Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Lilofan

Well, when you have so few rides? It makes sense. They can’t have any one ride down for too long because they have no elasticity in capacity.
One time we heard through the grapevine that RnR could not open on time because not enough trained CMs came to work that morning. Opened up a few hours later. Reminds me of flying. Not enough crew the plane’s departure is affected.

JD80

As they chip away at their grossly inflated rack rates - both thru promotional discounts and quiet rollbacks - it's worth noticing that they appear to be far less willing to move on the values.

Two things in the works:

- Further capacity reduction, and

- Shifting inventory to other booking sites. It's been a bit since they dumped a mess of "less desirable" rooms out to the less-controlled corners of the internet.

Interesting times.

Can you list some rollbacks? Curious to know what you've noticed. I haven't been tracking rates in the last 3-4 months.

Minnesota disney fan

Doubt it. One day , Grigots , Transformers MIB and others kept breaking down .
I know this isn't about a long trip to Universal, but we went last year for 3 1/2 days and we went commando. Several attractions all day long. During that time NONE of the attractions were closed down. That includes both parks (we don't do the water parks). It was so nice to be able to go to an attraction, ride it, and continue on to where we wanted to go without delays. Maybe we were lucky? Don't know for sure. I do know that WDW has way more closed down attractions than I have ever experienced in all my years of going to WDW, from l977 to present. I think people might get "used" to seeing this all the time and consider it normal. I don't know, but I do know it is way more than used to be and there is no good excuse, IMO, for this to happen so often.

Trauma

I know this isn't about a long trip to Universal, but we went last year for 3 1/2 days and we went commando. Several attractions all day long. During that time NONE of the attractions were closed down. That includes both parks (we don't do the water parks). It was so nice to be able to go to an attraction, ride it, and continue on to where we wanted to go without delays. Maybe we were lucky? Don't know for sure. I do know that WDW has way more closed down attractions than I have ever experienced in all my years of going to WDW, from l977 to present. I think people might get "used" to seeing this all the time and consider it normal. I don't know, but I do know it is way more than used to be and there is no good excuse, IMO, for this to happen so often.
Read your post so I randomly opened MDE. Took me 3 seconds to find the first one
IMG_0172.png

LSLS

When anyone here compares regional parks to WDW I realize how diverse the fandom is.
Honestly it's a much bigger indictment of how Disney has fallen. We would go regional every once in a while cause it was cheap and easy, but it was in no way comparable, just a fun other thing to do. The last 5 years, they have started becoming more comparable. Not the theming (though there seems to be a push at the regional level to get more theming going), but the cleanliness/service/operations are absolutely on the same level of WDW at this point, and at a cost of around 1/5th the price. Now, that's with saying my regional park comparison is Cedar Point, so one of the best of them.

_caleb

Honestly it's a much bigger indictment of how Disney has fallen. We would go regional every once in a while cause it was cheap and easy, but it was in no way comparable, just a fun other thing to do. The last 5 years, they have started becoming more comparable. Not the theming (though there seems to be a push at the regional level to get more theming going), but the cleanliness/service/operations are absolutely on the same level of WDW at this point, and at a cost of around 1/5th the price. Now, that's with saying my regional park comparison is Cedar Point, so one of the best of them.
LOL these are my local options:

and

But I've been a season pass holder for Busch Gardens Williamsburg and King's Dominion, and in my mind, I'd never even compare those with Disney parks.

DisneyHead123

I think it's hard to compare because it's so subjective. It's kind of like how people who love NYC absolutely rave about the magic of NYC and when I stand in Times Square I'm just like... "I don't get it. What is supposed to be happening here? What amazing experience am I supposed to be having?" If I say Strasburg Pa is 10x better, they can point out that NYC is objectively elebenty billion times bigger and has thousands of things to do, but people like what they like.

TrainsOfDisney

Yeah! I love spending a couple days there when the railroad is doing an event - like when 611 visited. Between the railroad museum, model trains, and Strasburg Railroad I can spend lots of time there and there are several little local restaurants that I enjoy - speckled hen for Breakfast and coffee!

LSLS

LOL these are my local options:

and

But I've been a season pass holder for Busch Gardens Williamsburg and King's Dominion, and in my mind, I'd never even compare those with Disney parks.
Ha, I mean, fair enough. But how long ago were you at those parks (like kings dominion or budch gsrdens)? Like I said, I never would have compared til 4 or 5 years ago. Cedar point really upped their game in the service/cleanliness/operations aspects, and the times I've been to WDW, they've really faltered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom