Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The “Savior” Iger? ;).
1687222390715.gif

The failing savior?

Lucky they put in a new federal holiday today…or he woulda lost a couple of bucks a share today too…

This dude is the biggest problem for Disney fans right now…whether they know it or not.

Anyone read the typical Disney press release via the Hollywood reporter today?

He “might” have to stay.

I hope the public and we fans aren’t that stupid?

Splash4eva

View attachment 725237

The failing savior?

Lucky they put in a new federal holiday today…or he woulda lost a couple of bucks a share today too…

This dude is the biggest problem for Disney fans right now…whether they know it or not.

Anyone read the typical Disney press release via the Hollywood reporter today?

He “might” have to stay.

I hope the public and we fans aren’t that stupid?
New to the boards here but not new to the finance world but been saying this for a very longggg time. Iger may be the most overrated CEO in the history considering the amount of love this guy gets yet when you look at sheer production in the greatest bull market ever he has been terrible imo.

Splash4eva

Everything you mentioned is still better than going on vacation NOT knowing what genie will cost & having to wake up at 650am to make a mad dash with 1000's of other guests to book a ride. Magical!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lilofan

Everything you mentioned is still better than going on vacation NOT knowing what genie will cost & having to wake up at 650am to make a mad dash with 1000's of other guests to book a ride. Magical!
The mad dash was when in the early 2000s, line up at rope drop at DHS, and the second the park opens run full speed to Tower, Coaster, Star Tours to get the coveted fast passes before the attractions run out of FP of the day. When Toy Story Midway Mania first opened , some fellow guests were selling their FP for $10 each on Mickey Ave.

Splash4eva

The mad dash was when in the early 2000s, line up at rope drop at DHS, and the second the park opens run full speed to Tower, Coaster, Star Tours to get the coveted fast passes before the attractions run out of FP of the day. When Toy Story Midway Mania first opened , some fellow guests were selling their FP for $10 each on Mickey Ave.
fun times!

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I saw a video yesterday someone posted inside backlot express around 4pm and there were zero lines and mostly empty. Not sure if weather was related to that or not however

TheMaxRebo

i remember doing the "running of the bulls" for the Toy Story Midway Mania paper fastpass machines and when in the giant mob out front of the attraction overheard this exchange:

"So having fun on vacation yet?"

"This isn't a vacation, it's a trip to Disney!"

jpeden

In the Parks
No
They’ve throttled rides in the past for a good reason: it’s slow and they can save some wear and tear and costs

No problem with that…

But if you’re posting a 55 minute wait on space 10 minutes after opening…open the damn ride!!

Yeah I would agree with this. If the crowd level really only calls for one side of the ride to be run AND you can provide a reasonable wait time, no reason to waste costs on wear and tear for the ride system. It's when they run only one side of the ride to save staffing costs and it makes wait times miserable that I get irritated, and they do that more than they should.

Nubs70

They’ve throttled rides in the past for a good reason: it’s slow and they can save some wear and tear and costs

No problem with that…

But if you’re posting a 55 minute wait on space 10 minutes after opening…open the damn ride!!
Another benefit of throttling ride is inflating wait time and pushing guests to purchase LL and Genie+.

Monetizing inefficiencies

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah I would agree with this. If the crowd level really only calls for one side of the ride to be run AND you can provide a reasonable wait time, no reason to waste costs on wear and tear for the ride system. It's when they run only one side of the ride to save staffing costs and it makes wait times miserable that I get irritated, and they do that more than they should.
It also feeds the big blue “beast”…lest we forget

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom