Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Tha Realest

Who said anything about heat?

Yes, there are more variables. Wait times are not simply a function of number of guests in line.
Oracle of Orlando, if you can build a better mousetrap or have some unusual insight that everyone’s missed, please share. Many have asked you to, including Len.

Your refusal to do so continues to demonstrate bad faith, especially towards one who is unusually open about his process and data.

Tony the Tigger

But they skipped riding because they didn't think it was worth 70 minutes. So they missed out on an enjoyable experience because of bad information.

If it’s indeed being eyeballed by CMs, could this just be an instance in which reporting was delayed for whatever reason? Do we know how often they report?

Underpromise and overdeliver is basic, but that should be for maybe a 10 minute advantage, not a 40-50 minute one - which as you suggest is a bad experience overall.

Also, if a lot of people ran over because they saw a 20 minute wait, the wait time would go up pretty quickly.

So maybe if it drops to a 20 minute wait as an anomaly for what’s expected to be a short time, they leave it alone (for simplicity and/or to avoid a stampede of folks who would then be disappointed by waiting longer than 20 minutes by the time they got there?)

I’m thinking for high demand rides. Just spitballing.

easyrowrdw

There is no way WDW can do this. There is no where near enough capacity to give free Genie+ or ILL to all those deluxe rooms.
Just 4 years ago every guest at the park had access to fastpass. And every guest at a Disney hotel could book 3 in advance. Those are both far fewer than the number of deluxe resort guests. I don’t think the guest to capacity ratio has gotten so out of whack since then so as to make such a plan untenable.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Really interested in how the whole shebang falls out through the end of the long weekend. The locals are out of school, the weather's hot but not too rainy at all, Disney should theoretically be killing it right now.

Mm-hmm.
Temp is high but the humidity isn’t sweltering…it’s not that bad. Suns out, drinks out

And besides…when people plan they think it’s 85 in may anyway…the “heat” is the draw, not what scares them away

Grimley1968

I have to say that, as a resident of “summer by May 1” Kentucky, the May sun in Florida is a different beast than what even I’m used to. We went to WDW several years ago in mid May, and the temps were about what we’d have locally, but the feel of the Florida sun in the morning made me a little queasy. It was still quite crowded, though, compared to any reports I’ve seen on here recently.

JoeCamel

I have to say that, as a resident of “summer by May 1” Kentucky, the May sun in Florida is a different beast than what even I’m used to. We went to WDW several years ago in mid May, and the temps were about what we’d have locally, but the feel of the Florida sun in the morning made me a little queasy. It was still quite crowded, though, compared to any reports I’ve seen on here recently.
And after living in Florida for 20 years I went to Costa Rica in fall, I thought i knew hot but that was different level and the locals didn't notice a bit

Lilofan

Temp is high but the humidity isn’t sweltering…it’s not that bad. Suns out, drinks out

And besides…when people plan they think it’s 85 in may anyway…the “heat” is the draw, not what scares them away
Drinking continually is good, high of 97 degrees tomorrow Sun and Mon in Orlando ,can't imagine how many daily 100 degrees high coming up this summer.

Nubs70

Who said anything about heat?

Yes, there are more variables. Wait times are not simply a function of number of guests in line.
Wait times are a function of:
1. The number of people in the queue.
2. Seats per minute thruput.

If there are 100 people in line with the equivalent of 2 seats per minute dispatched, wait time is 50 minutes.

If a Brazilian tour group crashes the line and the queue rises to 180 people, the wait time grows to 90 minutes. Time to add more another vehicle to increase seats and lower wait time.

OR

Sell 80 LL passes.

Basic mass balance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom