Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

James Alucobond

You don’t actually think Bob Iger and Josh D will be the ones following them around do you?

The survey cast members following them around won’t be the ones making the future decisions
Often, in-person research is either recorded and played back for or observed live by leadership. It is incredibly common for VP and C-level leaders to be among the observers.

Vegas Disney Fan

If they’re willing to pay people for research groups it makes me wonder what they do with all the surveys I take after every trip.

Knowing what works and what doesn’t work at the parks shouldn’t take a research group, it’s common sense to everyone that actually visits the parks.

Bring back ME, eliminate G+, and eliminate reservations… that would be a great start and go a long way to salvaging the parks reputation. They’ve spent years monetizing or eliminating everything that used to be free, all while raising prices on everything else, and now they need research groups to figure out “why” attendance is down? Ridiculous.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Often, in-person research is either recorded and played back for or observed live by leadership. It is incredibly common for VP and C-level leaders to be among the observers.
In the case of Disney doing that these days and making good decisions to make things better, unfortunately I’ll believe it when I see it.

I hope that happens though

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
If they’re willing to pay people for research groups it makes me wonder what they do with all the surveys I take after every trip.

Knowing what works and what doesn’t work at the parks shouldn’t take a research group, it’s common sense to everyone that actually visits the parks.

Bring back ME, eliminate G+, and eliminate reservations… that would be a great start and go a long way to salvaging the parks reputation. They’ve spent years monetizing or eliminating everything that used to be free, all while raising prices on everything else, and now they need research groups to figure out “why” attendance is down? Ridiculous.
My thoughts as well. While the fp system is broken to some degree, G+ I think can be improved with some changes.

None of us like the upcharge for it, but aside from that, after my last 12 day trip and using it almost daily I thought if they allowed people to book their own times for attractions and not just next available, allowed you to book your first ahead of time (30 days or whatever) and had it setup where you can book another in 1 hour increments instead of 2 and only able to stack up to 3 at a time (BUT beginning from when you scan into the park, not just from park opening) that might make it better. Would like to see the ILL rides put into the LL mix however as well to help.

Vegas Disney Fan

There are plenty of employees they could use as guinea pigs. Give them a paid day off, and a $300 gift card to spend the day at the park with their families (no nametags) to tour like a "normal" family.

Most of them probably visit the parks regularly already. I have a couple CM friends and they complain about the same exact stuff we do.

bmr1591

We have to remember that online fandom isn’t always indicative of the average park guest. My wife and I went to Disney for the first time in over a decade this January. We didn’t know about anyone’s frustrations that you often see vocalized on here. Genie+ was a non issue for us. It was easy to use and we got the virtual queues we wanted. When we learned people had problems, we couldn’t imagine why. Honestly, we still struggle with people’s complaints on this. We loved Enchantment. Same with Harmonious. When we found out people on here despised them, we didn’t understand why. I’ve learned more about the reasoning of peoples displeasure for both and I get it, but if Disney had been following us around this past January, they’d have gotten way different insights than they would have from some of you.

Now, that’s not to say our opinions are correct, but my point is that it’s easy to find ourselves in an echo chamber on here and believe every Disney guest experiences the same frustrations we do. That’s just not the case. Disney doing studies like these are good to make sure they aren’t just hearing one perspective and are making informed decisions. Now, it just might lead them to the obvious takeaways many of you have laid out already in this thread, but better to be sure than make a change based on gut feeling that blows up in your face.

DisneyHead123

We have to remember that online fandom isn’t always indicative of the average park guest. My wife and I went to Disney for the first time in over a decade this January. We didn’t know about anyone’s frustrations that you often see vocalized on here. Genie+ was a non issue for us. It was easy to use and we got the virtual queues we wanted. When we learned people had problems, we couldn’t imagine why. Honestly, we still struggle with people’s complaints on this. We loved Enchantment. Same with Harmonious. When we found out people on here despised them, we didn’t understand why. I’ve learned more about the reasoning of peoples displeasure for both and I get it, but if Disney had been following us around this past January, they’d have gotten way different insights than they would have from some of you.

Now, that’s not to say our opinions are correct, but my point is that it’s easy to find ourselves in an echo chamber on here and believe every Disney guest experiences the same frustrations we do. That’s just not the case. Disney doing studies like these are good to make sure they aren’t just hearing one perspective and are making informed decisions. Now, it just might lead them to the obvious takeaways many of you have laid out already in this thread, but better to be sure than make a change based on gut feeling that blows up in your face.
I see what you’re saying and think this would apply if many variables had changed recently. (It’s back to the good ol scientific method.) In this case, though, I think very few variables have changed since peak crowd levels other than: 1. Things have been cut, due to cost cutting or supply chain / labor shortages 2. Prices have been raised 3. Possibly other factors like disposable income have changed, but that’s not observable by watching people at the parks anyways.

I can’t really think of other variables that have changed between peak crowds and now. If they had made a bunch of changes to the ambiance, attractions, decor, etc., then I could see the overall picture being less clear. But at the moment there aren’t a ton of potential factors to consider.

MagicHappens1971

A known pixie duster claiming it's "super crowded" isn't very credible.
While I do dabble in pixie dust, I was at Disney nearly 3 times a week last summer. I’m going in 4 days. I’ll let you know how “crowded” I feel it is. Last summer was “super crowded”

orion54

No offense but you're not the guests that are keeping the lights on at WDW if this is your first trip in over a decade. They can get your money and then won't see you again for another decade+ if that. WDW was built on generations coming back year after year, not decade after decade.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
My guess is the data is skewed to report things however they want to make certain people look good and things are going well even if they aren’t. And therein lies the problem.
It all depends on who collects your "data". If I go to Miami and poll who is the best NFL team is I can report that 90% of polled think the Dolphins are the best team. If I go to a Steakhouse and poll people, I can report that 99% of people polled prefer eating meat over a vegan diet. Polls or surveys mean nothing unless it is an honest poll.

Lilofan

D'Amaro rose up the food chain among these observers being VP of AK as one of his roles. Still could not get the Yeti fixed though.

Lilofan

You have to remember that, fundamentally, Disney Management loathes the guest. Maybe a good dose of humility amongst the brass would improve things.
Perhaps loathe the guest but when revenues declines , the hourly cast keeps their job, the salaried get laid off. The guests coming keeps them employed.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Who’s starting this rumor that the parks are not crowded if this is the summer season beginning it’s super hot and SUPER crowded today and yesterday that I’ve been. Emphasis on HOT
That’s nothing new for Florida. Everyone knows that.

The return of the annual pass sales and lots of summer discounts seem to indicate future trends weren't pointing towards normalcy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom