Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The one thing I lament about WDW QS is why can't it be more like DLR's - so much more variety. We have our favorites we return to in both places of course, but man outside of epcot (festivals more often than not), QS is just sad at WDW.
Oh and churros are way too expensive. $6+$? So ridiculous.
The quickserve in Orlando is a little better than it was…but Disneyland is better.

But then again…sitdowns in Orlando are way better.

People probably don’t realize that now cause they stopped going 🤪

TrainsOfDisney

It was NEVER a value. For folks who think it is, I feel very sorry for you because your local cost of living is OUT OF CONTROL!!!!
Chicken bowl at the avatar canteen is $13.29
I just paid $9.10 for a burrito at chipotle.

That’s the kind of premium I expect to pay at a theme park - reasonable.

$80 for Cinderella Castle (plus tax and tip!) is just insane to me.

TrainsOfDisney

The quickserve in Orlando is a little better than it was…but Disneyland is better.
I’ve had some pretty good quick serve at WDW on recent trips actually - Port Orleans food court was excellent and of course I always love the food at Avatar.

Disneyland hit an all time low coming out of Covid and it’s getting better but not what it used to be that’s for sure. I haven’t been back to try the food at Tianas though and it looks like a nice menu.

Angel Ariel

But then again…sitdowns in Orlando are way better.

People probably don’t realize that now cause they stopped going 🤪
Agreed overall on sit downs. Though I will say I thoroughly enjoyed Ralph Brennan's (DTd), Cafe Orleans and Lamplight Lounge for dinners this year in DLR. I miss Blue Bayou's ambience, but the price is just too much these days. The lobster nachos at LL were really good, and I generally very much dislike all seafood - so that's pretty big praise from me 😂

Club Cooloholic

The one thing I lament about WDW QS is why can't it be more like DLR's - so much more variety. We have our favorites we return to in both places of course, but man outside of epcot (festivals more often than not), QS is just sad at WDW.
Oh and churros are way too expensive. $6+$? So ridiculous.
Totally agree. DLR has many more healthier, unique options, we always get some salads and pastas for the kids at the place near Pixar Pier, the sourdough soup bowls are cool etc.
And churros and pretzels are ridiculous when they start costing the same as what they charge at pro stadiums.

ConfettiCupcake

Agreed. I expect a premium and am fine with it. I think quite a bit of the table service options have far exceeded what used to be an appropriate premium compared to the outside world.

Some of them have nearly doubled their own pricing in a decade. I just searched a couple character meals as a random example, in 2014 CP breakfast was 26.99/15, today it’s $48/$30. In 2015 breakfast at Chef Mickeys was $37.99/$19.99, today it’s $54/$34. Depressing.

Last edited:

Angel Ariel

Agreed. I expect a premium and am fine with it. I think quite a bit of the table service options have far exceeded what used to be an appropriate premium compared to the outside world.

Some of them have nearly doubled their own pricing in a decade. I just searched a couple character meals as a random example, in 2014 breakfast was 26.99/15, today it’s $48/$30. In 2015 breakfast at Chef Mickeys was $37.99/$19.99, today it’s $54/$34. Depressing.
All of it - foods hotels - it's all exponentially increased.

We stayed at the grand Floridian on our honeymoon for around 360/night, perfect MK view. We had extra magic hours at MK at night until 2 or 3am, had magical express. That same room is now more than double the cost, no magical express, closing significantly earlier. It's depressing and frustrating (and a reason we don't stay onsite anymore)

Last edited:

DisneyHead123

But home is nuts…which is also hurting Disney too
Yeah, inflation in my area has just been relentless. At first I was able to maintain with few changes to my grocery shopping habits because my son kept outgrowing expensive stuff (diapers, formula, infant daycare, $20 a gallon hypoallergenic goat's milk [not even kidding], etc.) and thankfully we got some cost of living adjustments to pay (for which I am sooo grateful, because I know many people didn't.)

Even with that, these past few months I've noticed household items and grocery are just cannibalizing the monthly budget. The prices just keep going up. Definitely going to start making some changes to what we eat and buy, and will cut back on the "splurge" type stuff on our next Disney trip.

ConfettiCupcake

We stayed at the grand Floridian on our honeymoon for around 360/night, perfect MK view. We had extra magic hours at MK at night until 2 or 3am, had magical express. That same room is now more than double the cost, no magical express, closing significantly earlier. It's depressing and frustrating (and a reason we don't stay inside anymore)

It all really is depressing.

If they’re hitting a wall when it comes to what people are willing to keep shelling out, good. Couldn’t happen soon enough.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

We stayed at the grand Floridian on our honeymoon for around 360/night, perfect MK view. We had extra magic hours at MK at night until 2 or 3am, had magical express. That same room is now more than double the cost, no magical express, closing significantly earlier. It's depressing and frustrating (and a reason we don't stay onsite anymore)
And the cumulative effect - especially in Orlando - is something often denied by the apologists.

Increasing everything 10% twice a year is NOT normal inflation. It’s crushing when you pay it 168 hours straight.

And it’s really turning people off.

orion54

And the cumulative effect - especially in Orlando - is something often denied by the apologists.

Increasing everything 10% twice a year is NOT normal inflation. It’s crushing when you pay it 168 hours straight.

And it’s really turning people off.
Add to this the lack of product development in terms of increasing capacity, innovation, immersion, etc. Instead all Disney management did was put everything behind a paywall and jack prices on 30-50 year old rides while not maintaining them.

This current management is great at one thing...destroying money printing machines.

Club Cooloholic

Exactly. Some fast food combos have hit double digits, heck I walked into a Five Guys after not being in one in years, looked at the prices, with the small burger at $8, larger one was like $11 and that was for just the burger, and I walked right out.
A half chicken platter at Flame Tree is about the same price as at a Boston Market..if you can find one.

easyrowrdw

Some of them have nearly doubled their own pricing in a decade. I just searched a couple character meals as a random example, in 2014 CP breakfast was 26.99/15, today it’s $48/$30. In 2015 breakfast at Chef Mickeys was $37.99/$19.99, today it’s $54/$34. Depressing.
The character meals are very expensive but I think many of the table service restaurants are fine. Well, at the least the ones where you pay the dish, rather than a fixed price.

Andrew25

I'm local, and I visit WDW often just for lunch or dinner as it's higher quality (most of the time) and quicker service. A new chicken tender place (Slim Chickens) opened in Celebration a few months ago and a 4-pece tender meal w/ fries is about $10.79 with no drink... nearly the same price as WDW ($10.99).

Meanwhile we're lucky a WDW executive hasn't seen SeaWorld's pricing... $19.79 for (3) tenders and fries.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom