Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

matt9112

Another benefit of throttling ride is inflating wait time and pushing guests to purchase LL and Genie+.

Monetizing inefficiencies

This is the fundamental flaw with genie+ it monetizes bad behavior from the mouse. They legitimately make more money if they provide a worse product. It’s an amazing dilemma that I think should be far higher on peoples radar. Think of anything else in the market place.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is the fundamental flaw with genie+ it monetizes bad behavior from the mouse. They legitimately make more money if they provide a worse product. It’s an amazing dilemma that I think should be far higher on peoples radar. Think of anything else in the market place.
Correct…

The guy that led them here should be fired immediately…as should the board who he rides like a toy horse everyday.

Save Disney.
Time for the sequel…or trilogy…whatever

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
On a side note of the Iger/Disney sucks debate, Time just named Disney as one of the top 100 most influential companies.
Because it’s everywhere…not because it’s being run well.

The parks are still good because of the generals, wells and Eisner…
Not clown shoes and his overpriced, underwhelming crap.

I bet “Meta” is on their top? And they’re viewed as evil after it became known they were selling foreign intelligence agencies influence over western elections for cash…

So much so they had to change their name to “meta”

Andrew25

... and it's unfortunately a product that other parks are starting to capitalize on.

Sooner or later Universal will realize that they are missing out on offering an individual express option for the Harry Potter rides and Velocicoaster.

el_super

It's when they run only one side of the ride to save staffing costs and it makes wait times miserable that I get irritated, and they do that more than they should.

Do they often tell you when they are reducing staffing costs just to save money? How do you know any sort of reduced capacity is planned or unplanned?

jpeden

In the Parks
No
It also feeds the big blue “beast”…lest we forget

I explained blue ocean to my boss the other day who was basically the #2 in supply chain and procurement for one of the big three airlines for over a decade.

He looked at me like I had lost my mind when I explained to him it basically meant that you considered there to be no competition to your product. He responded with “there is always competition, even if it’s not known.”

Splash4eva

Altho you make a valid point with this... you can also argue building new rides in time will pay for themselves as they will be part of ILL and can charge to ride so in theory they should be building faster and more efficiently... also im not defending them but all parks have a paid version and Disney can almost never meet capacity for guests (altho they are doing an good job now lol with the lack of people going) People will still pay for askip the line system imo because noone wants to wait in lines if they dont have too

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Do they often tell you when they are reducing staffing costs just to save money? How do you know any sort of reduced capacity is planned or unplanned?

It doesn’t take a Wharton MBA to figure out they’re running on reduced staff when you wait 45 minutes to ride something and they’re using one load platform and they’re doing it on multiple rides. One ride you could attribute to there being an issue with that load/unload.

There is plenty of evidence (including from employees of the parks on this board) that TWDC often runs rides at lower capacity to save money. That takes many forms - only one ride platform, less trains/vehicles, etc.

The end result is a negative guest experience and the ability to push people to pay for upsells like G+ when if they just ran the rides at the correct capacity for the visitation level we wouldn’t have some of these issues.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I explained blue ocean to my boss the other day who was basically the #2 in supply chain and procurement for one of the big three airlines for over a decade.

He looked at me like I had lost my mind when I explained to him it basically meant that you considered there to be no competition to your product. He responded with “there is always competition, even if it’s not known.”
I meant the genie…

…but your story is better so I’ll go with that 😎👍🏻

ppete1975

Another benefit of throttling ride is inflating wait time and pushing guests to purchase LL and Genie+.

Monetizing inefficiencies
This is what the high wait times are. I went 2 months ago and none of the wait times were even close to accurate. Most things were a walkon yet showed 45-55 minutes, which was leading people to buy genie+ before even getting into the parks, or attempting to ride anything. It is an unexact science, but years of going to theme parks showed me the first day that they were fibbing to drive up demand on genie +. Same as at night they show high wait times to keep people from riding so they can close the ride earlier.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is what the high wait times are. I went 2 months ago and none of the wait times were even close to accurate. Most things were a walkon yet showed 45-55 minutes, which was leading people to buy genie+ before even getting into the parks, or attempting to ride anything. It is an unexact science, but years of going to theme parks showed me the first day that they were fibbing to drive up demand on genie +. Same as at night they show high wait times to keep people from riding so they can close the ride earlier.
Agreed.

1000%

There is still…sorta a reason for genie…if you are used to the slotting of fastpass and can clump them together…a certain type likes that kinda control

But to really avoid waits? Minimal at best.

Just not enough people in the parks. The Covid glut ended. Disney product to drive people to the parks has been on the downswing since the credits for endgame rolled…they overshot the price of dvc and now that they need them - overshot passes while spending years dumping on them and making them mad in the first place.

That’s the deal here…as the airline and auto statistics are way up. Apparently nobody can figure out their way to orlando? It’s the price.

Now we’re gonna have a quiz on this tomorrow 🤓

ppete1975

Agreed.

1000%

There is still…sorta a reason for genie…if you are used to the slotting of fastpass and can clump them together…a certain type likes that kinda control

But to really avoid waits? Minimal at best.

Just not enough people in the parks. The Covid glut ended. Disney product to drive people to the parks has been on the downswing since the credits for endgame rolled…they overshot the price of dvc and now that they need them - overshot passes while spending years dumping on them and making them mad in the first place.

That’s the deal here…as the airline and auto statistics are way up. Apparently nobody can figure out their way to orlando? It’s the price.

Now we’re gonna have a quiz on this tomorrow 🤓
And ed off huge sections of their customer base. Read the comment section on any article not on a disney fan forum or website, and its easy to see part of the issue.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The fact that anyone who works in a capitalist society thinks Blue Ocean is a legitimate business model blows my mind.
1687277630647.jpeg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And ed off huge sections of their customer base. Read the comment section on any article not on a disney fan forum or website, and its easy to see part of the issue.
I covered that on the edit…

Spent years fueling vanity run amok…including many of “us” on forums including this one.

“Experiencing” every upcharge that is the SAME Stuff…with cupcakes…

And as long as the runway kept going…bad management kept pushing.
And they seem to have run out of tarmac.

The entire point of annual passes was to have backup when things slowed and sell more merch. Period. I just gave away the secret.

So how’s that go now? Massively restricted or $1399 plus tax if you want to go as you feel?

It’s hard to even put that into context

Nubs70

If we take this one step further... or step into the salt mine, dome, or whatever it will be. Refurbishments during peak season help fund the refurbishment itself.

By taking capacity off line, that guest load is transferred to operational attractions and inflate wait times which result in additional revenue to offset the cost of the refurbishment. So the busier the season(s), the slower the refurbishment, the cheaper the refurbishment becomes.

WDW has found a way to be increase fiscal efficiency by monetizing operational inefficiency.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom