Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Disstevefan1

Sure, but a ton of guests still don’t have a car while staying on property
I agree, Disney knew this and that is why they knew they could save costs by taking the perk of magical express away.

Folks still show up.

I sincerely do not know if there is an end to the cost cutting WDW will do. They may claim attendance is down, but the reality is the parks are just mobbed and not super mobbed.

I have said in other posts, it’s probably smart for Disney to wait and see what happens with EPIC and just continue to do what they are doing, cut, cut, cut offerings and raise, raise, raise prices.

Tha Realest

Any number of places in the area of Queens that I work in. Just going by the last couple of days I had a steak bowl and soda from chipotle the other day and it was $19. Also had a salad with shredded beef from a Venezuelan place that was almost $20 without a drink.
This is also why I think we keep hearing about a cascade of local and chain restaurants and the like that are closing. Everything, everywhere, has gotten impossibly expensive.

Lilofan

Any number of places in the area of Queens that I work in. Just going by the last couple of days I had a steak bowl and soda from chipotle the other day and it was $19. Also had a salad with shredded beef from a Venezuelan place that was almost $20 without a drink.
Go to Jackson Heights and Astoria and eat cheap, good and plentiful. We love it there.

the_rich

Go to Jackson Heights and Astoria and eat cheap, good and plentiful. We love it there.
I live close to both of those places. It's very easy to spend $20 on lunch. Of course there are places where you can get a good deal. Like sal, Kris and Charlie's where you can get a sandwich for $20 that would feed at least 2 people. But that's the exception not the rule

TrainsOfDisney

Just going by the last couple of days I had a steak bowl and soda from chipotle the other day and it was $19.
The beef bowl at Sautuli Canteen is $14.49 + drink @ $4.49 = $18.98

Those are pretty standard chipotle prices - my local small town chipotle is $13 for a veggie bowl and drink. Steak would be $2 more and then if you add guac to that it would be about $19.

the_rich

The beef bowl at Sautuli Canteen is $14.49 + drink @ $4.49 = $18.98

Those are pretty standard chipotle prices - my local small town chipotle is $13 for a veggie bowl and drink. Steak would be $2 more and then if you add guac to that it would be about $19.
If I got guac it wouldve been about $22. I got shrimp tacos at abc commissary with a bottle of water for like $16 a few weeks ago. My point is that Disney food prices arent really high for someone coming from NYC.

Lilofan

I live close to both of those places. It's very easy to spend $20 on lunch. Of course there are places where you can get a good deal. Like sal, Kris and Charlie's where you can get a sandwich for $20 that would feed at least 2 people. But that's the exception not the rule
There are Many places one can eat well for under $20 in bare bones environment. It is the most diverse places we can get food from many parts of the world in Queens.

celluloid

We haven’t been tracking this…but I can’t imagine them NOT doing massive staffing squeeze/reductions

Been along time since mandatory 4 days…or they can just bring chapek back and they can stupidly lay everyone off again

They won't have much of a choice. Once EPIC expansion opens with its parks, hotel and even more back of house support, the novelty of working for something new and likely getting treated much better is going to cause WDW a lot of trouble.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They won't have much of a choice. Once EPIC expansion opens with its parks, hotel and even more back of house support, the novelty of working for something new and likely getting treated much better is going to cause WDW a lot of trouble.
They also don’t hesitate to do a $2 bump to lure people away.

Why? Because their margins are still ridiculous and they aren’t spoiled by them.

Someone is trying to just milk the cows harder

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I agree, Disney knew this and that is why they knew they could save costs by taking the perk of magical express away.

Folks still show up.

I sincerely do not know if there is an end to the cost cutting WDW will do. They may claim attendance is down, but the reality is the parks are just mobbed and not super mobbed.

I have said in other posts, it’s probably smart for Disney to wait and see what happens with EPIC and just continue to do what they are doing, cut, cut, cut offerings and raise, raise, raise prices.
The parks are not close to “mobbed”

What happened is they intentionally fell behind on attractions for 20 years to increase prices and then try to repackage and resell the same products each day…

And those torpedoes turned 180 degrees and headed back to them now

It takes time to ruin Nearly 70 years of park reputation

Bob would not be denied

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

Flatlined? Some are flipping burgers for over $20 per hour. I was flipping burgers for $3.35 per hour when I was younger.
Unfortunately for Disney minimum wage increases don’t help because minimum wage workers have never been their target demographic, even at $20 an hour the fast food workers in CA are extremely unlikely to be able to drop hundreds on a Disney trip, the middle class, Disneys bread and butter, are really hurting from wage stagnation and inflation though.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We're getting closer and closer to the extreme, ultimate result of the strategic planning group. Still chasing efficiencies that, even if they look like are effective on the surface, continue to chip away at guest satisfaction. They have blown through the obvious ones that most guests would not notice (ie only selling one kind of french fry), the less obvious and slightly annoying ones that still get enough buy in (overall homogenization of key counter service products across all parks and resorts), so what's left is this crap.
Strategic planning is a long used pressure point…like EISNER RUINED DCA!!! 🙄

…but that doesn’t cover what we have seen the last 15+ years

Making profits was always the goal…and that brought ugliness. But the amount of damage this pack of clowns to reputation and tradition they have deliberately done will last for decades at this point. They can’t go back.

A bunch of “entertainment tech stock geniuses” that are terrible at entertainment, tech and understanding how to handle markets.

Bad

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m not saying that this is not true, but I think the major issue is value.

Which you don’t want your customers scrutinizing if you’re in entertainment and travel.

You want them to “swallow” the price and then move on to what they’re gonna do. It’s why cruises are booming now…

You don’t want them saying “and what else?” Every second of every day. It doesn’t breed loyalty or free spending

Disney has always been expensive - but the value was there. Now that is not always the case.
Not only have they turned their back on their core customer…they said they were gonna do it intentionally for 10 years. The bill looks to be coming due.
The best example ever - raise prices on a waffle and cut out 2 ingredients (strawberries and blueberries) - that is the problem. Sure you still get a waffle, Nutella, and fruit - but you used to get more ingredients for less money.
Death by a thousand cuts…we discuss it every day here. Wasn’t always that way…not close

davis_unoxx

IMG_6880.jpeg

At what places?
Primo Piatto at Riviera fantastic quick service location!

Shares kitchen with the sit down bar next door. So burgers and other food there is high quality and still same prices as other quick service. Even give you a set of utensils with a cloth napkin.

People say it has one of the best breakfasts on property, and that’s comparing it against sit down places.

I had the burger two days ago.

Attachments

• IMG_6944.jpeg
    IMG_6944.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 41

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom