Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Drdcm

I know people absolutely cr*p on Value resorts but how much money are people saving by staying off property? Im genuinely curious. After either paying for an uber or parking fees if renting a car (not sure if hotels offer free shuttles) add in resort fees im guessing they charge for off site and then the time factor it now takes to get to the parks by staying off property.
Honestly it depends. I don’t mind the value resorts. To me, they’re a better deal than the deluxe resorts. I’m either a Hampton in or four seasons kind of person, never really wanted or liked the in-between options.

For November when I booked, I got a discount that made it worthwhile on site. Off site, I can use points and free reward nights at the Disney springs options. If I want some ring really nice and luxurious, there are options that are way cheaper and nicer than the deluxe resorts, so we tend to gravitate towards them instead. I’d say it’s about 50/50 for us if we stay on Disney property. It is a big change because prior to 2018 we basically always stayed on property.

po1998

It’s the tickets that nail you. There is very little incentive now for multi day tickets. A 7 day base ticket was about $225, it became heavily discounted as you added days. Now that same ticket is around $800 depending on the day. That’s before adding on park hopper.

Everyone keeps saying it’s inflation, but I have yet to find anything that scales with inflation show almost 400% increase in cost. It looms like they’re trying to correct this by offering steeper discounts on 4 day tickets during certain promotions.
Absolutely crazy. SMH. 😞

JD80

I've posted this a few times, but I'll post it again because some people don't realize this.

1695569259947.png

First two blocks of 2023 and 2019 show the average cost of a single ticket in that year, all price are adjusted for inflation with a factor of 1.19. Going across each block will show you the cost of a single ticket based on how many you buy, the savings per ticket you receive by buying more, the total cost for a single person and then the total cost for a family of 4.

For example, for a 6 day ticket, in 2023 each ticket cost $116, you saved $16 per ticket based on quantity (from 5 to 6), for a total cost of $696 for you.

Compared to 2019 that cost per tick was $83 for a total of $500.

Reading the last block of 2023 vs 2019, that same trip cost you an extra $196 adjusted for inflation. In the space of four years, you 6 day trip got $200 more expensive per person for no real reason other than a price increase.

seabreezept813

I find it amazing for so many people here that claim they travel a lot don't notice how more expensive things are.

Are Disney hotels over priced? 100%. I just don't think they are as dramatically overpriced as people think. I've stayed at Hilton Garden Inns or Hampton Inns in the middle of no where Arkansas or Michigan and they are close to $200 a night.

A hotel at the most visited theme park in the world? Of course they are going to be more expensive. I just don't think they aggressively so.
It’s the tickets that make the trip so expensive!

Thepuma

I know people absolutely cr*p on Value resorts but how much money are people saving by staying off property? Im genuinely curious. After either paying for an uber or parking fees if renting a car (not sure if hotels offer free shuttles) add in resort fees im guessing they charge for off site and then the time factor it now takes to get to the parks by staying off property.
We stayed off property and we got breakfast included, evening food included, parking included, regular buses to the parks included, alcoholic drink included.....saved a fortune over the Disney budget resorts and got a hotel room way way better than the motel style budget Disneys.

Thepuma

For as busy as everyone thinks Disney is still attended, wow. Universal ok the weekends in this slow time of year, before HHN even gets to October is a different world.
ET was at a 45 minute wait today and Revenge of The Mummy 75. Hours before HHN.

On our recent trip Universal was busier than we have ever known it - have no idea why, but the number of people in these parks certainly not coming down, if anything they are all getting busier.

Thepuma

Disillusioned Disney Fans: Attendance at WDW is down because of angering reasons and shows Disney is failing. That's why everyone's going to Universal instead.

Also Disillusioned Disney Fans: Universal is too crowded!!
Except Disney attendance isn't down. Both Disney and Universal are busy parks.

LSLS

One thing I've noticed that's peculiar, is that while the ride lines and parade routes are still choked full of people, you can get either day of or standby table service reservations to almost any location in any park or resort.
Same with hotel stays. Which means either A.) They are not running anything close to capacity which is keeping lines longer than they should be, B.) The constant eliminations of perks and quality have finally caught up to them and people aren't going to pay those exorbitant prices for the lack of stuff, or C.) Equal parts of both.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom