Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

jpeden

In the Parks
No
You know, speaking of crowds, is it suspicious to anyone else that the annual TEA Theme Park Index report is like a month late?

I have no special information about this process. Putting on my tin-foil hat, my first conspiracy theory is that the numbers don't look good for Disney.

Does TWDC/Comcast get a preview of this report before it’s published? If so are they allowed to try and get revisions to it/make it look better?

Not familiar with how tied in/independent TEA really is from the park companies.

Dranth

Does TWDC/Comcast get a preview of this report before it’s published? If so are they allowed to try and get revisions to it/make it look better?

Not familiar with how tied in/independent TEA really is from the park companies.
I could be wrong but my impression was that they estimate their numbers using a bunch of factors but the park owners don't have much direct input. I do wonder if they let them preview the report though, as a chance to correct the record if they would like.

Tha Realest

You know, speaking of crowds, is it suspicious to anyone else that the annual TEA Theme Park Index report is like a month late?

I have no special information about this process. Putting on my tin-foil hat, my first conspiracy theory is that the numbers don't look good for Disney.
You can take off the hat. In fact, my financial advisors (pictured below) have already peeked at the report and put in a flurry of options on DIS just this morning!

1720704148941.jpeg

Disneyhead'71

Just to clarify the Epic Universe ticket situation. The only ticket pre-sale info released so far is ticket package deals that will be offered through travel agents. They make sense for someone coming from Baltimore for a vacation, who will want to go to all three parks anyway.

There will be more ticketing options available as the park opening gets closer. Including AP options and single day tickets.

They want to lock in as many multi-day visitors as they can and then fill in the rest of the capacity with APs and day guests.

Lilofan

Just to clarify the Epic Universe ticket situation. The only ticket pre-sale info released so far is ticket package deals that will be offered through travel agents. They make sense for someone coming from Baltimore for a vacation, who will want to go to all three parks anyway.

There will be more ticketing options available as the park opening gets closer. Including AP options and single day tickets.

They want to lock in as many multi-day visitors as they can and then fill in the rest of the capacity with APs and day guests.
I thought travel agents were a dying breed. Looks like some are still in that profession.

lentesta

Premium Member

My understanding is that the numbers are produced with off-the-record guidance from the parks themselves.

I don't think the parks give exact numbers. Too many opportunities for leaks.

IIRC, the FastPass+ internal presentation from ~2010 had data that, with some reasonable assumptions, could estimate WDW attendance within a couple percent of TEA's numbers. So I think a ballpark range of, say, +/- low single digits of error is probably a safe assumption.

Saskdw

They must really be concerned about people just going to Epic and skipping IoA and US if they do that, but I am sure they will get the die hards to pay for it. However, for a large chunk of potential visitors, it will be a turn off.

We have a trip planned for late next year with a day set aside for EU with a group and if they go the three-day ticket route everyone agreed to just drop it and go sometime later when that restriction is gone.
Part of the reason they are doing this is crowd control. They know this park will have a huge amount of people wanting to check it out. They are trying to make the experience more pleasant for those that go.

But yes, I think they are trying to make this a vacation destination. Ideally they would like people to spend a week there between 3 parks and Volcano bay. Their resorts our a great value compared to Disney.

There will definately be some people put off by the initial ticket set-up, but the park will be full regardless. One of the Youtubers I follow who has inside contacts said there will be annual passes for Epic, but they will be separate from the other two parks.

celluloid

At that time Jacksonville FL not NC had a freakish snowfall. Now that's one for the record books. Doubt the salt trucks came out for that one if any exexisted.
It was not tje first time Jacksonville had snow. And nah. It was not enough for that.

It was colder in FL than it was in Chicago.

celluloid

They must really be concerned about people just going to Epic and skipping IoA and US if they do that, but I am sure they will get the die hards to pay for it. However, for a large chunk of potential visitors, it will be a turn off.

We have a trip planned for late next year with a day set aside for EU with a group and if they go the three-day ticket route everyone agreed to just drop it and go sometime later when that restriction is gone.

People are blowing the news into sme restriction.

This was news for travel agents, so they can still offer EPIC with their bookings but Universal can sell the day tickets and AP add options.

The AP option of some sort was.already confirmed by Universal coming.
Prices and details just not released yet.

Last edited:

Dranth

People are blowing the news into sme restriction.

This was news for travel agents, so they can still offer EPIC with their bookings but Universal can sell the day tickets and AP add options.

The AP option of some sort was.already confirmed by Universal coming.
Prices and details just not released yet.
Yep. I would be surprised personally if they forced a package deal to be able to get into Epic but you never know. It would certainly be disappointing.

celluloid

The bad design of lands without seating, shade or trees and your family being charged for lightning lanes when the last two attractions you had them for is down, and the dining reservation you felt you nabbed months ago, but now limiting your options for your sweating family has a larger impact than the concrete real feel 20 miles away.

Saskdw

Yep. I would be surprised personally if they forced a package deal to be able to get into Epic but you never know. It would certainly be disappointing.
The rumor that was floating around is there would be no single day tickets available initially. Cheapest option was a 3 day ticket which only one day could be used for Epic. But there is no official announcement from Universal yet.

lewisc

The rumor that was floating around is there would be no single day tickets available initially. Cheapest option was a 3 day ticket which only one day could be used for Epic. But there is no official announcement from Universal yet.
Initially meaning now. The 1st week January is when details should be released regarding other tickets.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Wait so it’s always been hot in Orlando during the summer ?

I thought Bob said this was a new phenomenon.
If Bob is to be believed, summer heat in Orlando is a recent development and vacationers have no idea what the weather will be like during their vacation dates and thus they could cancel at the very last minute, impacting attendance figures. Who knew? ;)

Lilofan

That will blow up big time in Uni’s face.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom