Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Tha Realest

Len brought an interesting point on the Disney Dish this week... why hasn't TEA released info yet on 2023 attendance? While not 100% accurate, it does paint a picture on trends and could signal distress to investors.

Last year it was released in June, and that was already pretty late.
I don’t think it’s just Disney that doesn’t want these numbers out. I think it’s Uni too - they have a vested interest in the Orlando theme parks looking and appearing like robist investment opportunities.

Saskdw

100% this, we’re going on another DCL cruise in January and between the 2 of us it comes out to $1000 per day, we happily pay it because we find DCL worth the money, we decided to add a WDW trip (since we’ll be in FL anyway and haven’t been in 2 years) and we are only doing 3 park days, and we debated only doing 2, we could easily add another day but we don’t feel like HS is worth the overpriced tickets and another night at the overpriced hotel.

Prior to all the cuts and price gouging our average trip at WDW was 6 park days and 8 hotel nights (including travel days), we used to happily pay for an entire week and often wished we could stay longer, now we struggle to justify 3.

Disney used to be a product that justified the highest prices in the industry, they’ve cut so much from the Disney experience the value just isn’t there anymore.
We were Disney's favorite type of customer. Our average trip was 14 nights at a WDW resort with 10 day hoppers. Most trips we stayed in the Disney bubble and never left WDW property. Other than flights we spent every cent of our vacation money at Disney. We loved every minute there.

For some reason they decided to flush that down the toilet.

Saskdw

IMO, that is why we're seeing things like the levers they usually pull, hotel discounts, free dining, not being enough anymore. This feels like a price issue to many, and while it is certainly part of the equation, I don't think it's the key. It's the uncertainty and frustration, due to insufficient attraction capacity. More people are simply aware of how hard it is to actually get on the rides they want.
You are right. The price is very high, but wasn't the sole reason we ruled out WDW for our last 2 vacations.

The uncertainty of what we would actually get for our money was the issue. They no longer offer the hands down industry leading experience they once did. We hate the G+ system. The new multi lane system is a huge step in the right direction for us. We won't go there this year. We are waiting to see what the price looks like for Dec. 2025.

Andrew25

I don’t think it’s just Disney that doesn’t want these numbers out. I think it’s Uni too - they have a vested interest in the Orlando theme parks looking and appearing like robist investment opportunities.
Yup - down year overall for every major competitor. Both Uni/Dis have significant investments lined up for Florida/Global and they don't want to scare investors.

My best guess is that they want to release TEA numbers somewhere closer to investor calls for Q2 (Q3 for WDW) presentations to reduce their impact. (CMCSA has theirs next week)

John park hopper

I got one in 4 weeks
You will love it --never saw so many eagles, if you are into fishing I did a halibut fishing trip for my birthday and caught 3 halibut had them shipped back to SC what an amazing experience. Had a buddy in 68 I got drafted he went to Alaska missed the military draft never came back to NY--- finally saw why

GoneViral

Len brought an interesting point on the Disney Dish this week... why hasn't TEA released info yet on 2023 attendance? While not 100% accurate, it does paint a picture on trends and could signal distress to investors.

Last year it was released in June, and that was already pretty late.
I'm told it'll be out soon. There were some delays because this is the first global post-pandemic year.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Same here. The prices for fall and Christmas are a tad ridiculous. $650 for a Deluxe Resort studio room with AP discount. And that's for the resort view.

That price was for the the Boardwalk resorts in November through first 2 weeks of December. I added the tax for what the total cost of the room would be.

Those prices, IMO are ridiculous for being AP discount. We've stayed in the fall/winter over last few years for appx $400-450 per night with AP discount and the rooom was garden/pool view. We even had a few stays that under $400 per night.
Their expenses are cut to the bone already, so they have to charge more because they need the revenue to makeup for the guests that they've lost because they charge more.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Just left Epcot. Early, but I’ve never experienced it so empty. Interesting to note all the closed kiosks (outside of the F&W ones) etc. in World showcase.
I'm curious as to why they put them out more than a month ahead of time.

I wonder if there is any chance of an early start to the festival, a preview or "taste of" event to boost things?

wannabeBelle

I know the guest author on the Disney Dish this week said there is a little t of challenges finding entertainment CMs/character workers and why some shows have been cut or reduced, etc. with this group being particularly challenging to find folks as many who would do that have left Florida

And this staffing challenge is only going to increase with the opening of Epic Universe
Just as a point to looking to hire for Entertainment, this is from the Disney Auditions page today. The second listing on this page is not for Walt Disney World but I streamed for that location specifically. So if they are looking to hire for Entertainment cast, they arent putting it out on their Auditions page for sure. I cant swear they arent pursuing other avenues to hire such as third party contracted groups but as far as hiring via this page, it doesnt look like there is much going on at the moment. Marie

Disney Auditions

My ProfileNew User? Click Here.

WHICH AUDITIONS WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE?​

I'd like to see All types ofAuditions forall the Disney ParksAudition Cityall cities
VIEW THIS PAGE IN FRENCH
Showing 1 of 2 of 2 events (filtered from 40 total records)
Search:

ONLINE SUBMISSIONS: Sleight of Hand Magicians and Strolling Balloon Artists Local to Central Florida​

For: Walt Disney World
Audition City: Local to Central Florida
Looking For: Musical Acts and Variety ActsTuesday, July 30, 202411:30 PMTimezone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Add to Calendar
Show info

Disneyland Paris & Disney Cruise Line – Combined Character/Performer Audition – Liverpool, Leeds, London, UK​

For: Global
Audition City: Liverpool, Leeds, London
Location: Liverpool Theater School | Leeds - Yorkshire Dance | London - Danceworks
Looking For: Disney Character Look-Alikes, Disney Character Performers, and Parade PerformersFriday, September 06, 202409:00 AMTimezone: London
Add to Calendar
Show info

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You will love it --never saw so many eagles, if you are into fishing I did a halibut fishing trip for my birthday and caught 3 halibut had them shipped back to SC what an amazing experience. Had a buddy in 68 I got drafted he went to Alaska missed the military draft never came back to NY--- finally saw why
We are sea life people…so we have a good itinerary of nature ahead

Pretty stoked for this zodiac jaunt thing in Canada. There’s a spot where the orca congregate and come over and play with you

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom