Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I would like to get it, but there isn't a whole lot being offered here to get. Mostly just a lot of wishful thinking from people who want to be justified in their dissatisfaction. But here we are and Iger is still in charge and nothing ever changes.

Like what?
You think as a multi contract dvc member and ap holder for many many years I wish things bad on Disney? 🤦🏼‍♂️

Figments Friend

Here on Property now.
Had dinner over at Boma tonight with Disney friends who live locally.
Booked us a prime slot, 5:20pm.
Place was empty.

I have never seen it THIS empty before, and I have visited this restaurant for dinner in the past a few times.
Tonight was terrific….but I definitely noticed the lack of people.
And the lack of their famous peanut butter pilaf.
Coconut rice was excellent, however….as was of course the mini Zebra Domes.

One of my Disney CM friends was telling me again how they are not getting any hours.
Part Timers are getting next to nothing in hours…it’s really bad, according to their expereince.
They had to take on another job because they are lucky to get one shift from Disney a week.
Wow…..I knew things had been cut back, but…wow…..

Sucks to be a PT CM right now.
No hours, and there is currently a hiring freeze since Cast over at the Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser are being moved to other areas once the final cruise is over at the end of this month.

-

Splash4eva

Yep. A scaled-down "Free Dining" promo for the holidays - with only a brief blackout in early December and the week between Christmas and New Years - is an incredible concession.

Things are not good. Despite Iger's hollow reassurances.
Thanksgiving week seems to be part of the blockout just checked thats when ill be there.

Splash4eva

Correct, I was focusing on Christmas season.

However, the week of Thanksgiving there are TWENTY FIVE resort hotels with availability.... and at least some have seen a quiet reduction in rack rate for that M-Th.
Yes i have gone this time of year for close to 12 years now and by far this is the softest of bookings ive seen along with 2 discounts ive already been able to apply towards my reservations.

Tha Realest

Correct, I was focusing on Christmas season.

However, the week of Thanksgiving there are TWENTY FIVE resort hotels with availability.... and at least some have seen a quiet reduction in rack rate for that M-Th.
Hush. CFO @el_super has spoken and there’s nothing to worry about. The new dining gift card promotion is a way to give back because the parks are so flush with cash right now.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Unfortunately the new promo has no availability in a one-bedroom villa for the dates we are going so we can’t take advantage of it. I think the 30% off we are getting is a better deal anyways.

Disstevefan1

Bob is great
Bob is good
Let us thank him for our food (dining gift cards because he’s just so generous to park guests)
PopeIgerMoney.jpg

Disstevefan1

Here on Property now.
Place was empty.

I have never seen it THIS empty before, and I have visited this restaurant for dinner in the past a few times.

One of my Disney CM friends was telling me again how they are not getting any hours.
Part Timers are getting next to nothing in hours…it’s really bad, according to their expereince.
They had to take on another job because they are lucky to get one shift from Disney a week.

No hours, and there is currently a hiring freeze since Cast over at the Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser are being moved to other areas once the final cruise is over at the end of this month.

-
I can imagine it was great to experience a less than mobbed Boma. I have fond memories of the Coconut curry soup! Mmmm.

Enjoy this while it lasts! I wonder if WDW will start to close Boma's on some days of the week to save costs and so the place is full on the days its open?

JD80

Unfortunately the new promo has no availability in a one-bedroom villa for the dates we are going so we can’t take advantage of it. I think the 30% off we are getting is a better deal anyways.

I'd have to guess this deal isn't as good as a rack rate discount. Rack rate discount is money in your bank. This promo is money in Disney’s bank.

Break even point is around $650 a night for deluxes where both promos are equal as far as cash value. Assuming 30% discount.

On mods, you're looking at 400 a night at your break even point and a 30% discount. But mods are often 20% rack rate and that drives up the break even to a rack rate of 600 which makes this deal for mods kind of bad.

el_super

It would be just as weird as someone who always suggests everything is doing amazing when things are actually falling apart.

If only there were a way to find the truth. Maybe the established financial reporting requirements? The independent analysis? Where can we go to find the objective truth that isn't just anonymous people on an internet message board claiming it must be true?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
If only there were a way to find the truth. Maybe the established financial reporting requirements? The independent analysis? Where can we go to find the objective truth that isn't just anonymous people on an internet message board claiming it must be true?
the parks are less crowded, hotel bookings are way down, dvc resale postings are higher than ever, some Disney CMs aren’t getting the hours they once did, promotions upon more promotions, etc etc etc etc do you really think this is a good trend and Bobby is celebrating this success

Thepuma

Here on Property now.
Place was empty.

-
This may be a 'Disney scaling down and cost cutting' rather than footfall in the parks being significantly down.

I've been in Orlando since last Thursday and ita been some of the busiest I've ever seen the parks. That includes all Disney and Universal Parks.

Sea World was a disgrace..the park was totally empty yet the wait times were longer than I've ever seen in my life...they were purposefully taking 10/15 minutes to load carts just to raise up wait times to get people to purchase QuickQueue. I thought the park was closed when I got there as I never saw a rollercoaster going round for 10 minutes. I'll never go there again after that stunt.

But I haven't seen any evidence of the Disney Parks being quieter at all...quite the opposite so far.

Thepuma

We are 6 days into our 3 week Orlando trip and so far, its pretty much the busiest I've ever seen it. Mission Space was a 15 minute wait yesterday - in all the years I've been going to Epcot I don't ever remember it being anything other than a walk on. Most other waits were the same as normal.

Maybe things will quieten down now we are well into September.

But so far, we haven't seen any evidence that Disney crowds are less than the norm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom