Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I remember it was new to me to see bars outside, just walk up and have a drink. I thought that was great!

And full disclosure, my favorite club was 8Trax :)
Long live the YMCA at midnight and that crazy guy who did Thriller all the time hehe ( search YouTube for 8-Trax Thriller)

I met my first bf at 8-trax, came out of the closet, learned to dance, and got paid time and a half to do it. Those were the days!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The board is seated by the power holders... you align with them, you get the board how you want.

CEOs aren't insulated from the power behind those who pick the board.
What actual company are you talking about? Sure as hell isn’t Disney
Iger will use the lack of a permanent CFO to say he’s forced to extend his tenure for the stability of the company. I would bet a week of Genie+ on it.
Iger isn’t leaving…unless the stock/products continue to tank. Then he’ll slither into the weeds. Already did it once at the drop of a hat.

Last edited:

CampbellzSoup

Is Fantasmic normally a “sell out” performance? I will admit Hollywood studios on Friday wasn’t terrible but the rest of the week was definitely bad. I hope those of you going have a fabulous time and weather just reporting my views as a seasoned WDWer.

jannerUK

Currently watching a live stream of some guy getting on smugglers run. 75mins the wait time stated. He basically got through the two big rooms in 3 minutes!

No way was he waiting more than 20

CntrlFlPete

That's why I took that September 2019 photo - it was miserable.

Yet this was a "typical" early evening at Food & Wine Festival, not even peak F&WF season yet.

It was miserable at Epcot, and we were on the way back to the Boardwalk to spend the rest of the day poolside.

Ever since then, I take a photo from approximately the same location. My exact location depends on who is leaning along rails - who am I to tell them to move it!

Here are some others (I have more).

November 2020:

View attachment 724135

May 2021:

View attachment 724138

May 2022:

View attachment 724139

May 2023:

View attachment 724140

I'm never that good at judging a crowd in Epcot. Sometimes if it seems like you are in the same 'flow' as a lot of guest, it can seem crowded -- wait a couple minutes, get in another flow that has room.

this is from 6/17/2023 around 4:30 PM. I think I caught the bottleneck at just the wrong time (or you can't see the empty space hiding behind light post:

c1s.jpg

I mean, this is a couple of minutes later:

c2sa.jpg

or another from today:

c3s.jpg

jannerUK

Able to add some context to this as an outsider. Do you add them and include to show expected attendance or low or very low attendance?

When is the next upturn of attendance due to begin, so we can then follow that. ie. when are the Floridian school holidays beginning?

Last edited:

Andrew25

Able to add some context to this as an outsider. Do you add them and include to show expected attendance or low or very low attendance?

When is the next upturn of attendance due to begin, so we can then follow that. ie. when are the Floridian school holidays beginning?

School holidays have already started in Florida about 2-3 weeks ago.

It's currently a holiday 3-day weekend and the crowds are relatively low

UNCgolf

School holidays have already started in Florida about 2-3 weeks ago.

It's currently a holiday 3-day weekend and the crowds are relatively low

Well, sort of. While Juneteenth is a federal holiday now, a lot of businesses do not close for it. It's not like Memorial Day, the 4th of July, etc. where most corporations are shut down.

We're closed, but most of our large corporate clients are open and operating as normal.

TheMaxRebo

Well, sort of. While Juneteenth is a federal holiday now, a lot of businesses do not close for it. It's not like Memorial Day, the 4th of July, etc. where most corporations are shut down.

We're closed, but most of our large corporate clients are open and operating as normal.

Definitely becoming more and more of one - our schools have it off and my company is off (though definitely not everywhere) .... Though it is the last week of school so most people will just wait a week to start vacation rather than doing something like Disney this 3 day weekend

BlakeW39

I posted last week that I’d be here this week and give a “non-pixie duster” review of the crowd levels. I’m at MK right now, compared to last summer it’s DEAD. Generally speaking it’s not “empty”, but I’d say it’s pretty low crowds. Think September crowd levels (a few years ago)

I'll add my own anecdote— it was basically the same for me. As I said, we got reservations for Yak & Yeti 1 hour + in advance, no sweat. Everest was a walk on, Kilimanjaro safaris was like 15 min, and all the attractions at MK and EPCOT were generally easy to get on to. we got on ROTR at DHS in under 30 min at the end of the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom