Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

celluloid

As much as some want to claim heat plays a big part, I have a hard time buying it. Especially seeing parks across the country busy and some have hot weather too.

Just yesterday it was 110 in Utah and their park was packed. I know this from a vlogger I watch who was at they park yesterday
Exactly. Lagoon is currently my home park. 100s for days here in Idaho. It's hot at home for people too.

Last edited:

Lilofan

They all aren't packed every day just cause they have a shorter season. Even SeaWorld had been packed in days Disney isn't. So it's not the heat.

Price is keeping the majority away.
Sea World has been packed ? Show some ## to back up that claim. Shorter season is more limited time to go, nothing new about that.

celluloid

Lagoon is not in a Destination City, and the 35 min to hour Drive to the nearest big city has people thet could go next week when it will not be 114 degrees. Yet they are still playng.

People are having fun at the price and level they like.
And that is people finding it at Disney less than recent decade.

Jrb1979

Sea World has been packed ? Show some ## to back up that claim. Shorter season is more limited time to go, nothing new about that.
This from today according to queue wait times site.

1000000868.png

1000000869.png

JD80

As much as some want to claim heat plays a big part, I have a hard time buying it. Especially seeing parks across the country busy and some have hot weather too.

Just yesterday it was 110 in Utah and their park was packed. I know this from a vlogger I watch who was at they park yesterday

No one is claiming heat plays a big part. Just a part.

You're arguing with no one.

Tha Realest

Perhaps to some like us who have been walking like a wet sponge , lighter meals more hydration, try again.
This is preposterous.

What’s more plausible:

1) All these crowds keep coming to the park, but are functionally fasting or eschewing sit down restaurants when it is hot, or

2) Attendance is down.

I get you don’t want to acknowledge the possibility of 2, but let’s not be foolish.

Lilofan

This is preposterous.

What’s more plausible:

1) All these crowds keep coming to the park, but are functionally fasting or eschewing sit down restaurants when it is hot, or

2) Attendance is down.

I get you don’t want to acknowledge the possibility of 2, but let’s not be foolish.
You may not have seen past posts when Iger told Wall Street the weather played a factor in attendance some forum members who are very critical of Disney but supportive in non Disney parks went into tizzy ridiculing him. Weather has played a factor in us going in the summer moving forward but the summers in the last were nothing like it is now.

Jrb1979

You may not have seen past posts when Iger told Wall Street the weather played a factor in attendance some forum members who are very critical of Disney but supportive in non Disney parks went into tizzy ridiculing him. Weather has played a factor in us going in the summer moving forward but the summers in the last were nothing like it is now.
Yes heat plays a factor but it's a small factor.

MR.Dis

This argument on attendance made me wonder about the TEA annual attendance report. The report is usually released in late May / early June. Yet here it is mid July and we still do not have the 2023 report. I wonder what the hold up is? Maybe Disney is trying to hold it up so everyone will not see how bad their attendance is compared to their competition- let the conspiracy theories begin - LOL.

lewisc

You know, speaking of crowds, is it suspicious to anyone else that the annual TEA Theme Park Index report is like a month late?

I have no special information about this process. Putting on my tin-foil hat, my first conspiracy theory is that the numbers don't look good for Disney.

This argument on attendance made me wonder about the TEA annual attendance report. The report is usually released in late May / early June. Yet here it is mid July and we still do not have the 2023 report. I wonder what the hold up is? Maybe Disney is trying to hold it up so everyone will not see how bad their attendance is compared to their competition- let the conspiracy theories begin - LOL.
Len already made the point

celluloid

The last time it was released people did not even like to believe how low it looked.

Tha Realest

I’ve seen the spin. That was ridiculous, as is the notion that people are fasting, going keto, or whatever conclusion you’re reaching for to explain away empty restaurants that is attributable to something other than greatly reduced attendance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom