Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Chi84

Premium Member
Primo Piatto at Riviera fantastic quick service location!

Shares kitchen with the sit down bar next door. So burgers and other food there is high quality and still same prices as other quick service. Even give you a set of utensils with a cloth napkin.

People say it has one of the best breakfasts on property, and that’s comparing it against sit down places.

I had the burger two days ago.
Primo Piatto is excellent and reasonably priced.

TrainsOfDisney

You want them to “swallow” the price and then move on to what they’re gonna do. It’s why cruises are booming now…
Honestly - cruises are such a good value and they take away so much of the hassle of travel.

Shares kitchen with the sit down bar next door. So burgers and other food there is high quality and still same prices as other quick service. Even give you a set of utensils with a cloth napkin.
$13 burger and fries though. Which isn’t crazy - but still. I was very pleasantly surprised with the food at the port orleans quick service on my last visit.

Prince-1

People say it has one of the best breakfasts on property, and that’s comparing it against sit down places.

I had the burger two days ago.

Not sure if it’s the best QS breakfast, but it’s definitely one of them.

celluloid

Not only have they turned their back on their core customer…they said they were gonna do it intentionally for 10 years. The bill looks to be coming due.
The Hubris is wild.

the studies have shown, legit that the most loyal advocates of a brand are about 20 percent of the total audience, however,
they are 80 percent plus of the revenue.

Iger found out the hard way that statistic is very true.

davis_unoxx

Honestly - cruises are such a good value and they take away so much of the hassle of travel.

$13 burger and fries though. Which isn’t crazy - but still. I was very pleasantly surprised with the food at the port orleans quick service on my last visit.
I got you!

If I’m paying the prices I want that higher quality haha. It’s very weird same prices at the riviera one as one for example at All Stars if totally different quality!

I do one meal a day for intermittent fasting, so definitely helps with Disney prices LOL.

CampbellzSoup

I know people like to downplay it, but Nintendo is going to be absolutely huge in Orlando . Trust me when I went to Universal Studios Hollywood. They couldn’t keep the merchandise on the shelves. It was literally being taken out of the boxes when they were opening it I said to myself if it is crazy here, imagine it when it comes to Florida…

TrainsOfDisney

If I’m paying the prices I want that higher quality haha. It’s very weird same prices at the riviera one as one for example at All Stars if totally different quality!
The coffee shop at the riviera is really good too - much better pastries than the typcial pastry cases across property.

Another favorite of mine on the skyliner is spyglass grill at Caribbean beach

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know people like to downplay it, but Nintendo is going to be absolutely huge in Orlando . Trust me when I went to Universal Studios Hollywood. They couldn’t keep the merchandise on the shelves. It was literally being taken out of the boxes when they were opening it I said to myself if it is crazy here, imagine it when it comes to Florida…
I actually think if they execute well…3 of the themes are gonna be smash hits

wdwfan4ver

I agree Nintendo is going to be Huge in Orlando. I do know Super Nintendo Land is still busy in Hollywood Studios Japan and that is before Mine Cart Madness opens there based on what I heard.

I do know Universal wants to do more Nintendo IPs in their Orlando Parks in the future after Epic Universe opens.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
With another Mario movie on the way and more Nintendo movies being licensed it’s going to be big…I agree with you and I see this as a super positive as competition is always good for us.

What are the other themes that you think are gonna smash?
Potter fans are bigger in the parks than anything Disney has now

And the monsters land is gonna be a big draw

I’ll take a stab at the other two: Dark Universe and Potter.
Correct

Though good rides can be great with any theme so dragons have potential

When you make bad rides only because you want a theme…that’s were you have trouble

Vegas Disney Fan

I actually think if they execute well…3 of the themes are gonna be smash hits
Personally, I'm most excited for the Train your Dragons land, the Dark Universe, and the central gardens area.

I have very little interest in the Nintendo land beyond really wanting to ride the Donkey Kong coaster, I've watched videos from USH and it just doesn't feel like a place I'll want to hang out.

I'm excited for the new Potter land but not nearly excited as I was for Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley, we love Paris so it may surprise us but from just watching construction videos it also doesn't feel like a place I'll want to hang out.

I point that out simply to highlight that I think Universal did a great job of picking varied themes that will appeal to everyone, I'm probably least excited for the lands most people are most excited for, but because I'm super excited for Dragons and Dark Universe I'd guess I'm just as excited for the park itself as the people who can't wait for Potter and Nintendo. There's something for everyone.

Disstevefan1

The parks are not close to “mobbed”

What happened is they intentionally fell behind on attractions for 20 years to increase prices and then try to repackage and resell the same products each day…

And those torpedoes turned 180 degrees and headed back to them now

It takes time to ruin Nearly 70 years of park reputation

Bob would not be denied
Yes, mobbed is the wrong word. We are so used to shoulder to shoulder crowded conditions just normal crowds and one hour standbys are considered a low crowd day.

Whatever we want to call it, folks who can handle the heat should take advantage of it and enjoy the parks with "lower" crowd levels.

Side note - I heard a rumor SeaWorld Orlando was closed to capacity on the 4th? Is this true?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom