Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Disstevefan1

yeah but their reason for bringing food into the parks is to save $.
Or they prefer not to eat the over priced garbage they serve at the parks... ;)

To get back on the subject for the mods, attendance is down at the parks for reasons. It has been confirmed.

If it still feels crowded, its due to a combination of reasons, they include:
The LL system!!!!
Not enough attractions.
Attractions not being operated at full capacity.
Attraction down time (even brand new attractions)

Lilofan

Or they prefer not to eat the over priced garbage they serve at the parks... ;)

To get back on the subject for the mods, attendance is down at the parks for reasons. It has been confirmed.

If it still feels crowded, its due to a combination of reasons, they include:
The LL system!!!!
Not enough attractions.
Attractions not being operated at full capacity.
Attraction down time (even brand new attractions)
One would hope with down time of attractions some more preventative maint, cleaning , repair can be done of attraction items during the day. If Iger in the upcoming public Wall Street conference call to discuss quarterly earnings mentions buzzwords like synergy, efficiencies , streamline , downsizing that is not pleasant language to hear.

ULPO46

THIS ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

The people (CMs) that make Disney what Disney is. Magic to wide eyed kids, special consideration to infirm and elderly and general care for fellow humans paying to be in a park were the hallmark of a remarkable experience.
Some of the culture is still in the parks and resorts but is fading fast. The chopping of Traditions, the elimination of the "extra" positions like greeters at flagship resorts and restaurants, streetmosphere and even custodial that left characters around made out of common objects all contributed to the "Disney Experience" but sadly today's management can't understand how much they contributed to adding value to the experience.
MY favorite memory comes from seeing the Tremains or Fairy Godmother meeting early morning in the corner of the castle where the path comes up from sleepy hollow. So many ways they amazed and touched kids first thing in the day and consequently set the tone for my day without even a wave of exchange.
That’s the real problem though. And it shows in every aspect of parks and resorts at every level. Universal continues poaching so many lifelong friends even though pay and benefits seem to be the exact same we get here. But the culture over there is what Disney used to be. All in all yes park attendance this summer is low across the resort from hotels, to dining establishments. It’s sad but there are so many factors and management is noticing. Ask any cast member and they will tell you their hours are being cut, less food preparation so as to limit over excessive throwing of food. Disney thought that price gouging post pandemic with little to no change offered was a massive problem. Upper management is using the excuse that people are saving for when Epic Universe opens as to why they aren’t visiting this year and honestly I do think it will get worst come next year. I doubt it will affect attendance in the long run because Disney is still Disney and is far more a status symbol of American capitalism than Universal ever will be. But short term we are in a downturn with Party nights starting in just a few weeks only time will tell if the parks and resorts start to pick up attendance numbers.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
On the subject of dining and strikes - Sometimes you don't need to give them another chance because they don't deserve it. Case in point - Chef Mickey's. Until they bring the parmesan mashed potatoes back, there is zero chance we will even consider eating there.

TrainsOfDisney

less food preparation so as to limit over excessive throwing of food.
I have noticed the food lines move much slower - I believe many food service lines that used to be staffed with 2 sets of CM’s prepping food are now down at 1. You can see it inside the window - there used to be CM’s on either side preparing plates and trays, now it’s just 1.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I have gone to Jiko every year since 2004, outside of I believe 2 missed years 2020-2021 and only one time was it a disappointment as the manager had changed. However, word got out swiftly that things were not as they once were and things went back to exceptional. Still think they are missing some of the fantastic server staff they once had, and that carries over to other areas of the parts, especially I would say EPCOT where it still seems that the closure during covid and loss of "cultural representatives" has not truly rebounded and we still see rando generic epcot fill in cast. Very obvious in Italy.

Jiko was hands down one of the top 2 meals we've had in WDW - Cali Grill pre-covid was the other one.

On the subject of dining and strikes - Sometimes you don't need to give them another chance because they don't deserve it. Case in point - Chef Mickey's. Until they bring the parmesan mashed potatoes back, there is zero chance we will even consider eating there.

I was surprised at how "not bad" Chef Mickey's was when we ate there with the kids last year. I was expecting it to be a lot worse, but as someone who keeps a pretty low-carb diet for health reasons, the buffets have a massive amount of vegetable and meat options that I can really get my fill on - other park food is a struggle for me because I have T2 diabetes and so far have managed to keep off medications and I manage just with diet/exercise, so sometimes those buffet's are a lifesaver.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Jiko was hands down one of the top 2 meals we've had in WDW - Cali Grill pre-covid was the other one.

I was surprised at how "not bad" Chef Mickey's was when we ate there with the kids last year. I was expecting it to be a lot worse, but as someone who keeps a pretty low-carb diet for health reasons, the buffets have a massive amount of vegetable and meat options that I can really get my fill on - other park food is a struggle for me because I have T2 diabetes and so far have managed to keep off medications and I manage just with diet/exercise, so sometimes those buffet's are a lifesaver.
The pork loin at Chef Mickey's, back in the day, was delicious, as was their prime rib. We found their meat quality to be dropping off a decade ago (more fat and gristle), and the removal of the parmesan mashed potatoes was the last straw for us.

lewisc

Like us too when we bring some snacks and water bottles to the parks. Nothing wrong with that. Saving $ is an impossible idea to grasp for a few.
I'm not good picking the correct emoji. My recent post was from the perspective of Disney bean counters.

One, of the few positives, the locations of the water bottle refill stations are now listed on the MDE app.

Laketravis

The pork loin at Chef Mickey's, back in the day, was delicious, as was their prime rib. We found their meat quality to be dropping off a decade ago (more fat and gristle), and the removal of the parmesan mashed potatoes was the last straw for us.
I can remember when CM had stone crab claws and chocolate martinis that actually came with the chocolate straw as still pictured on the menu today. Of course, that's back when crab legs were included in the seafood buffet at Cape May. Today, it's really just a "SEE food" buffet.

I've recently talked to long term (20+ years) staff at both and we'd reminisce on how much has changed, and not for the better.

They know. They just aren't listening.

Grimley1968

I can understand meat quality dropping, to get their costs down, as long as it doesn't cost a restaurant too many customers, but parmesan mashed potatoes seems a strange menu option to drop.

There are a lot of complaints that make sense to be on this site, but complaining that Disney food is overpriced garbage is wild to me.

We are regulars at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. I know it's different ownership, regional, etc. Incomparable. But the food, more than anything, is TRULY incomparable.

The quality at Busch Gardens is such that my family won't eat anything at any restaurant. Period. Menus do not change year over year. Everything is frozen. Finding one meal that anyone enjoys is nearly impossible. And entree prices for the actual real terrible food that they serve start at $17 + a surcharge. A tiny chicken nuggets kids meal with no drink is $11.00.

Food at the quality of the very worst Disney restaurant would be a massive improvement. I'm a regular (I have young kids and enjoy the park), but it's impossible to find passable food, even at $70 for our family of four.

You have no idea how good you've got it. In other areas, maybe we can say Disney is foolish or backwards. But there is simply no one else in the industry doing food service anywhere near as well as Disney.

LSLS

We always bring food for breakfast, snacks and drinks and stuff for lunch in big yeti cooler as we drive my RAM truck. Why bring food --simple Disney overcharges and I refuse to pay their ridiculous prices. We also bring a small microwave and keep it in the room ---never had a problem
The fact you have to bring a yeti and microwave to eat food and leftovers in your room is by far the most ridiculous thing Disney has done. LITTERAL pennies a month they are saving.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I can understand meat quality dropping, to get their costs down, as long as it doesn't cost a restaurant too many customers, but parmesan mashed potatoes seems a strange menu option to drop.
They did a near-complete menu revamp back in the mid-2010's and we haven't returned since. My opinion is that it was a direct result of DDP, when restaurants were basically forced to cheapen their menus in order to squeak out a few dollars of profit.

"Declining by degrees" - Kevin Yee

TrainsOfDisney

The quality at Busch Gardens is such that my family won't eat anything at any restaurant. Period.
I haven’t been in many years but when I went the food was pretty good. Sad that it has changed.

Disney has a mix of quality - I would say some is “regional park” level - Pecos Bills, Cosmic Rays, Restaurantosourus, Pizzafari, Backlot, etc. are all really poor quality.

Basil of Baker Street

There are a lot of complaints that make sense to be on this site, but complaining that Disney food is overpriced garbage is wild to me.

We are regulars at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. I know it's different ownership, regional, etc. Incomparable. But the food, more than anything, is TRULY incomparable.

The quality at Busch Gardens is such that my family won't eat anything at any restaurant. Period. Menus do not change year over year. Everything is frozen. Finding one meal that anyone enjoys is nearly impossible. And entree prices for the actual real terrible food that they serve start at $17 + a surcharge. A tiny chicken nuggets kids meal with no drink is $11.00.

Food at the quality of the very worst Disney restaurant would be a massive improvement. I'm a regular (I have young kids and enjoy the park), but it's impossible to find passable food, even at $70 for our family of four.

You have no idea how good you've got it. In other areas, maybe we can say Disney is foolish or backwards. But there is simply no one else in the industry doing food service anywhere near as well as Disney.
Tough to compare BG to Disney. Disney is a resort. BG would be more comparable to Six Flags

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom