Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Dranth

Did they say their attendance was down this year? So far they've been suggesting it's been flat this past quarter ... no?
I believe the first two reports this year for Q2 and Q3 were flat or at least attendance wasn’t mentioned but what guidance they did give indicated softer demand going forward so I expect we will see drops for both Q4 and Q1.

Nevermore525

Reported total domestic attendance was up 1% for Q2 and flat for Q3. Whether that’s higher at DLR and less at WDW only Disney truly knows.

For 2023 according to that report WDW was up 3.6% and DLR was up 5.3%.

Also according to them UOR was down 9.3% and USH was up 15%.

el_super

I believe the first two reports this year for Q2 and Q3 were flat or at least attendance wasn’t mentioned but what guidance they did give indicated softer demand going forward so I expect we will see drops for both Q4 and Q1.

Softening demand will certainly impact revenue but not necessarily attendance. Depends on how much they lean on discounting. That said I agree that the discounting will probably be minimal and there will most likely be an impact on attendance.

LSLS

Did they say their attendance was down this year? So far they've been suggesting it's been flat this past quarter ... no?
Flat this past quarter, which was down last year, and q1 they said disney world had an attendance decrease. I don't think they mentioned disney world attendance specifically in in q2.

Laketravis

I can't remember - are these attendance numbers simply gate clicks or actual individuals? Meaning if I go to Epcot in the morning, jump over to MK in the afternoon, and finish the day at HS - am I counted once or three times for the day?

Disone

I can't remember - are these attendance numbers simply gate clicks or actual individuals? Meaning if I go to Epcot in the morning, jump over to MK in the afternoon, and finish the day at HS - am I counted once or three times for the day?
I have read before that in theory this is only the park of first admission. However as Disney does not release those numbers I'm not sure how TEA would figure that piece of the puzzle out and would be able to factor it into the numbers on their report.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom