Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They could empty the C-Suites today. Flush everyone out in an executive role and it wouldn't change a thing because the rot is company wide. It is going to take years change course. The only hope is that an Apple would come in and just throw money at the problem until it becomes so unwieldy that it has to be burnt down and rebuilt.
Who hosed your Cheerios today? 🤪

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Who hosed your Cheerios today? 🤪
Drunk That 70S Show GIF by Peacock

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Apple worth $1T can buy Disney worth $130B , without even blinking but I don't think not at this time .
I think apple is looking at the streaming/content/delivery conundrum and isn’t close to being convinced that theres a future/money to be made there? So you wouldn’t buy Disney if there’s no path.

The only functioning example to analyze is Netflix. Their numbers are actually real…and still not great.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I think apple is looking at the streaming/content/delivery conundrum and isn’t close to being convinced that theres a future/money to be made there? So you wouldn’t buy Disney if there’s no path.

The only functioning example to analyze is Netflix. Their numbers are actually real…and still not great.
The answer to movie distribution is simple lol
1687967756557.png

Animaniac93-98

I know this might come across bad, but I'm thrilled to see a potential downturn in attendance and hope it's long term. I'm not hoping for the demise of WDW. I'm hoping for a wake-up call at the top. I'm hoping someone really important (whoever that needs to be) realizes that they need to stop gouging consumers who've been loyal for decades, and start bringing back value in the form of more and better offerings (rides, shows, food), better maintenance, stop nickle and diming, yada, yada, yada. This would be a fantastic development for us diehards.

As much as I would like a similar "wake-up call", the problem at this point is that those in charge are so out of touch and so self serving that they would much more likely continue to stay course (more price hikes and cuts to save face in the short term) or abandon ship altogether than check their egos, admit they were wrong and actually risk trying something meaningfully different.

I know this is a very cynical take, but Disney management hasn't given me much reason to believe otherwise.

Pepper's Ghost

This resort is a happy place for my wife and I. Extremely relaxing, great food, lovely rooms and outdoor areas.
Preach brother! My ex and I felt the same way, but as Disney started to fall apart (in our eyes) since the late 00s, our marriage did too. I blame it on Iger. 🤣 We actually get along much better now than we did towards the end there.
The management really screwed up…they rode a train of financial excess for over 10 years and forget that it’s possible the train was gonna run out of track.
Actually it was guaranteed.
I remember going back 6 or 7 years being one of the few to complain about the state of the parks, and failing decisions. Those of us who did where accused of being trolls and haters. We weren't. We loved WDW as much as anyone, but were honest with ourselves and others about how they weren't perfect and making bad decisions.

I get accused occasionally of cutting to the bone (just yesterday in fact) by friends, but most of them like that about me. They know if they need a real opinion on something, I'll give it to 'em. I don't just say "you're super short haircut looks beautiful, honey." I'm the guy that says "what the [fudge] did you do to your hair???" 🤣 That gets me in trouble sometimes.
Lol…my autocorrect changing “cruise ships” to “crisis shops” might be the dumbest one yet

What the Duck? 🦆
Isn't "crisis shops" a more apt description?

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Preach brother! My ex and I felt the same way, but as Disney started to fall apart (in our eyes) since the late 00s, our marriage did too. I blame it on Iger. 🤣 We actually get along much better now than we did towards the end there.

I remember going back 6 or 7 years being one of the few to complain about the state of the parks, and failing decisions. Those of us who did where accused of being trolls and haters. We weren't. We loved WDW as much as anyone, but were honest with ourselves and others about how they weren't perfect and making bad decisions.

I get accused occasionally of cutting to the bone (just yesterday in fact) by friends, but most of them like that about me. They know if they need a real opinion on something, I'll give it 'em. I don't just say "you're super short haircut looks beautiful, honey." I'm the guy that says "what the [fudge] did you do to your hair???" 🤣 That gets me in trouble sometimes.

Isn't "crisis shops" a more apt description?
That’s it…the voting’s
Closed

Post of year

The hair part alone

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom