Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Nubs70

On the attendance figures, does an after hours/party turnstile contribute to a count of unique attendance figures on top of day visits? ie could someone be double counted on a day if they went to MK at 9 am and then stayed for a party?
After hours/party - if it's a separate ticket event, it's a separate unique visit.

WDW is double selling the parks.

Fido Chuckwagon

I'm told Disney fired the group that handled these bookings in 2020 during the pandemic, and never reformed it. So I don't think it's happening now. I could be wrong - if you know of an agency that's doing it, let me know.

Even before that, the group was really tightening the dates and rates that they were giving out.
This was definitely something that went during the pandemic and never came back. Magical Vacations Travel used to be a great travel agency for booking Disney through their “agency exclusive deals” which were exactly what you are describing here. They no longer have those discounts.

Dranth

After hours/party - if it's a separate ticket event, it's a separate unique visit.

WDW is double selling the parks.
This would be my guess which is fine if it is consistent so numbers across quarters/years have some meaningful relationship.

CntrlFlPete

antidotal, but I think it says something. We needed to change our Thanksgiving plans last week. We decided to see what Disney might have open. I was surprised to see a lot open in park including Liberty Tree. We are blocked out from the parks currently, so not something we could do, but I was surprised about how easy it would be to celebrate turkey day there.

Disneyhead'71

antidotal, but I think it says something. We needed to change our Thanksgiving plans last week. We decided to see what Disney might have open. I was surprised to see a lot open in park including Liberty Tree. We are blocked out from the parks currently, so not something we could do, but I was surprised about how easy it would be to celebrate turkey day there.
Traditionally, the parks later in the day are not really busy on Thanksgiving. Everyone is getting ready for their Thanksgiving Buffett at the hotel.

JD80

Thanks to you both! I couldn't remember if room nights were counted even if out of the pool or not, obviously they are.

Yeah, I'm fairly sure the hubris inside Burbank during that time meant there was the belief that there were no price ceilings and demand would never wane. Covid is no excuse - They had plenty of time to knock the public's socks off for the 50th and they could not have missed the mark more than they did.

Personally, I think Universal is moving the see-saw closer to even tilt, if not even slightly in their favor, with EU. As long as they don't bungle the launch, of course. Bob and his Blue Ocean beliefs are going to hurt WDW for the next decade.
Are we that far removed from 2020 to say that COVID offer no excuse when thousands of Americans were dying every day?

Lilofan

We are far enough away in that any business or entity that continues to use COVID as an excuse is nothing more than a laughing-stock.
One buffet that served no meat I loved going to and there was one a few miles away from DAK was Sweet Tomatoes . It was a delish. During Covid all locations nationwide closed. Shortly after, the company closed for good and all staff lost their jobs.

drizgirl

A few here and other sites that keep saying everything is fine. According to the 10-k filling Hotel occupancy was at 82%, that's where it normally is.
I thought I saw that Disney has some buildings closed still (within resorts that are open). Does that mean they are not included in the total?

Nevermore525

I thought I saw that Disney has some buildings closed still (within resorts that are open). Does that mean they are not included in the total?
Any rooms taken out of service are still included in the available room nights. The only thing that changes the available room nights is how many DVC rooms are booked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom