Is attendance really down at WDW this orā€¦

prberk

Anyone know if you can add the park-hopper to the non-Florida-resident 4-day 4-park special, and if so, at what cost?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
We need folks who actually are in the parks daily to report back and tell us if they see or feel if the crowds are less and the guest experience is better.

Perhaps some numbers are down but are the queues are still packed and is it true the only way to get on an attraction is in the last hour the park is open?

The boots on the ground people I knew that were there recently said:

Walkways felt less busy/full
Wait times were down during the afternoon, and especially during the evening (they didn't get there in the morning once during their time there)
HS didn't feel full or even busy at all, but due to various ride downtime's, what was running got busier
Few lines for ordering food
Seating was readily available at quick service locations which are typically jammed

Disstevefan1

Wait times were down during the afternoon, and especially during the evening (they didn't get there in the morning once during their time there)
HS didn't feel full or even busy at all, but due to various ride downtime's, what was running got busier
Seating was readily available at quick service locations which are typically jammed
This is GREAT NEWS for the guests! I can't wait to experience it for myself!

Minnesota disney fan

I'm a baby boomer and we have never made our vacation decisions on the politics of any state or destination.
I go to the theme parks because I like them and want to return, not because of what this years politician says or does.
I think this mostly bothers those in Florida but that most visitors could care less, IMO, only so no flaming:). I go on vacation to forget the real world for a while and to have fun while there.

GimpYancIent

The suits in management have been diligently working at crowd reduction, hey!, success. Show care what you ask for.

seabreezept813

I had the inverse experienceā€¦ my last trip was rough but because my toddler spent half the time screaming I largely chalked it up to that and my attention was mostly on him. If things were amiss in the parks I probably missed it. Then all of the sudden his language improved and heā€™s able to express himself better, and we can go do fun things without all the meltdowns. He actually got excited about seeing Disney ads on YouTube and pretended to pack a suitcase and get on a plane to Disney, saying he was going to hug Mickey Mouseā€¦ it just melted my heart. But I think either way kids can be a key factor! If your child is excited about something suddenly itā€™s a whole different ballgame. We will do Day Out With Thomas soon and while itā€™s obviously not something Iā€™d enjoy at all solo, the thought of taking him definitely feels ā€œmagicalā€.
Totally! Also because my stepdaughter is older it's always been nice to have an extra set of hands for snacks, stroller folding, etc. My girls 5 and 2 have been playing airplane everyday lately too... fingers crossed we do okay at 2 years old. My kids have always been the type to be pretty great on day trips/vacations and save their less glorious moments for when we are at home. We also go in the summer even though it's much hotter, less chance they have some gross virus like they seem to have all year round at daycare.

Tha Realest

If you have half the people upset with Florida so they refuse to visit the state while the other half are upset with Disney so they refuse to visit WDW....Seems WDW is the big loser here.
Another thread is about how busy MCO is set to be this weekend.

Meanwhile, today, the Friday of Memorial Day weekend, you can walk up to any park and get in any day as far as the eye can see, and each resort has pretty open occupancy to those who happen to arrive with their suitcases unannounced.

Draw your own conclusions from that

Bocabear

for the moment.....
End of May is a traditionally quiet time with school getting ready to end...The big question will be June when schools are out.
the crazy crowding we have seen the past couple years are not typical either...So...I don't think we can draw any conclusion from this... Now when Epic Universe opens and they are completely packed to capacity and the Disney theme parks are a ghost town....that will be the time for them to worry...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom