYC and was charged $21.00 for a flat bread pizza that was the same size as Pinnocchios $12.79. Is WDW expensive? YES but the Hilton Midtown charged 64% more than WDW.

Wait... a hotel in the most expensive city in the world charged more for something than WDW?

Matt Leblanc Wow GIF by NowThis

Stop the presses! Lindbergh baby! I found a direct quote on this:

"Shocking!" - No one. Ever.

Minnesota disney fan

Curiously, someone I know was shopping in a NC TJ Maxx this past week on the day they got a LARGE shipment of direct from WDW merchandise. She said there was LOTS of merch of all types, and the markdowns were pretty wild. She scooped up a bunch of stuff. That's all I know, but I thought it was an interesting tidbit to share here.
Wow! TJMax is one of my favorite stores. I always find something good there:) But I have never seen a shipment of Disney merchandise there before. What a find:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom