Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Andrew25

That tracks, given Seaworld is extremely reliant on local and discounted admission visitors. They need to make up for lost admission revenue
Sure, but how sustainable is it? Long-term, I just can't see it work out.

Sounds like dining operational changes could be on the horizon by the end of summer.
They've already dropped the quality on some of my favorite food items... what's next?

DisneyCane

Yeah, inflation in my area has just been relentless. At first I was able to maintain with few changes to my grocery shopping habits because my son kept outgrowing expensive stuff (diapers, formula, infant daycare, $20 a gallon hypoallergenic goat's milk [not even kidding], etc.) and thankfully we got some cost of living adjustments to pay (for which I am sooo grateful, because I know many people didn't.)

Even with that, these past few months I've noticed household items and grocery are just cannibalizing the monthly budget. The prices just keep going up. Definitely going to start making some changes to what we eat and buy, and will cut back on the "splurge" type stuff on our next Disney trip.
Even though it has been a few years, I still can't get used to grocery/staple inflation. I can not believe what the total comes to when I check out at the grocery store, Walmart or Target. The cost vs. what I see in my cart is a massive disconnect. We've always done efficient grocery shopping by planning meals that last several days so there is really no opportunity to cut the cost unless we started eating Ramen noodles for half our meals or something like that.

Thankfully, I can afford the increases but it takes away from our discretionary spending budget. There are things we used to spend money on without thinking that we now consider whether we should do. With our passes, we used to head up to WDW on a whim whenever the opportunity presented itself. Now, many times we'll decide to save the gas and lodging money and wait to head up until the next opportunity.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

I'm local, and I visit WDW often just for lunch or dinner as it's higher quality (most of the time) and quicker service. A new chicken tender place (Slim Chickens) opened in Celebration a few months ago and a 4-pece tender meal w/ fries is about $10.79 with no drink... nearly the same price as WDW ($10.99).

Meanwhile we're lucky a WDW executive hasn't seen SeaWorld's pricing... $19.79 for (3) tenders and fries.
We were historically disappointed in SeaWorld's food offerings. Always very expensive and we were never excited about the offerings, $19.79 for chicken tenders is ridiculous.

A long time ago they had a pizza buffet in the building they used to give the beer away. We loved that place, sure it wasn't the best pizza but it had all you can eat pizza, salad, desserts and drink refills,

When they closed we again had no place we liked to eat again.

Lilofan

I'm local, and I visit WDW often just for lunch or dinner as it's higher quality (most of the time) and quicker service. A new chicken tender place (Slim Chickens) opened in Celebration a few months ago and a 4-pece tender meal w/ fries is about $10.79 with no drink... nearly the same price as WDW ($10.99).

Meanwhile we're lucky a WDW executive hasn't seen SeaWorld's pricing... $19.79 for (3) tenders and fries.
Go across the street on 192 at Celebration. The Golden Corral is $11.49 all u can eat over 100 items for lunch. You prepay before sitting down , get free ice water then when the server gives you the check they ask if you like coffee. We accept since the server won't charge for it.

Lilofan

Except then you would have to eat food from The Golden Corral.
The place is packed every time we go when in town. Locals, a number of athletic teams, once we saw approx 80 members of the LSU football team and fellow tourists enjoy the food. We certainly do so for the price point we are happy campers but haters always going to hate. Its a no brainer when one pays $11 for a small combo and the tremendous value that we pay for at GC buffet for $11.49.

Dranth

The place is packed every time we go when in town. Locals, a number of athletic teams and fellow tourists enjoy the food. We certainly do so for the price point we are happy campers but haters always going to hate.
The ones near us are crowed all the time as well. I just never had a good experience personally.

Grimley1968

The ones near us are crowed all the time as well. I just never had a good experience personally.
Here as well. My civic club used to have our meetings at the local GC, because it was frankly the easiest place to do so, since we require buffet-style dining and a large separate room we could use for meetings. But the local GC and several GC's in our region were owned by a group that fiscally mismanaged their overall holdings, and they eventually went bankrupt and the GC's closed as part of the bankruptcy, despite always being busy. I hate that some people lost their jobs, but don't in the slightest miss GC locally. I could barely stomach their food, despite the variety. I've had school cafeteria food that was tastier.

DisneyHead123

Even though it has been a few years, I still can't get used to grocery/staple inflation. I can not believe what the total comes to when I check out at the grocery store, Walmart or Target. The cost vs. what I see in my cart is a massive disconnect. We've always done efficient grocery shopping by planning meals that last several days so there is really no opportunity to cut the cost unless we started eating Ramen noodles for half our meals or something like that.

Thankfully, I can afford the increases but it takes away from our discretionary spending budget. There are things we used to spend money on without thinking that we now consider whether we should do. With out passes, we used to head up to WDW on a whim whenever the opportunity presented itself. Now, many time we'll decide to save the gas and lodging money and wait to head up until the next opportunity.
It's so frustrating! I think at a minimum I'm moving to all generic brands for household products unless something is on sale. I'm pretty attached to Tide pods but not at these prices, lol.

Andrew25

Go across the street on 192 at Celebration. The Golden Corral is $11.49 all u can eat over 100 items for lunch. You prepay before sitting down , get free ice water then when the server gives you the check they ask if you like coffee. We accept since the server won't charge for it.
No thanks. I'll just head on over to Slim Chickens at the new Celebration Pointe.

Heck, the new Raising Cane's (and Portillo's) has chicken tenders just 2 mins away from the SeaWorld parking lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom