Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

AEfx

At some point people just can’t afford it. The dining prices are getting really out of hand, and I say that as someone with no kids. Can’t even imagine trying to pay for 2 adults and 2 kids. It’s just crazy.

I think this every time I am at the grocery store - let alone when it comes to WDW, which I agree - I just cannot imagine how much people have to spend on food, especially if they are isolated on site and can't even get off property for breakfast/snacks.

Nubs70

I think the kid's prices are a big deal because so many kids want like three nuggets and some fries.

I also think the food quality seems to have gone down a bit recently. And that's coming from me, who is a super bland eater and not at all adventurous. But even for me, some of the buffet foods and prix fixe menus have gotten a bit homogenous.
It's all about the margin... not the margarine

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
1. Eh, it's scummy for Disney to classify a 10 year-old as an adult.
2. Okay. I couldn't say. We haven't done any fixed price meals with my non-kid kids.
3. If they're kids, then I think people feel fine paying kid prices for them.

Your new profile picture is very funny btw.
It’s the established price
It’s really no different than going to the grocery store and giving $5 for a $10 item.

Do I personally agree with their pricing and policies? Not at all

But when I walk through a gate order at a restaurant…I by default have.

We can charge whatever we want for our kids at home to eat. Freedom of choice. No hostages

Nubs70

I think this every time I am at the grocery store - let alone when it comes to WDW, which I agree - I just cannot imagine how much people have to spend on food, especially if they are isolated on site and can't even get off property for breakfast/snacks.
This is why so many are bypass WDW (other parks to a degree). Guests are looking to reduce the fixed costs of vacation and minimize the variable costs.

WDW is a vacation with increased fixed costs combined with "unknown" variable costs.

bwr827

WDW makes it easy to get groceries delivered and many people do that for breakfast and snacks.

Whereas at Universal we got lightly reprimanded for ordering delivery of a few items from Walmart.

CntrlFlPete

Like getting slapped with a wet fish in the face, isn’t it?

I put a picture on a thread of crystal palace at 1:15 in the afternoon a few weeks back…

Dead. Nobody on the verandas and maybe 25% at the tables

Wonder why? Can’t be that they want $64 for a 10 year old to eat, could it?

I took one around noon today. I think the morning folks had left already and the afternoon folks hadn't gotten there yet. I think I saw one person at the fish n chips pickup and two folks looking at the menu at the cash register.

240610FnC.jpg

Club Cooloholic

Quick service prices are not horrible, and I say that in the context of comparing to other theme parks. But the sit down dining is egregious. I will also throw in there snacks and drinks(both booze and non alcoholic) as horribly priced. The Mickey Bars and the beers seem to go up a dollar everytime I go. I get a beer being more pricey when in a park, helps keep some drinking down(oh again why are people behaving worse at parks now compared to the old days???) but at the resorts, charging 10 bucks for Land Shark Lager is ridiculous.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Quick service prices are not horrible, and I say that in the context of comparing to other theme parks. But the sit down dining is egregious. I will also throw in there snacks and drinks(both booze and non alcoholic) as horribly priced. The Mickey Bars and the beers seem to go up a dollar everytime I go. I get a beer being more pricey when in a park, helps keep some drinking down(oh again why are people behaving worse at parks now compared to the old days???) but at the resorts, charging 10 bucks for Land Shark Lager is ridiculous.
I agree…in most cases quickserve is the best deal…

But even those are not crowded

Angel Ariel

The one thing I lament about WDW QS is why can't it be more like DLR's - so much more variety. We have our favorites we return to in both places of course, but man outside of epcot (festivals more often than not), QS is just sad at WDW.
Oh and churros are way too expensive. $6+$? So ridiculous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom