Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Chi84

Premium Member
Yes. It's hard for me to see a path forward out of this unless the leadership is willing to take hits on profits for a period of time to rebuild the brand to what it was in the past. Because they need to cut prices, invest in building/plussing, hire significantly, etc in order to reverse the trends going on. Basically, they need to go back to "wowing" guests as opposed to having them just tolerate what they get as a "rite of passage" and think they are replaceable.
At this point I think the only way that will happen is if they sell the parks to someone who still cares about those things. If anyone does.

doctornick

At this point I think the only way that will happen is if they sell the parks to someone who still cares about those things. If anyone does.

I don't see that as a positive. Anyone buying the parks would be doing so only to squeeze them dry of any revenue. I think it would only be worse for the parks.

Our best hope is that leadership ay TWDC starts caring more about the "brand" and how everything is interrelated and gives the parks the proper investment and loving care it needs to help the reputation. It would probably take some changes in leadership though. But the parks going back to the old amazing experience would be something much more valuable as part of a entire Disney ethos than for a third party that would just be looking for profits.

Chi84

Premium Member
I don't see that as a positive. Anyone buying the parks would be doing so only to squeeze them dry of any revenue. I think it would only be worse for the parks.

Our best hope is that leadership ay TWDC starts caring more about the "brand" and how everything is interrelated and gives the parks the proper investment and loving care it needs to help the reputation. It would probably take some changes in leadership though. But the parks going back to the old amazing experience would be something much more valuable as part of an entire Disney ethos than for a third party that would just be looking for profits.
Right. Thats why I said “someone who cares” as the third party. It’s unlikely.

doctornick

Right. Thats why I said “someone who cares” as the third party. It’s unlikely.

No one "who cares" would remotely be willing to pay the massive costs that would be associated from buying the parks from Disney. And then spending even more to bring them up to snuff. The only companies that would be interested and able would be those who want to accelerate cuts, increasing upcharges, and squeezing every penny.

There's no OLC out there. If there were, they'd save that money and just build there own park with love for far cheaper. It's a nice pipe dream but completely implausible.

Last edited:

Jrb1979

No one "who cares" would remotely be willing to pay the massive costs that would be associated from buying the parks from Disney. And then spending even more much to bring them up to snuff. The only companies that would be interested and able would be those who want to accelerate cuts, increasing upcharges, and squeezing every penny.

There's no OLC out there. If there were, they'd save that money and just build there own park with love for far cheaper. It's a nice pipe dream but completely implausible.
Six Flags over Orlando has a nice ring to it

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is the problem to me:

If the parks are packed, the Powers that Be say "oh we are drawing crowds, no reason to do anything over the top, we can cut back on services and activities because people will just accept what we give them. and then are replaceable if they don't want to:

But when the attendance falls, the same folks are saying "we aren't making as much money, so we need to cut services and staffing and not build anything new because we cannot justify it with our revenues"

Basically, no matter what the situation, they are finding a justification to not invest and to cut things to the bone. :( The idea of offering more than expected and plussing to create lifetime customers seems to be a completely foreign idea to this company now. I admittedly remain a bit cynical about all the rumored "large investments" coming because it seems difficult to expect this company to be proactive and have forethought in that way.

Indeed…it’s the downward spiral of bad management

Remember: those people hate the theme park business and even worse…hate the customers.

That was NOT the Disney way prior. Don’t tell yourself otherwise.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The crowds next year at WDW will feel bigger...

mostly because of staffing issues causing inefficiency and limited (not time) offerings.
We haven’t been tracking this…but I can’t imagine them NOT doing massive staffing squeeze/reductions

Been along time since mandatory 4 days…or they can just bring chapek back and they can stupidly lay everyone off again

Lilofan

Wow, it looks to be about 25 % or a little more of their usual amount of guests. When we went to Disney, we always had to wait on the porch for our reservations. Then when we got inside, it was always, always super crowded. We always waited whatever it took to get in because the food was so good. This really shows the reality of Disney's problem with reservations and decreased crowds. Sad to see.
Servers had a lucrative gig when dining location was packed. Making min wage plus tips doesn’t bode well.

Dranth

There are folks who ONLY vacation at WDW and HATE Universal because they are not Disney.
There are folks who HATE DISNEY and only vacation at Universal.
Very few people are that level of over the top fan boys and honestly, if they are, who cares what they think. They are just limiting their own potential enjoyment.

Reality is that most people don't hate any of the parks in Orlando, they just may not be for them.

Touchdown

It's one of the better Six Flags parks. It changed from a Theme park to a coaster park.
There is only one good legacy Six Flags Park: Fiesta Texas, and two nice parks: Over Texas and Over Georgia. Great America is not a good park, I’m a coaster nut, it’s my closest big park and I can count on one hand how often I’ve gone in the last 10 years. I wave to it as I drive to Sandusky, Cincinnati, Santa Claus or Pigeon Forge to visit their far better parks.

JD80

Being from Jersey, Great America brings back memories. That log flume was the first "drop" I went on as a little kid.

Edit: lol I'm dumb Great Adventure is in. NJ.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom