Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

MickeyLuv'r

None at all.

Anyway, anyone who thinks that WDW dining prices are wildly high has clearly never eaten in a big city.
Well now, WDW isn't the same as NYC in my opinion. Pricing in some the big cities get pretty crazy, but I accept the challenge! Here are a few I know:

Baltimore is still pretty reasonable. For example: Nacho Mama's -with table service- still gives a free hubcap of chips+salsa per table. Menu has $15 quesadillas, $18.50 fajitas (LARGE portions), and $3.50 soft drinks. Though if you ever go, I highly suggest the crab and shrimp quesadilla at about $25. It has generous LUMPS of premium fresh crab. and we are not talking an ordinary quesadilla. It is a huge fried flour tortilla. Most entrees also come with rice and beans to die for. On top of that, you are surrounded by velvet Elvises and a shrine to native son John Waters. Can easily walk out paying under $20 with leftovers.

DC has California Tortilla where you can get a mean burrito bowl, chips, cheese dip and a large drink for under $15 before tax - $14.88

Detroit/Dearborn Coney Island has dogs for $3-4, with complete fries, dog, drink for $7.80.

Near WDW, PDQ in Winter Garden offers a complete crispy/grilled chicken meal with fries and drink for $9.50 - $11 before tax.

One place on WDW property that offers a great value is Blaze. You can get a generous pie with unlimited toppings and drink for $16 before tax.

Meanwhile, at Universal Orlando's Breadbox you get a sandwich plus side starting at $14, Others are $15-17. The soft drink is $4= so $18-21.

New Minions Cafe meals- including sides- run $13 -$18 ( $18=half rotisserie chicken, fries, and corn on cob), or ramen bowl $19, and drink $4.75. Most meals run $15 plus the $4.75drink. It is semi-table service where you order off electronic menu, and is food delivered to your table. So cute table serve meal for about $20 before tax.

Tampa also has reasonable QS options, inlcuding at least one Sweetgreen, where you get a super high quality salad for $15. They don't offer coke products, and have limited soft drink, but a lemonade is $3.50.- so $18.50.

Now none of these include tax, which adds quite a bit, including 6.5% in the Orlando area.

JusticeDisney

Well now, WDW isn't the same as NYC in my opinion. Pricing in some the big cities get pretty crazy, but I accept the challenge! Here are a few I know:

Baltimore is still pretty reasonable. For example: Nacho Mama's -with table service- still gives a free hubcap of chips+salsa per table. Menu has $15 quesadillas, $18.50 fajitas (LARGE portions), and $3.50 soft drinks. Though if you ever go, I highly suggest the crab and shrimp quesadilla at about $25. It has generous LUMPS of premium fresh crab. and we are not talking an ordinary quesadilla. It is a huge fried flour tortilla. Most entrees also come with rice and beans to die for. On top of that, you are surrounded by velvet Elvises and a shrine to native son John Waters. Can easily walk out paying under $20 with leftovers.

DC has California Tortilla where you can get a mean burrito bowl, chips, cheese dip and a large drink for under $15 before tax - $14.88

Detroit/Dearborn Coney Island has dogs for $3-4, with complete fries, dog, drink for $7.80.

Near WDW, PDQ in Winter Garden offers a complete crispy/grilled chicken meal with fries and drink for $9.50 - $11 before tax.

One place on WDW property that offers a great value is Blaze. You can get a generous pie with unlimited toppings and drink for $16 before tax.

Meanwhile, at Universal Orlando's Breadbox you get a sandwich plus side starting at $14, Others are $15-17. The soft drink is $4= so $18-21.

New Minions Cafe meals- including sides- run $13 -$18 ( $18=half rotisserie chicken, fries, and corn on cob), or ramen bowl $19, and drink $4.75. Most meals run $15 plus the $4.75drink. It is semi-table service where you order off electronic menu, and is food delivered to your table. So cute table serve meal for about $20 before tax.

Tampa also has reasonable QS options, inlcuding at least one Sweetgreen, where you get a super high quality salad for $15. They don't offer coke products, and have limited soft drink, but a lemonade is $3.50.- so $18.50.

Now none of these include tax, which adds quite a bit, including 6.5% in the Orlando area.
Great work! But what was your point?

Disneyhead'71

I know it's "Late In The Evening", but...

Screenshot-20231024-205301-Disney-World.jpg

I hope the trend holds, I'll be there Thursday.

Last edited:

RoadiJeff

I know it's "Late In The Evening", but...

Screenshot-20231024-205301-Disney-World.jpg

I hope the trend holds, I'll be there Thursday.
I'm hoping for low crowds like that for all next week when I'll be there. Things weren't too bad when I was there near the end of September but there was room for improvement. I used Genie+ each day, which made some of the longer lines a bit better.

MickeyLuv'r

Great work! But what was your point?
To counter the statement I quoted, "Anyway, anyone who thinks that WDW dining prices are wildly high has clearly never eaten in a big city."

I have eaten in many big cities. It is easy to find inexpensive places to eat in big cities. It just takes a few minutes.

I included several Orlando area options so as to put WDW options in perspective relative to other area options.

Trauma

I dare to dip my toe into the great food cost debate.

I live in a “big city”.

I always felt quick service (except for when Wolfgang Puck Express was around ) to be overpriced for the quality.

The sit down pricing to me always seemed reasonable based on quality and level of service.

The problem is the quality and level of service have declined.

In fairness this seems to be greater than a Disney problem. Even at the fine restaurants I dine at in my area something has decreased either food quality service or both.

If I was Disney I would look at this as an opportunity to Improve dining and show the guests they are a leader and world class destination.

Unfortunately Disney no longer cares to be the leader in anything accept maximizing revenue for the same or in many cases worse product.

Lilofan

I dare to dip my toe into the great food cost debate.

I live in a “big city”.

I always felt quick service (except for when Wolfgang Puck Express was around ) to be overpriced for the quality.

The sit down pricing to me always seemed reasonable based on quality and level of service.

The problem is the quality and level of service have declined.

In fairness this seems to be greater than a Disney problem. Even at the fine restaurants I dine at in my area something has decreased either food quality service or both.

If I was Disney I would look at this as an opportunity to Improve dining and show the guests they are a leader and world class destination.

Unfortunately Disney no longer cares to be the leader in anything accept maximizing revenue for the same or in many cases worse product.
Big city life has its upside like cheap eats, ask the locals or the taxi drivers. Cheap eats at WDW doesn't exist.

JD80

To counter the statement I quoted, "Anyway, anyone who thinks that WDW dining prices are wildly high has clearly never eaten in a big city."

I have eaten in many big cities. It is easy to find inexpensive places to eat in big cities. It just takes a few minutes.

I included several Orlando area options so as to put WDW options in perspective relative to other area options.

You can always find something cheaper if cheaper is your goal. You've got everything from gas station hotdogs, to getting groceries delivered to food booths, quick service and sit down meals.

MickeyLuv'r

You can always find something cheaper if cheaper is your goal. You've got everything from gas station hotdogs, to getting groceries delivered to food booths, quick service and sit down meals.
Ah, so you are trying to say you have "clearly never eaten in a big city."

Lilofan

A cheap eat in Orlando and Kissimmee in quantity not necessarily quality but the numerous all u can eat buffets, breakfast lunch and dinner ( I - Drive , Hwy 192, etc )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom