Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

bwr827

There are families traveling at all times of year, so I don't think anyone could pin the overall drops on parental philosophies of the importance of education or the scheduling strictures presented by the school year as currently devised. Lots of travel traffic, less of it going to Disney.

Them's the breaks! Blame something else.
I don’t think anyone reasonable is trying to blame one lone factor.

But this seems to be a common attempt at rebuttal, pretending a factor needs to be the sole explanation for it to count.

Maybe the discussion would be too boring if we all accepted that a variety of factors are involved.

Jrb1979

I don’t think anyone reasonable is trying to blame one lone factor.

But this seems to be a common attempt at rebuttal, pretending a factor needs to be the sole explanation for it to count.

Maybe the discussion would be too boring if we all accepted that a variety of factors are involved.
While there a many factors in play, IMO price is the major one. Many don't seem to want to accept that price is playing as big a factor.

Jrb1979

As much as some want to claim heat plays a big part, I have a hard time buying it. Especially seeing parks across the country busy and some have hot weather too.

Just yesterday it was 110 in Utah and their park was packed. I know this from a vlogger I watch who was at they park yesterday

Lilofan

As much as some want to claim heat plays a big part, I have a hard time buying it. Especially seeing parks across the country busy and some have hot weather too.

Just yesterday it was 110 in Utah and their park was packed. I know this from a vlogger I watch who was at they park yesterday
Is that Utah park open 5 months a year like seasonal Cedar Point or it it open 365 like Disney parks?

Tha Realest

Walking around like a wet sponge in hot and humid Orlando for hours day and night doesn't put us in the mood for a big meal. We eat light and hydrate a lot.
Demand used to be so high for these coveted reservations that entire businesses had monetized the ability to get these spots. Your inclinations are not necessarily shared by many- the ability to get out of the heat and sit down is desired by a lot.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They must really be concerned about people just going to Epic and skipping IoA and US if they do that, but I am sure they will get the die hards to pay for it. However, for a large chunk of potential visitors, it will be a turn off.

We have a trip planned for late next year with a day set aside for EU with a group and if they go the three-day ticket route everyone agreed to just drop it and go sometime later when that restriction is gone.
I don’t think it’s out of “fear”…I think it’s trying to use maybe the biggest pressure point they will ever have to steer the market their way a little

You know, speaking of crowds, is it suspicious to anyone else that the annual TEA Theme Park Index report is like a month late?

I have no special information about this process. Putting on my tin-foil hat, my first conspiracy theory is that the numbers don't look good for Disney.
You’re not suggesting a certain animal is putting pressure on them…are you?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

It’s not the heat….
People have gone towards the heat for vacation for 100 years.

A couple of degrees isn’t that big of a deal breaker

Jrb1979

That’s not an answer to the question.
Their point is the reason people will put up with the heat at parks like the on I'm Utah is cause their season is so short they don't have other options. Where as Disney is open year round so people can avoid the heat.

That is what I was talking about in my earlier post. People pushing the heat narrative as the main reason for low attendance

Tha Realest

It wasn’t a good question

Seasonal parks were designed to operate during their seasons

All year parks are designed to operate all year…including the summer

Here’s some ideas of why Disney is down:
The offerings and the PRICE.

Look into it.
Yep.

And there’s no indication these fickle, heat sensitive guests are coming in the other seasons in a way that offsets the summer downturns.

Lilofan

Their point is the reason people will put up with the heat at parks like the on I'm Utah is cause their season is so short they don't have other options. Where as Disney is open year round so people can avoid the heat.

That is what I was talking about in my earlier post. People pushing the heat narrative as the main reason for low attendance
So since you can take the extreme heat so should others ? A narrative that not all will buy into.

Lilofan

It wasn’t a good question

Seasonal parks were designed to operate during their seasons

All year parks are designed to operate all year…including the summer

Here’s some ideas of why Disney is down:
The offerings and the PRICE.

Look into it.
Doesn’t take an MBA to figure a seasonal park open in summers will have their parks “ packed “. Lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom