Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Ayla

I'm so curious to see how much they raise hotel prices by when they come out next week.

Common sense says of course they will increase, but by all the indicators you guys are mentioning - wouldn't it be more prudent to not raise the prices?
Definitely something to watch. I had forgotten that 2024 prices/packages are coming out next week.

Drdcm

My question is, how does it feel in the parks right now with "attendance down"?

Does it now feel just MOBBED and not SUPER MOBBED?
I went two saturdays ago, and believe it or not, it was comfortable. Lowest crowds I’d seen since right before the hurricane a few years ago that they had to close for.

Ayla

The math here isn't obvious, so I had to use a calculator: $1 x 1.30 x 0.80 = $1.04, so you'd be up 4%.

Where:
  • $1 is the original price
  • 1.30 is the 30% raise in prices
  • 0.80 is the 20% discount (or 80% of the current price, which is the same thing)
Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My question is, how does it feel in the parks right now with "attendance down"?

Does it now feel just MOBBED and not SUPER MOBBED?
Yes…due to lack of investment to sell halloween parties and after hours

I imagine there are still some nonsensical waits when it’s slow…but much more free flow in stores/restaurants/etc.

We should take it and enjoy it…after a 3 month boycott that brings them to their knees 😎

jannerUK

This really does bode well for us going in August. With four 65+ we envisaged that we would be taking a slower pace due to their age anyhow. That meant we were resigned to maybe cutting what rides we do with long waits (splashing out on maybe odd day of Genie +) and just a Cest Le Vie attitude. Yet if the attendance is lower in the summer (Based on V.V low waits for May) it means we can go slow and potentially get on more rides as a result. It might be the perfect summer of many to go (then say last year etc) this year....fingers crossed.

scottb411

Going to AK, HS, and Epcot with the family for the first time in nine years next month in addition to MK so there will be a lot of new things for us to do. Happy about the new Florida four-day pass. My thought is that it is a combination of all the tech layoffs going on as well as Tron isn’t an attraction to make a trip around like Guardians or Star Wars: GE. Plus no night parades, placeholder fireworks at Epcot, and no Splash Mountain or RnR Coaster. Still looking forward to the trip next month! I will state that Disney tickets will still cost the same amount for us as a few years ago and for anyone purchasing LL or ILL that we plan on doing so we’ll still be above $100/day pp. Maybe that is the new Iger plan. Works for me! We probably won’t visit Disney ever again like this as a family after next month so I will like being able to skip the lines for this bucket list family trip.

Disstevefan1

Going to AK, HS, and Epcot with the family for the first time in nine years next month in addition to MK so there will be a lot of new things for us to do. Happy about the new Florida four-day pass. My thought is that it is a combination of all the tech layoffs going on as well as Tron isn’t an attraction to make a trip around like Guardians or Star Wars: GE. Plus no night parades, placeholder fireworks at Epcot, and no Splash Mountain or RnR Coaster. Still looking forward to the trip next month! I will state that Disney tickets will still cost the same amount for us as a few years ago and for anyone purchasing LL or ILL that we plan on doing so we’ll still be above $100/day pp. Maybe that is the new Iger plan. Works for me! We probably won’t visit Disney ever again like this as a family after next month so I will like being able to skip the lines for this bucket list family trip.
You are Iger's perfect customer, well maybe not for the Florida four-day pass, but for sure the splurge on G+ ILL since you won't be back like this again (or will you? ;) )

The reality is G+ and ILL is a necessity now. Have a great trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom