Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

the_rich

Maybe it was people staying away on a holiday. The majority of the waits look substantial today and not indicative of it being slow.

John park hopper

David Bowes Space Oddity lyrics changed -----too hot to work outside I'm bored

Disney board to Major Bob
Take your pix dust and put your ears on

(Ten)
Disney board
(Nine)
To Major Bob
(Eight, seven, six)
Prices rising
(Five)
stocks are flat
(Four, three, two)
occupancy down
(One)
And may DVC
(Lift-off)
fill up the slack

This is Disney board to Major Bob
You've really made the grade
And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave as CEO if you dare

This is Major Bob to Disney board
I'm increasing prices even more
And I'm cutting staff and perks you can see
And the numbers look very different today

For here am I sitting in my mansion
Far from Walt Disney World
Prices rising
And there's nothing I want to do

Though I'm past making 6 million a year
I'm feeling very poor
And I think my yacht knows which way to go
Tell the Disney board I'm worth more
You know

Ground Control to Major Bob
Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong
Can you hear me, Major Bob?
Can you he—

Here am I floating 'round in my yacht
Far from WDW
I'm still CEO
And there's nothing you can do

Grimley1968

(Ten)
Disney board
(Nine)
To Major Bob
(Eight, seven, six)
Prices rising
(Five)
stocks are flat
(Four, three, two)
occupancy down
(One)
And may DVC
(Lift-off)
fill up the slack

Prices rising

I'm feeling very poor
You know

Can you he—

Far from WDW
I'm still CEO

Very imaginative, and one of my favorite songs. Bravo!

Lilofan

(Ten)
Disney board
(Nine)
To Major Bob
(Eight, seven, six)
Prices rising
(Five)
stocks are flat
(Four, three, two)
occupancy down
(One)
And may DVC
(Lift-off)
fill up the slack

Prices rising

I'm feeling very poor
You know

Can you he—

Far from WDW
I'm still CEO

Back in the 1984 there was a song by Rock Master Scott and Dynamic Three, " The Roof is on Fire ". We would sing it to the top of our lungs in a drunken stupor in fraternity parties.
The roof, the roof the roof is on fire , we don't need no water let the #@%π burn, burn %-#@ burn!!!

Some non Disney fans may share the same sentiment on what they may think of the company.

the_rich

Not sure what waits you are looking at, but HS is the only park with any sort of waits whatsoever. The normal hour long waits for the big hitters are 45 minutes or less (except for Remy).
A couple went just under an hour...and there are multiple at 50 mins in mk

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240709-150325.png
    Screenshot_20240709-150325.png
    418.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20240709-150334.png
    Screenshot_20240709-150334.png
    393.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20240709-150340.png
    Screenshot_20240709-150340.png
    407.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20240709-150430.png
    Screenshot_20240709-150430.png
    445.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20240709-150623.png
    Screenshot_20240709-150623.png
    402.9 KB · Views: 24

Nubs70

Those are “drink coolers”, not fridges, and I agree that it’s insane, especially at a family destination where people are traveling with bottles. Not to mention guests who may be traveling with medication - or just want an actual refrigerator for their kid’s yogurt, to store leftovers from restaurants, etc. People resort to filling them with ice bags and putting a fridge thermometer in to make sure they’re not going to get food poisoning which is - I mean come on, that’s just silly. It’s insane to be paying Disney prices and be shoving bags of ice in a “drink cooler” to create your own makeshift refrigerator. I am more sympathetic to Disney than many on here and do think they’ve been hit by labor shortages and inflation on goods, but the “drink cooler” thing honestly infuriates me.
I prefer my boxers to be about 33F.

Nothing better than the twig n berries ensconced in crisp cool undies when heading out to the parks.

Andrew25

Using wait-times as an indicator as to how busy a park is isn't the best choice for a variety of reasons.
  • Weather - Crowds move to indoor attractions, then flood outdoor attractions when they reopen. Artificially increasing waits for those that reopen temporarily.
  • Downtime - It's a serious issue at WDW, hard to use that an indicator when rides like Remy/Runaway go down often, or rides like Tower/Falcon run at reduced capacity.

the_rich

Using wait-times as an indicator as to how busy a park is isn't the best choice for a variety of reasons.
  • Weather - Crowds move to indoor attractions, then flood outdoor attractions when they reopen. Artificially increasing waits for those that reopen temporarily.
  • Downtime - It's a serious issue at WDW, hard to use that an indicator when rides like Remy/Runaway go down often, or rides like Tower/Falcon run at reduced capacity.
Plenty of people were using them on July 4th to say it wasn't busy. Can't have it both ways.

DisneyRoy

I agree with you. But it’s the easiest way to gauge crowds for those of us not in park currently.

MickeyLuv'r

Currently showing at 60+ are: BTMRR, Meet Cindy, 7D, FEA, Remy, RNRC, Slinky, Rise, (TSM at 55).
FoP is at 50. MMRR is now 60, but a few min back was at 50.

If I look at rides beyond the above though, EE is only 20, Soar 15, SE 5. Safari 5, PotC 15, MS 15, smallworld 20, Jungle Cruise 30, Pooh 30, ToT 30, Imagination 15, Living w/Land 5, Nemo 5, Kali 40, HM 40.

IMO, a good number of rides look fairly slow right now, though it is the late afternoon lull period, when many take a break from the heat before dinner.

Angel Ariel

I know people like to downplay it, but Nintendo is going to be absolutely huge in Orlando . Trust me when I went to Universal Studios Hollywood. They couldn’t keep the merchandise on the shelves. It was literally being taken out of the boxes when they were opening it I said to myself if it is crazy here, imagine it when it comes to Florida…
The merchandise is good sure. The ride is meh at best. A mariokart ride should have some semblance of speed. It has none. And you miss the physical effects in the ride because of the VR, and the VR is a PITA. DH is a gamer and even he didn't like the ride.

The power bands are kinda cool, but the lines were so long to use them for the mini games that it was not worth waiting. We couldn't tell you what the food is like as the VQ for the QS location filled very quickly after opening.

All in all, while it was a nice one time visit (Universal Hollywood's version, to be clear), it wasn't spectacular and certainly nothing we will go out of our way to do again.

It was unfortunate as we both have fond memories of Mario from childhood, and DD loved the new movie. I wanted it to be so much better than it actually was.

CampbellzSoup

The merchandise is good sure. The ride is meh at best. A mariokart ride should have some semblance of speed. It has none. And you miss the physical effects in the ride because of the VR, and the VR is a PITA. DH is a gamer and even he didn't like the ride.

The power bands are kinda cool, but the lines were so long to use them for the mini games that it was not worth waiting. We couldn't tell you what the food is like as the VQ for the QS location filled very quickly after opening.

All in all, while it was a nice one time visit (Universal Hollywood's version, to be clear), it wasn't spectacular and certainly nothing we will go out of our way to do again.

It was unfortunate as we both have fond memories of Mario from childhood, and DD loved the new movie. I wanted it to be so much better than it actually was.
I agree the Mario ride was poop but the atmosphere is fantastic plus this will have the Toshiba ride and the donkey Kong ride too.

Angel Ariel

I agree the Mario ride was poop but the atmosphere is fantastic plus this will have the Toshiba ride and the donkey Kong ride too.
The theming is well done - though very much audio-overload. They could use a better balance with the background music and mini game sounds. I hope UO's is bigger In area - though it sounds like it will be at least some if there's 2 more attractions. That could help some of the audio overload too.

CampbellzSoup

The theming is well done - though very much audio-overload. They could use a better balance with the background music and mini game sounds. I hope UO's is bigger In area - though it sounds like it will be at least some if there's 2 more attractions. That could help some of the audio overload too.
When I first walked into that world, I’m telling you, my jaw dropped as I’m sure it’ll have that effect on many people as well. I think the Mario ride isn’t the market for us more for kids who will eat this up

PS I don’t know why my Siri called Yoshi Toshiba? Lol

seabreezept813

With another Mario movie on the way and more Nintendo movies being licensed it’s going to be big…I agree with you and I see this as a super positive as competition is always good for us.

What are the other themes that you think are gonna smash?
How exclusive are the Mario rides? And are there enough other rides in the parks for little kids? That would be what I question to see if Disney guests get pushed to Universal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom