Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Saskdw

That will blow up big time in Uni’s face.
It would keep us from going for sure. We are the type of people that like to experience everything multiple times over and would want to spend at least 4 days at Epic. One day wouldn't be enough to enjoy it for us.

DisneyCane

It was not tje first time Jacksonville had snow. And nah. It was not enough for that.

It was colder in FL than it was in Chicago.
3 or 4 years ago I flew from Miami to Eagle/Vail for skiing in January. It was colder at Miami International when we took off than it was at Eagle County Regional when we landed. Weather outlier situations are somewhat rare but they do happen.

There was a cold snap in south Florida and warmer than normal period in Colorado at the same time.

lewisc

If Bob is to be believed, summer heat in Orlando is a recent development and vacationers have no idea what the weather will be like during their vacation dates and thus they could cancel at the very last minute, impacting attendance figures. Who knew? ;)
Parents willingness to pull their kids out of school, moving their summer vacation to cooler months, is a recent trend.

Lilofan

I don't think so. The ones who hate the most are those who only want to see Epic Universe and have no interest in Universal.

This won't be the only option available. From what it sounds like is after they sell the amount they want to sell ticket wise they will open up single day tickets.
That’s us. No desire to visit Uni been there done that, until single day tickets open for Epic whenever that will be.

erasure fan1

That will blow up big time in Uni’s face.
I'm not so sure. It might upset some people but I doubt it will really hurt them. We talked about going down next year, we decided it would be too crazy. But if we did, we would have at minimum done 3 days to see each park. My wife is a huge potter fan and it wasn't open when she went. The ony people I see getting really upset is the vloggers. And I wouldn't be all that concerned with them.

Realistically, if they do it right, they'll start selling the 3 or more day ticket bundles early. They'll sell enough to hit capacity and just say, sorry we have no availability for the park. Then technically they won't have to not sell single day. They just won't have any inventory left to sell single day. And if they don't sell to capacity, they can open up single day admission closer to opening.

Minnesota disney fan

I'm not so sure. It might upset some people but I doubt it will really hurt them. We talked about going down next year, we decided it would be too crazy. But if we did, we would have at minimum done 3 days to see each park. My wife is a huge potter fan and it wasn't open when she went. The ony people I see getting really upset is the vloggers. And I wouldn't be all that concerned with them.

Realistically, if they do it right, they'll start selling the 3 or more day ticket bundles early. They'll sell enough to hit capacity and just say, sorry we have no availability for the park. Then technically they won't have to not sell single day. They just won't have any inventory left to sell single day. And if they don't sell to capacity, they can open up single day admission closer to opening.
I think the multi park tickets over 3 days is a good idea. Universal has to do something about the huge crowd that will be bombarding Epic Universe when it opens. No one wants to see the parks over run by too many people. That's just one way to break the stay up so that doesn't happen. Everyone wants to see Epic it seems.
Also others are dismissing the other 2 parks (not counting Volcano Bay) as nothing to see. Those parks are fantastic, IMO, and there is plenty to see and do, it's just not the new park. We are hitting the 2 parks this fall, and will await Epic Universe for a while to see what happens. I wonder what people who do not like this plan would suggest that Universal do to keep the hordes of people from over crowding the new park? There has to be some way to regulate this so everyone has a good time and doesn't get upset over the high crowds and not being able to do much in the park.
I think they will adjust this as time goes by to be the best for everyone.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No

I'd agree. Demand for Epic Universe is going to be exceedingly high when the park opens and Universal needs to be careful how quickly they open the tap on accessibility to the park. It's smart (from a financial standpoint) for Uni to limit initial access to Epic to only people with multiday passes because you have the combined additional revenue from food/merch sales as well as hotel sales. But also, you want to be sure that these high value guests (who are coming for multiple days) are guaranteed access to Epic (and that it isn't sold out when they may be on property). I'm sure that single day tickets will be available (Uni is going to want Epic at capacity as often as possible), but the access for those wanting to enter with a single day pass will be more or less all the way at the bottom of the tier (and this pay-to-play model isn't unique to Orlando... whenever Disney opens a new ride, Club 33 usually gets before DVC who usually come before annual passholders who come before the GP). I could see a situation where only multi-day passes are available ~12 months out, then maybe single day passes are available ~3 months out (assuming availability).

Last edited:

Grimley1968

I wonder what people who do not like this plan would suggest that Universal do to keep the hordes of people from over crowding the new park? There has to be some way to regulate this so everyone has a good time and doesn't get upset over the high crowds and not being able to do much in the park.

Well, there's always the Disney way of (eventually) driving crowds away: keep raising prices while also reducing value for the guests. ;)

As a potential future guest, I hope Uni doesn't follow suit.

Trauma

This won't blow up in Universal's face because these packages will NOT be the only ticket option available.

Universal already responded to Business Insider clarifying that there will be AP options and single day tickets.
I’m assuming the 3 park ticket will be a better value.

More options is a good thing.

Universal still does this crazy thing where they try to deliver value to their guests.

Trauma

What happens when neither the guests or the shareholders are happy? 🤔
Bob does what he does best, distraction.

Maybe this time he will announce that Epic Games will be adding a virtual Taylor Swift concert that takes place in MK into Fortnite.

Stock to the moon!!!

Don’t forget to give away those $2 D+ subs so it looks like the service is growing like a weed.

All in a days work for the snake oil salesma… ahem excuse me, weatherman.

seabreezept813

It might just be more noticeable in the hotter months because, over time, those months have become less crowded vs. the cooler months. At some point people decided that they don't care if their kid misses a week of school to have a WDW vacation where they don't feel like they are inside an active volcano (without the odor except in some select spots). The percentage decrease could be similar throughout the year but the warm months drop below the threshold where the low crowds become noticeable.
I think Covid changed the way schools and businesses view attendance. So I think attendance policies in general are much looser.

Angel Ariel

I think Covid changed the way schools and businesses view attendance. So I think attendance policies in general are much looser.
School policies are not looser - if anything, they're becoming more strict as parents have chosen to take kids out more easily. Chronic absenteeism has jumped through the roof, and when kids are absent - especially consistently - it impacts school funding. This isn't an individual school by school or district by district decision either - my state made it impossible for districts to have looser attendance policies this year, and that conscious effort is ongoing.

seabreezept813

School policies are not looser - if anything, they're becoming more strict as parents have chosen to take kids out more easily. Chronic absenteeism has jumped through the roof, and when kids are absent - especially consistently - it impacts school funding. This isn't an individual school by school or district by district decision either - my state made it impossible for districts to have looser attendance policies this year, and that conscious effort is ongoing.
Interesting. Because I teach at a public school in Ma and we don’t hold kids accountable to attendance at all. Like there’s some making up tardies at the end of the year but even that is like 30 minutes for 5 days of being absent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom