Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Based on Touringplans data, it looks to me like crowds have recovered this fall compared to previous falls (based on crowd levels). I hate to give credit to anything Iger is saying, but he may be on to something with the weather. Climate change has basically made Florida completely unbearable in the summer (especially between the hours of 10 and 4). I think we will continue to see summer crowds diminish, but other times of the year seem fine.
Crowds have been shifting for years…that still doesn’t explain empty hotel rooms and massive promos/discounts.

And that doesn’t even cover the outside economy…which is a gigantic building problem
For Disney parks.

JD80

I still don't think there are massive promos and discounts. At most maybe 5% more off hotel rooms? Then the "cheaper" version of free dining next year.

The difference is the promos have more inventory, have been announced earlier and for many more dates.

Jrb1979

I still don't think there are massive promos and discounts. At most maybe 5% more off hotel rooms? Then the "cheaper" version of free dining next year.

The difference is the promos have more inventory, have been announced earlier and for many more dates.
It's probably just the first lever. They don't go all out with discounts and promos if they can get by with the minimum with more dates. I'm sure as we get closer to spring if things aren't better they will add more discounts and promos.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

The advertised discounts are a little above standard…kohls pricing minus 25-35%…
But they are widespread

Travel agent discounts are much deeper. I said on one thread I booked a relative with a TA two weeks ago for 12/27-1/2 for 46% off…as in the “busiest week of the year”…as in 2 months from now…you do the math. And it was everything from PoP to Poly…open road.

Local ticket discounts are more significant…those are more “recession” levers. Watch those and see if they increase?

Dvc is running - quietly - some pretty big cuts…they ain’t selling.

But you want the real damning part? In the TA world…Walt disney travel company/wholesale/CRO - whatever you want to call it - told their clients that discounts were a thing of the past in 2017, 2018, etc.

Because of a moronic management “philosophy”…and now they’re in basically recession mode…without the recession. First time ever - by the way.

Jrb1979

That's a quote from a couple of weeks ago from Dreams Unlimited.

"the numbers at WDW are looking bleaker than ever (relatively speaking) with sales (discounts) that are "unheard of" according to John Magi being offered, including steep ticket discounts. These discounts include the Christmas season, and are being offered though much of 2024 already. "

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

"the numbers at WDW are looking bleaker than ever (relatively speaking) with sales (discounts) that are "unheard of" according to John Magi being offered, including steep ticket discounts. These discounts include the Christmas season, and are being offered though much of 2024 already. "
That is accurate

…yet everything is fine according to some

willtravel

"unheard of" that made me chuckle.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Did anyone posted this yet about Comcast quarterly report?

Content & Experiences

($ in millions)
3rd Quarter
2023 20225 Change
Content & Experiences Revenue
Media$6,029 $6,005 0.4%
Studios2,518 3,296 (23.6%)
Theme Parks2,418 2,064 17.2%
Headquarters & Other13 22 (39.5%)
Eliminations(419) (909) 53.8%
Total Content & Experiences Revenue$10,559 $10,477 0.8%
Content & Experiences Adjusted EBITDA
Media$723 $679 6.5%
Studios429 551 (22.2%)
Theme Parks983 819 20.0%
Headquarters & Other(178) (199) 10.7%
Eliminations17 (59) NM
Total Content & Experiences Adjusted EBITDA$1,973 $1,791 10.2%

JD80

What discounts are unheard of? What steep ticket discounts? The only ticket discount is the children discount next year that forces you to buy the Dining Plan.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Did anyone posted this yet about Comcast quarterly report?
In a nutshell of the "other" Comcast stuff: Paramount Plus only lost $545 million this quarter, Cord cutting for their bread and butter cable business continues to contract with half a million subscribers lost combined with the previous quarters is a net 12% reduction in paying customers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom