Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Touchdown

Let’s see what happens to the Cedar Fair parks with the Six merger. I’m worried, Universal Orlando I feel stands with Disney pretty well. Here’s the parks that I feel provide an excellent experience that while they aren’t Disney I regularly have a great time at:

Allied Parks: Pretty much every park that isn’t Seasme Place (haven’t been to them as a single adult male) but I’ve frankly avoided BGT for a while and feel that park is the black sheep of the chain. Just had my first trip to Discovery Cove, and wow was that a blast.

Herchunds Parks: Dollywood and Silver Dollar City. Phenomenal parks that I could eat and watch shows all day, but the rides are a blast too. These parks particularly shine during their Christmas Events.

Cedar Fair Parks: Cedar Point, Knotts Berry Farm, Kings Island. You’re going to have a great time at these 3 gems.

Six Flags: The only park with wide appeal outside of coaster lovers is Fiesta Texas.

Palace Parks: Kennywood, if you ever wanted to experience what a park was like in the golden age (1920s) this park is great living museum

Independent Parks: Hersheypark is a great park run by the candy company. However the true gem of this category is Holiday World and Splashin Safari in Santa Claus, IN. Family run, they include unlimited Pepsi and sunscreen with admission and is exceptionally well run. The water park is one of the best in the country and has 3 water coasters. At the amusement park they have 3 wooden coasters that top most charts, including the Voyage which regularly tops the lists of most enthusiasts as their favorite wooden coaster period.

Trauma

Ha, I mean, fair enough. But how long ago were you at those parks (like kings dominion or budch gsrdens)? Like I said, I never would have compared til 4 or 5 years ago. Cedar point really upped their game in the service/cleanliness/operations aspects, and the times I've been to WDW, they've really faltered.
I hear another little park in Orlando is going to be upping its game soon.

I really hope Epic turns out to be so amazing that Disney won’t be able to ignore it anymore.

This too big to fail attitude is getting real dangerous.

Lilofan

I hear another little park in Orlando is going to be upping its game soon.

I really hope Epic turns out to be so amazing that Disney won’t be able to ignore it anymore.

This too big to fail attitude is getting real dangerous.
Are they even advertising in Orlando ? I landed at MCO recently and did not even see advertisement on Epic to be opening.

Trauma

Are they even advertising in Orlando ? I landed at MCO recently and did not even see advertisement on Epic to be opening.
I would assume they are waiting until they have an opening date?

But I don’t know much about how these marketing campaigns usually play out, so I could be completely wrong.

James Alucobond

Even if it is amazing, you’re not guaranteed to see Disney actually care. The question is whether or not it hits a vacation saturation point at which the parks start to cannibalize attendance from one another. And even if they do start dramatically impacting one another rather than seeing all ships rise, the most likely near-term victim is the original USF.

Trauma

I guess the point I’m trying to make is even if you love Disney, you should be rooting for Universal to hit a grand slam here.

Competition is a good thing, I would love for nothing more then an escalating Theme park war between the Mouse and Universal.

Chances might be remote, but it would be great news for theme park fans everywhere.

James Alucobond

I guess the point I’m trying to make is even if you love Disney, you should be rooting for Universal to hit a grand slam here.

Competition is a good thing, I would love for nothing more then an escalating Theme park war between the Mouse and Universal.

Chances might be remote, but it would be great news for theme park fans everywhere.
They’re theme parks. There’s really no reason anyone should be rooting against the success of anything unless they have some weird fan complex. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Touchdown

IMG_5265.jpeg
IMG_5267.jpeg
IMG_5266.jpeg
screenshot_638538212898157390.png
IMG_5271.jpeg
IMG_5275.jpeg
IMG_5277.jpeg
IMG_5279.jpeg
IMG_5269.jpeg

Just look at this, doesn’t this look amazing and it’s opening in less than a year. Looking at the model How to Train Your Dragon Land nearly contains as many rides as all of Animal Kingdom. As a theme park fan I do not know how you can’t be excited to see the first major theme park open with a full slate of attractions for the first time in this country in 26 years.

Last edited:

Trauma

They’re theme parks. There’s really no reason anyone should be rooting against the success of anything unless they have some weird fan complex. 🤷🏻‍♂️
This stuff happens all the time.

Ever hear the kids arguing about Xbox or PlayStation?

I don’t understand it myself, I want Disney and Universal to succeed. However for whatever reason people will become tribal about all sorts of things.

JoeCamel

View attachment 792114View attachment 792115View attachment 792116View attachment 792117View attachment 792118View attachment 792119View attachment 792120View attachment 792121View attachment 792122

Just look at this, doesn’t this look amazing and it’s opening in less than a year. Looking at the model How to Tain Your Dragon Land nearly contains as many rides as all of Animal Kingdom. As a theme park fan I do not know how you can’t be excited to see the first major theme park open with a full slate of attractions for the first time in this country in 26 years.
I spy someone familiar

1718493702838.png

Trauma

View attachment 792114View attachment 792115View attachment 792116View attachment 792117View attachment 792118View attachment 792119View attachment 792120View attachment 792121View attachment 792122

Just look at this, doesn’t this look amazing and it’s opening in less than a year. Looking at the model How to Tain Your Dragon Land nearly contains as many rides as all of Animal Kingdom. As a theme park fan I do not know how you can’t be excited to see the first major theme park open with a full slate of attractions for the first time in this country in 26 years.
This would take 46 years to build at Disney speed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom