Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

seabreezept813

1. Daycare Viruses
2. Desantis
3. Disney political Stances
4. Recession
5. High prices
6. Confusing vacation planning
7. Low DVC sales
8. Annual Pass to high
9. Won’t visit Florida
10. People don’t care about Tron
11. Genie+ is a rip off

Anyone care to add to the list?
Halloween parties in the summer. I’ve seriously considered cancelling our trip because I don’t think we should be kicked out of Magic Kingdom at 6pm in mid August.

MAGICFLOP

Disney has been getting to be a an expensive hassle.
1. line up to pay for parking. (LOL your in line before you get out of your car)
2. park and line up for the tram.
3. get off the tram and line up for monorail
4. get off monorail and line up for security
5. Line up at the turnstiles.
6. Hope you made reservation for the park...
7. hope you made fast passes
8. hope you made dinner reservations
9. stand in line for misc... Bathroom, snacks, characters and rides
10. line up for monorail to ttp
11. line up for tram to car.

if all sounds like a fun way to blow couple of hundred bucks a person

TDLFan

I add that with no new attractions for the remainder of the year, (Moana's tree farm isn't going to sell vacation packages and Tron being met with Meh), announcements of 2024 not having park reservations, the return of the dining plan, Tiana, and whatever else comes to fruition next year, like the return of a night parade, it's very clear why people would sit the rest of the year out and wait on 2024.

Jrb1979

I add that with no new attractions for the remainder of the year, (Moana's tree farm isn't going to sell vacation packages and Tron being met with Meh), announcements of 2024 not having park reservations, the return of the dining plan, Tiana, and whatever else comes to fruition next year, like the return of a night parade, it's very clear why people would sit the rest of the year out and wait on 2024.
Even 2024: I don't see it being much different. It's not like they brought back advanced Genie+ booking and the dining plan to make guests happy.

5thGenTexan

It’s not just the parks that are dead. Resorts are empty. Restaurants are empty. It’s bizarre how dead it is today.
We are going the first time in 2 weeks in a long time. I did all the "planning things" with the anticipation there would not be availability later.

Yesterday I was just browsing and 2 weeks out from our trip we can still get the resort we want for any type of room, and most resorts seem to be that way.

As far as I can tell, park availability has been of no concern. Its been green for all parks as long as I have been looking.

There were plenty of reservations for sit down restaurants for 2 weeks from now, even the ones everyone said you had to be there when your reservation window opened.

I have been keeping an eye on ride wait times and they don't seem that unbearable.

EPCOT-O.G.

It’s for those reasons we’re using a comp ticket this summer. It’s good for the next few years but with nothing new on the horizon I don’t see the parks being in better condition a year or two from now. Plus, they’ve never been to DAK and figure they’re about to reduce capacity with some upcoming refurbs later this year.

TDLFan

Even 2024: I don't see it being much different. It's not like they brought back advanced Genie+ booking and the dining plan to make guests happy.
Agreed! It just feels like this year has literally nothing to entice guests to book a vacation. You are correct with 2024 not being much better, and then with Epic Universe in 2025, lord, the writing is on the wall. Yikes.

dreday3

Agreed! It just feels like this year has literally nothing to entice guests to book a vacation. You are correct with 2024 not being much better, and then with Epic Universe in 2025, lord, the writing is on the wall. Yikes.

So what's the writing on the wall?
What's going to happen?

Seriously. I can't figure out what you are all trying to predict as an end result.

TDLFan

What's going to happen?

Seriously. I can't figure out what you are all trying to predict as an end result.
For me, the writing is I don't think these next few years are looking good for Disney World attendance wise. Could he wrong, just my opinion, esp. if Universal gets this park right, Disney will have a lot of catching up to do. Hopefully they do and we all win.

Grumpy4196

Halloween parties in the summer. I’ve seriously considered cancelling our trip because I don’t think we should be kicked out of Magic Kingdom at 6pm in mid August.
Same reason we switched our October trip to June. I much prefer MK in the evening/nights and there are 5 parties scheduled the week I had booked. Sorry, but I an not paying for 1/2 day admission to MK.

scottb411

1. Daycare Viruses
2. Desantis
4. Recession
5. High prices
7. Low DVC sales
8. Annual Pass price to high
9. Won’t visit Florida
11. Genie+ is a rip off
12. No magical express
13. Summer Halloween parties
14. Nothing new worth seeing or coming soon
15. Waiting to visit Universal’s Epic Universe.

US birth rates started going down around 14 years ago and have continued that trajectory so not as many kids in the population to take to Disney:

This is going to have an impact on colleges starting around 2029 as well.

BlakeW39

1. Daycare Viruses
2. Desantis
4. Recession
5. High prices
7. Low DVC sales
8. Annual Pass price to high
9. Won’t visit Florida
11. Genie+ is a rip off
12. No magical express
13. Summer Halloween parties
14. Nothing new worth seeing or coming soon
15. Waiting to visit Universal’s Epic Universe.

I think it's far simpler. It boils down to a few basic factors:

1. WDW has become a worse product.

2. WDW has become a more expensive product.

3. People have less purchasing power due to various economic factors

4. Disney keeps pi$$ing everyone off

Jrb1979

What's going to happen?

I want to see them go back to what they excelled at. Which is highly themed dark rides. Maybe with this downturn they will get the message. IMO they fail at doing thrill rides. Leave that to Universal and SeaWorld.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom