Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Chi84

Premium Member
It was a valid excuse in 2020 and into 2021. It's not an excuse for 2022 and 2023.
Maybe it hasn’t affected Disney the same way but in our area businesses are still having a hard time finding employees for certain types of jobs. It’s also affected how some people (mainly older or with health issues) feel about crowds. But this isn’t a COVID thread.

Lilofan

Maybe it hasn’t affected Disney the same way but in our area businesses are still having a hard time finding employees for certain types of jobs. It’s also affected how some people (mainly older or with health issues) feel about crowds. But this isn’t a COVID thread.
The ways that some guests / customers treat and disrespect staff why would some come to work anymore in certain roles to deal with this ? There was an article from Inside the Magic that explained some guests were defacating in the queue line in the parks. Disney realized this and there is now a newly built mid queue restroom at Flight of Passage at DAK.

Last edited:

Trauma

This is the same company that brought back its cowardly dungpile CEO that fled the second he saw a bad moon rising.

This board of directors knew exactly what Iger is and brought him back anyways because they thought the stock would rebound.

They get ZERO excuses and own every failure until the coward is removed.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
The original topic of covid as an excuse for business practices was in regards to Disney, not "businesses in your area" or "the elderly/health issue" crowd

But feel free to move the goal posts of the discussion as you wish.

Chi84

Premium Member
The original topic of covid as an excuse for business practices was in regards to Disney, not "businesses in your area" or "the elderly/health issue" crowd

But feel free to move the goal posts of the discussion as you wish.
Disney is a business like others and older people as well as those with health issues are part of Disney’s customer base. I’m just saying that if COVID is impacting similar businesses we can extrapolate from that and conclude Disney may still be impacted.

But if you are limiting discussion in this thread to WDW, we spoke at length with the manager of Topolino’s in late 2022 and he said they were still experiencing staffing and supply shortages attributable to COVID.

Andrew25

Related to the earlier discussion here about July 4 crowds at WDW, here's a look at how high temps are affecting WDW:

Disney World visitors felt the heat as medical calls spiked this Summer
You can tell just by walking around the parks how many health services CMs at WDW, Universal, and even SeaWorld there were walking to/from somewhere or just standing around waiting for something, unfortunately.

The parks seriously need to consider adding indoor "cool-off" lounges during the summer, a fan with mist is not enough.

October got busy towards the end, so it definitely seems like word is out that July-August is no longer the best choice for a visit to Florida.

TheMaxRebo

You can tell just by walking around the parks how many health services CMs at WDW, Universal, and even SeaWorld there were walking to/from somewhere or just standing around waiting for something, unfortunately.

The parks seriously need to consider adding indoor "cool-off" lounges during the summer, a fan with mist is not enough.

October got busy towards the end, so it definitely seems like word is out that July-August is no longer the best choice for a visit to Florida.

If only there was an empty pavilion at Epcot that they could have an indoor PLAY space and area for folks to sit in the A/C .... Oh well

On a serious note though we did appreciate the Brewing Labs at the F&WF when we were down in Kate August and hope they keep something like that - and area with lots of seats and tables and A/C where people can escape the heat for a bit ... Need places like that in all the parks

Ayla

October has been busy for at least a decade.

Lilofan

If only there was an empty pavilion at Epcot that they could have an indoor PLAY space and area for folks to sit in the A/C .... Oh well

On a serious note though we did appreciate the Brewing Labs at the F&WF when we were down in Kate August and hope they keep something like that - and area with lots of seats and tables and A/C where people can escape the heat for a bit ... Need places like that in all the parks
After a big meal at all u can eat Biertgarden / Germany , I take almost a one hour nap inside the American Adventure theatre in the cold AC while the show is running.

TheMaxRebo

What sort of deals do you all think Disney will offer in 2025 in response to Epic Universe opening?

Free dining if you pinky swear to not stay at Cabana Bay for a split stay? 😅

I do wonder if they may do some short stay promotions to target people coming for Epic Universe to tack.on a few days for a Disney

fall125

I do wonder if they may do some short stay promotions to target people coming for Epic Universe to tack.on a few days for a Disney

I hope so since that is exactly what my girlfriend and I will be doing. I live in London now and haven't been to Orlando in years. We will be doing a longer a stay at a Universal Hotel for Universal + Kennedy + maybe Sea World etc. and no more than a few nights at Disney just because the value isn't there for me comparatively.

Lilofan

I hope so since that is exactly what my girlfriend and I will be doing. I live in London now and haven't been to Orlando in years. We will be doing a longer a stay at a Universal Hotel for Universal + Kennedy + maybe Sea World etc. and no more than a few nights at Disney just because the value isn't there for me comparatively.
Try to time your vacation to see a space launch . It is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Some FL locals have it good to see a space launch from their back yard or guests and locals even at WDW when we saw a space launch at night seeing it from DHS on Hollywood Blvd.. We heard a boom then we saw the launch on a clear night. The guests including ourselves were applauding and some were crying.

TheMaxRebo

one option I could definitely see, assuming they offer them when you are there, is just doing a few After Hours hard ticket events at Disney and no regular days. Per day the cost is a little more but you can get so much done during After hours (plus the treats, etc) and if going in the summer it is cooler temperature wise

JD80

Disney would be very smart in summer of 2025 through summer of 2026 to offer something like 2-3 night stay packages that are heavily discounted. Include hotel/tickets/G+ but can not exceed 2-3 nights.

No idea what "heavily discounted" means, but something more aggressive than the kids half off deal next year.

Andrew25

Disney would be very smart in summer of 2025 through summer of 2026 to offer something like 2-3 night stay packages that are heavily discounted. Include hotel/tickets/G+ but can not exceed 2-3 nights.

No idea what "heavily discounted" means, but something more aggressive than the kids half off deal next year.
There's a decent possibility Universal might pull a SWGE at Disneyland and block out APs the entire summer of Epic, if this is the case, Disney can run some significant AP discounts/offers for locals who may be blocked out of Epic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom